Whatever happened to Queen on Rebel Heart?

Sultrysully

1 hour ago, Fateseeker said:

so the listing on Madonna.com, did the Super deluxe include these? 

Iconic Pt 2 - different mix and more rap 

LFL stripped - is the Djemba Djemba Edit

LFL Revised  -  is the album version mixed with the Djemba Djemba mix an

Joan of Arc - downtempo beat 

23 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Queen was included on the official tracklisting on Madonna.com, for quite awhile, even after the album was officially released.  I wonder what ever happened to the song's inclusion on the record?  Obviously, the plan was for it to be in the official tracklisting but something changed and quite late in the game.  It was a great song, arguably better than many of the songs that were included.  Does anybody have any insight or theories?  Just wondering about this glaring omission.  

such a brilliant song. lyrically one of the best from the Rebel Heart sessions.  shame it was not on the album.  

22 hours ago, VogueMusic said:

Who knows, but I adore the song.

On my own personal tracklisting playlist for the album, I have it as the album closer. It's the perfect end to the album, especially with that ending of the song.

funny, I put it as the opener.  I think Queen would have been such a cool opener. Starts it off cinematically and then the following songs would be putting herself back together.  then end it with Living For Love,  I prefer when she closes on an upbeat song.  

9 hours ago, Pud said:

funny, I put it as the opener.  I think Queen would have been such a cool opener. Starts it off cinematically and then the following songs would be putting herself back together.  then end it with Living For Love,  I prefer when she closes on an upbeat song.  

Interesting. 

On 8/2/2021 at 9:49 AM, deathproof said:

But this was never on Madonna.com. This only leaked from the work print that was sent to be mastered 

It was on her site for a while but the tracklisting was finalized. It was originally the final tracklisting before the tracks were removed and remixes were added.

Screenshot 2021-08-03 11.41.49 AM.png

7 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Only Queen was ever on Madonna.com17731497_ScreenShot2021-08-03at12_54_23PM.thumb.png.ffc62ae1099954d8118d7602a23c0ba3.png

That was in reference to Queen. The other was in part of a proposed tracklisting but were removed to not be considered a double album and were replaced with remixes. My screenshot was to show that Queen was originally and posted on her official site.:Madonna039:

6 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

That was in reference to Queen. The other was in part of a proposed tracklisting but were removed to not be considered a double album and were replaced with remixes. My screenshot was to show that Queen was originally and posted on her official site.:Madonna039:

Err, there's some kind of weird editing going on here lol. 

My original quote was about the workprint bonus tracks, and how Queen only appeared on Madonna.com, not the JOA Acoustic, or 2 alternate versions of LFL.

5 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I think you were confusing with what i said with something else.

My original quote was about the workprint bonus tracks, and how Queen only appeared on Madonna.com, not the JOA Acoustic, or 2 alternate versions of LFL.

Yeah I misread. I was confused about editing since I didn't edit the posts above minus the screenshot inclusion.

18 hours ago, Ryder said:

Iconic Pt 2 - different mix and more rap 

LFL stripped - is the Djemba Djemba Edit

LFL Revised  -  is the album version mixed with the Djemba Djemba mix an

Joan of Arc - downtempo beat 

IMO the Joan of Arc acoustic version is superior in every way to the drum machine add on that we received on the Rebel Heart album  

1 hour ago, Sultrysully said:

IMO the Joan of Arc acoustic version is superior in every way to the drum machine add on that we received on the Rebel Heart album  

It's all about preferences! Some love the upgrades on the album vs others prefer the original demo -  I would've left Queen on the album as who's dying to have those lame ass bonus LFL mixes?  

9 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Rebel Heart is the one album that is the most deserving of a proper re-release, with Aviici’s versions included and the demos finished and added. Make it a 3-4 Disc set and include some never-before-seen artworks instead of the juvenile single covers she had.

Yeah sure we will get 4 CDs reissue of Rebel Heart.. Like ever ;)