True Blue 35th Anniversary Edition

proxy

45 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I wonder if they will release the singles for those True Blue songs later down the line? I can imagine part of the reason they slapped this release together is cos it would get more plays than a single?

I’m pretty sure they won’t.

And this makes me not look forward to the rumored Commotion digital EP. 
The Movie House and Dub mixes will be from the yellow CD and the Movie House Edit will never get a digital release ?

1 minute ago, thegoldencalf said:

I’m pretty sure they won’t.

And this makes me not look forward to the rumored Commotion digital EP. 
The Movie House and Dub mixes will be from the yellow CD and the Movie House Edit will never get a digital release ?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that someone uploaded the Movie House Edit from a rare CD (a compilation promo made by Warner) a couple of years ago. I'm not sure...

4 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I'm sorry. I was wrong. I have a vinyl-rip with a little earlier fade out to remove the vinyl noise. I'm sorry for the wrong info. It was an alternative "Lucky Star (edit)" the song in that compilation.

Haha that happens to me as well.

Do you have one of your personal rips of it? You and @Craigypantshave the best vinyl rips around 

3 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Haha that happens to me as well.

Do you have one of your personal rips of it? You and @Craigypantshave the best vinyl rips around 

No, I don't have the US promo. Now that I know it's not available on digital, I'll buy the US 7''. I never liked "Causing a Commotion" too much.

True Blue is such a great album. It’s fantastic. I wonder if we will ever get such an album from Madonna again. It’s not like it’s particularly light subject-wise but the topics, politics and lyrics always take a second row behind the music. And how great is the music? The songs are so catchy, so melodic and it’s a pure joy listening to her vocals.

7 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Until now, no vinyl rip on Madonna's official streaming. I don't know why people repeat that. Not the best sound quality, yes, but none from vinyl. And many tracks never released on CD are available now in digital (not from vinyl) with amazing sound quality.

In my opinion, the 35th anniversary is a rushed release taking the first available digital source for the general public, not for the fans. Until now, with the singles, they are doing a (very slow) fantastic work.

People love making these erroneous remarks based on nothing just so they can bitch and complain. 

It shouldn’t be a rushed release! They announced it a month in advance. That’s plenty of time to gather the proper masters or transfer whatever is needed 

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

It shouldn’t be a rushed release! They announced it a month in advance. That’s plenty of time to gather the proper masters or transfer whatever is needed 

For a casual fan or general people, the 35th anniversary is a fantastic work.

But we are fans, and we know every detail from every release (Japanese, UK, Spain, Germany, USA...). So we know "Yellow CDs"= BAD, "Japanese CDs"=FANTASTIC, "Mexican 7''= Ultra rare edit, etc, etc, etc. We know every detail. Do you think a regular worker from Warner know these things? Absolutely not.

And they don't only work with Madonna. Maybe they must do 20 anniversaries for other artits to be released in the same week. That is the reason why I've said "rush release". The best thing would be a couple of fans helping them to take decisions (no "Open Your Heart (Remix)" from a digital source in the 35th anniversary is a crime).

24 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

For a casual fan or general people, the 35th anniversary is a fantastic work.

But we are fans, and we know every detail from every release (Japanese, UK, Spain, Germany, USA...). So we know "Yellow CDs"= BAD, "Japanese CDs"=FANTASTIC, "Mexican 7''= Ultra rare edit, etc, etc, etc. We know every detail. Do you think a regular worker from Warner know these things? Absolutely not.

And they don't only work with Madonna. Maybe they must do 20 anniversaries for other artits to be released in the same week. That is the reason why I've said "rush release". The best thing would be a couple of fans helping them to take decisions (no "Open Your Heart (Remix)" from a digital source in the 35th anniversary is a crime).

I always wondered why Warner doesn’t seek more input from fans. There’s a lot of free labor they could get here haha

18 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I always wondered why Warner doesn’t seek more input from fans. There’s a lot of free labor they could get here haha

The perfect input would be from US fans and European fans together (we have a very different point of view sometimes when we talk about Madonna singles or remixes). 

20 minutes ago, PanditaRulez said:

The Causing a Commotion Movie House Edit is available on this 1987 CD compilation:

https://www.discogs.com/es/Various-HitDisc-703/release/11915575

So I wasn't wrong. Then this version was uploaded here years ago. And I can't find it in my harddrive (only the vinyl-rip).

23 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Even so. These compilations sometimes have much better vinyl rips than the fan made ones

Easy. Using a tangencial turntable, so cheap in the 80s, the vinyl-rips could be perfect. Nowadays to buy a good tangencial turntable in mint condition is almost imposible without spend thousand dollars. 

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Easy. Using a tangencial turntable, so cheap in the 80s, the vinyl-rips could be perfect. Nowadays to buy a good tangencial turntable in mint condition is almost imposible without spend thousand dollars. 

I downloaded it from the remixology thread and sounds really good. Seems like a digital transfer to me…

18 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I downloaded it from the remixology thread and sounds really good. Seems like a digital transfer to me…

I've downloaded too and I agree with you. It seems a digital transfer, not with the japanese quality, but a good one. I don't know why people see vinyl-rips on official CDs. 

21 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I've downloaded too and I agree with you. It seems a digital transfer, not with the japanese quality, but a good one. I don't know why people see vinyl-rips on official CDs. 

Borderline It looks like this one is from a CD source and just like Lucky Star 7" Version https://www.discogs.com/Various-GoldDisc-131/release/11531250 - Also there's another Gold Disc featuring Lucky Star 7" .

• RUADJAI changed the title to True Blue 35th Anniversary Edition
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic