Testing the Levitating remix with M in the club where i work

Redha DBL

Ok it wasn't as bad as i imagined. After all Levitating is a huge hit so people were singing along during the chorus (most of thel had no clue Madonna was singing a verse !). I have been traumatized one day, the floor was packed, the energy was crazy, and i decided to play "Give it 2 me", in a blink of an eye everybody literally cleared the floor ! People were looking at me like "WTF have you done". Since that day i always hesitate a lot to play post 2006 Madonna. 

36 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Ok it wasn't as bad as i imagined. After all Levitating is a huge hit so people were singing along during the chorus (most of thel had no clue Madonna was singing a verse !). I have been traumatized one day, the floor was packed, the energy was crazy, and i decided to play "Give it 2 me", in a blink of an eye everybody literally cleared the floor ! People were looking at me like "WTF have you done". Since that day i always hesitate a lot to play post 2006 Madonna. 

Which version of Give it 2 Me? 

55 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I'm about to play the Levitating Remix with Madonna for the first time in the pub where i work as a dj. I am so arraid to clear the floor i wanted to sharr with you !!!

What city are you from?  Was it in a LGBTQIA+ club? I´m from Rio, Brazil. I´ve played Levitating with M a few times and it was ok. And I once had an episode like yours with Give it 2 Me too, some years ago. 

But before Covid, Faz Gostoso was a ultra huge hit in Brazilian LGBTQIA+ clubs due to Anitta´s colab. It was not hard to hear this song more then once in a night. 

1 hour ago, Dj Garrido said:

What city are you from?  Was it in a LGBTQIA+ club? I´m from Rio, Brazil. I´ve played Levitating with M a few times and it was ok. And I once had an episode like yours with Give it 2 Me too, some years ago. 

But before Covid, Faz Gostoso was a ultra huge hit in Brazilian LGBTQIA+ clubs due to Anitta´s colab. It was not hard to hear this song more then once in a night. 

It's a city in the north of France, two hours from Paris. It' a straight club lll funny how you experienced the same fiasco than me with Give it 2 me ! 

1 hour ago, NowRadiate said:

Sorry to say but I’m not surprised about Give it 2 me.

Other songs post Hard Candy do work well though.

Yeah actually i have played Living for Love and Girl Gone wild and it went quite well. Meidellin (a remix version, more danceacle) was terrible, i had to change of track right in the middle ?

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

Yeah actually i have played Living for Love and Girl Gone wild and it went quite well. Meidellin (a remix version, more danceacle) was terrible, i had to change of track right in the middle ?

What about Hung Up? Lately it seems that younger crowds in Belgum has gone crazy for remixes of Gimme Gimme (with a quite distinct Hung Up beat). I get it, because this music just simply provides an epic sound, it's very upbeat and unapologetically nostalgic.

4 minutes ago, Just 4 said:

What about Hung Up? Lately it seems that younger crowds in Belgum has gone crazy for remixes of Gimme Gimme (with a quite distinct Hung Up beat). I get it, because this music just simply provides an epic sound, it's very upbeat and unapologetically nostalgic.

Oh yeah i play Hung Up, i was talking about post 2006 M tracks. I love the intro of the mix you have posted.

6 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Yes, until "Express Yourself" and "Vogue" straight people love her.  After these two singles, many of them ran away.

That is SO true. If i play old school Madonna i never go after 1991 (from experience) and of course "Hung Up" which is her only post 1991 track that still works on a straight dance floor. I even tried to play "Music" (the original version) once and it was a flop. Only some house mashups worked for "Music" but even that is not a big success. 

6 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Give it 2 Me is just too fast. It's literally the same beat as Blurred Lines but on crack. 

It's funny you mention that because the night i played "Give it 2 me" i mixed it just after "Blurred lines" cause the beat is basically almost the same and it flows really well during the mix.