True Blue 35th Anniversary Edition

proxy

Ok, I've got my "master" version from TIDAL. And "Where's The Party" and "Love Makes The World Go Round" are fucked at the beginning... And the songs are compressed (Loudness War). But I like the sound quality in general at this moment (I need to play the full album).

3 hours ago, Angelman60 said:

Is it the first time we get true blue Instrumental in digital quality? 

Yes! :D So there's that at least!

14 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Ok, I've got my "master" version from TIDAL. And "Where's The Party" and "Love Makes The World Go Round" are fucked at the beginning... And the songs are compressed (Loudness War). But I like the sound quality in general at this moment (I need to play the full album).

The "master" quality from TIDAL is garbage, you are better off with regular FLAC from any other source.

15 minutes ago, bertrand said:

The "master" quality from TIDAL is garbage, you are better off with regular FLAC from any other source.

Well, the "master" quality is far away to be a real master (at least talking about the Madonna's catalog). But they have the same quality as others FLAC sources or commercial CDs. For me, Tidal is the best site for music right now (because I can download the songs without losing quality). 

5 hours ago, Fighter said:

almost 25 whole dollars? :Madonna049:

I know! Lol

There’s nothing new to “sell”, and chances are the extras will be released to streaming as the anniversary dates of the singles approach anyway, right? 
And as I’ve already compared from the prior releases, a WB digital release is basically equal to the HQ CD rips we’ve had for years, or for some of us, in our CD players. LOL. 

but I’ll probably still buy it. That’s the kinda fan I am, and I’m beginning to resent MYSELF for it! Lol

33 minutes ago, PanditaRulez said:

Those masters are the same as the Hi-Res versions? @Aiwa08 do you think they are the same because they have the same quality of the Hi-Res. :thinker:

16bit are CD quality - 24bit are high-resolution quality - I cant remember exactly the story behind it but he did the 1st three albums + M's tracks 24/96 for WTG and 24/48 for Vision.

5 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Ok. I don't know other sites, but on TIDAL the problems with "Where's The Party" and "Love makes the world go round" at the beginning , are present in the 2001 remaster version too (sadly I've never checked these songs on TIDAL before today because I have the original remastered CD). 

It’s everywhere, Spotify & Apple Music too. They’ve updated the 9 album tracks + the 2 bonus remixes on the “True Blue” reissue with all these “new” versions.

Well I wasn't expecting this but I sailed the sea to get it. Its easy to find. I haven't listened yet as I want to compare to the Original CD Pressing and The Japan 2015 Re-Issue.

I hope it sounds as a good but some of these True Blue Madonna GIFmake me think its just a collection of whatever they could grab in relation to the ERA and whack it in an Album called Anniversary. Absolutely No Heads up, Is the going to be a Physical Edition?

4 hours ago, PanditaRulez said:

@Aiwa08 do you think they are the same because they have the same quality of the Hi-Res. :thinker:

I don't know why TIDAL labels the tracks as "Masters" when the files are 44100 Hz/16 bit (CD quality). For me, a master is 96000 Hz or 192000 Hz and 24 bits. Maybe they want to say that the FLAC files are created directly from the masters.

For example, on TIDAL the "Master" of Madamex X is 44100 Hz / 32 bits (Float). But in this forum uploaded a real "Master" version at 88200 Hz / 24 bits (I don't know the source of this version, maybe from HDtracks.com).

About your question, I only know that HDtracks.com sells legally the 192000 Hz / 24 bits masters of "Madonna", "Like A Virgin", "True Blue" and "Who's That Girl" since 2012. I don't know any story of a fan ripping the master tapes. As far as I know, Warner wanted to release a "Super Audio CD" or "Blu-Ray High Fidelity Pure Audio" version but at the end they didn't do that (maybe because both formats born dead) and that is the reason why those masters are available to buy in HD. Anyway I don't know it this is real or not.

11 hours ago, reinvented_0 said:

There's a Nick Kamen Complete Collection with demos and things available on streaming services since October

The Madonna version was not included, we only have it in LQ. It was a good occasion to release it in HQ.

10 hours ago, Gorgeous M said:

What the hell? I thought the unreleased true blue songs would be included. 

But happy 35th Anniversary to true blue 

Pipeline and Work your fingers to the bone.

To me an anniversary edition should come with bonus never heard before tracks.

Jellybean.jpg

Take for instance the Jesus Christ Superstar boxset, with a cd of recording sessions and a 100 page booklet, announced today:

3DProductImage-CDBox_1.png?v=1627576526

• RUADJAI changed the title to True Blue 35th Anniversary Edition
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic