True Blue 35th Anniversary Edition

proxy

2 hours ago, Haralampos said:

I Also noticed in Audacity that there's a slightly cut at the start of White Heat's sample. Actually the word 'a'. Can anyone confirm this? I guess it's not only on my copy.

What a fucking mess... 

I've fixed White Heat too. It's available in the same post with Where's The Party and Love Makes The World Go Round fixed: https://madonna-infinity.net/forums/topic/29893-true-blue-35th-anniversary-edition-coming-to-streaming-on-friday/?do=findComment&comment=975039

19 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Yeah, "Like A Virgin" is a digital recording 44/16 (or 44/14). Some people claim that Warner transfer an "analog" copy of the album for the 192000 Hz/ 24 bit version instead the "digital" master. I really don't know. So in this case, the original CD could be a perfect copy of the original digital master. 

Exactly It even Says so on the FRONT COVER!

16 minutes ago, Craigypants said:

Mine Does.

I try and grab it a take a pic.

Oh my God, It's the first time I've seen a "Like A Virgin" with the "Digital Recording" in the front cover:  https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Like-A-Virgin/release/711228

I'm a bad, bad, bad collector.... I'm still learning things about the pre-true blue era.

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Oh my God, It's the first time I've seen a "Like A Virgin" with the "Digital Recording" in the front cover:  https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Like-A-Virgin/release/711228

I'm a bad, bad, bad collector.... I'm still learning things about the pre-true blue era.

Honey its fine, My memory is terrible.  The first cd I had brought of it had it, but I haven't seen it on any other release since. The only reason I remembered was I had to rip it about 3 months ago and I saw it on the front cover. Its just not that bold or noticeable a first glance. Its very easy to miss. ???. Sometimes i hear voices in my head but I don't see things that are not there? I just blame my wasted youth!Smiley Face Thumbs Up GIF

10 minutes ago, amscity said:

Useless release. Adulterated music, compressed to hell, pointless. The original CD release or the Hi Res version are still superior and will always be.

Well, at least we won True Blue (Instrumental) from a digital source. As far as I know, from the "True Blue" era, only "Open Your Heart (Remix)" is unavailable from a Digital source. The rest is available on CD (with different sound quality).

5 hours ago, PanditaRulez said:

I made comparisons between the True Blue Instrumental taken from the 35th anniversary edition and the original vinyl rip and this was the result, are we sure that we didn't get a "remastered" vinyl rip? :dead: :wide-eyes: :drama:

Yes, we are sure it's not a vinyl rip. It's too clean at the end. It's definitely from a tape source. Spectral analysis wouldn't tell us whether it's vinyl or not, only if it's lossy or not.

7 hours ago, amscity said:

Useless release. Adulterated music, compressed to hell, pointless. The original CD release or the Hi Res version are still superior and will always be.

All this prompted me to finally buy the hi-rez release last night, and it sounds great!  Better dynamic range than the first-press CD, actually. No clipping of the dynamic range at all, not the slightest bit compressed. (And no truncated song openings.) According to Dynamic Range Database, the same is true for her other hi-rez releases.  It seems to be cheaper on 7Digital than the other sites right now. (Only thing I noticed is that the spoken intro to "White Heat" is not quite as bright as it is on the original CD, not that it's particularly bright there. Not sure of the reason for that.)

Edited by superbu (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

It's barely visible. The writing is so thin and light.

I've got to dig my old German "Like a Virgin" CD case out of the garage, because I was just sure it says it's a only a 12-bit recording in the booklet, but I could have read it somewhere else. At some point I put all my Madonna CDs in one of those CD binder albums and put all the cases in a box in the garage, to save space.

30 minutes ago, superbu said:

All this prompted me to finally buy the hi-rez release last night, and it sounds great!  Better dynamic range than the first-press CD, actually. No clipping of the dynamic range at all, not the slightest bit compressed. (And n no truncated song openings.) According to Dynamic Range Database, the same is true for her other hi-rez releases.  It seems to be cheaper on 7Digital than the other sites right now. (Only thing I noticed is that the spoken intro to "White Heat" is not quite as bright as it is on the original CD, not that it's particularly bright there. Not sure of the reason for that.)

At the end, I'm gonna recreate the 35th anniversary using the original CD from 1986 and the Japanese CD singles and EPs. No Dynamic Range Compression, no clipping, and maximum quality.

By the way... Anyone has a japanese CD copy of the original True Blue album? Pleeeeeeeeease.....

2 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

At the end, I'm gonna recreate the 35th annyversary using the original CD from 1986 and the Japanese CD singles and EPs. No Dynamic Range Compression, no clipping, and maximum quality.

By the way... Anyone has a japanese CD copy of the original True Blue album? Pleeeeeeeeease.....

I have! The first pressing from the Japanese CD and another pressing from 1989. Tell me which format you prefer (WAV, FLAC, MP3) and I'll be more than glad to share it with you.

5 minutes ago, amscity said:

I have! The first pressing from the Japanese CD and another pressing from 1989. Tell me which format you prefer (WAV, FLAC, MP3) and I'll be more than glad to share it with you.

I would prefer the 1986 copy in WAV. But don't care if you upload the 1989 version. Thank you very much!!!!

6 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

At the end, I'm gonna recreate the 35th anniversary using the original CD from 1986 and the Japanese CD singles and EPs. No Dynamic Range Compression, no clipping, and maximum quality.

Yes! I will rip it for you. ??

14 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I would prefer the 1986 copy in WAV. But don't care if you upload the 1989 version. Thank you very much!!!!

I cant Pvt You the link as you have PVT messaging off.

https://mega.nz/file/0yoFzQjA#I3adLEApunjDD7vQHx_QgvL0_My80byi181uKoxkktw

2 minutes ago, Craigypants said:

I cant Pvt You the link as you have PVT messaging off.

Thank you very much. Yes, my private inbox is disable. Many problems in the past (fortunately not in this forum). 

I'll upload the 35th annyversary (japanese tracks, without loudness war). But only for 60 minutes because is a commercial release. So "Stay tunned" the next 30 minutes. 

Ok, only for 60 minutes for the members of this forum, the 35th anniversary using the japanese CDs without "Loudness War". Please, be quickly. 

EDIT: I'm sorry, although my 35th version is not the one available to buy, the songs are still the same. So I must remove my version. I don't care if the people who have downloaded my version, upload it again. Don't Worry. I hope you're like my version. Special thanks to @Craigypants and @amscity for their help with the original japanese CD of True Blue.

• RUADJAI changed the title to True Blue 35th Anniversary Edition
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic