Do you think Madonna would ever do a tour for an old album?

artofdarkness

Guy Oseary said a couple of years ago he hopes Madonna does a tour for Ray of Light in the future, probably something like U2 did with their Joshua Tree album, a tour celebrating the record's 30th anniversary (Guy's also their manager).

I wonder if Madonna would ever do such a thing for one of her iconic albums, once she has a biopic to come out next year, she's planning new music (some people even say she has the Oscar in mind) and to me that sounds like her name will be in good evidence in the years 2022 and 2023 (that is if she doesn't decide to put an album and a tour after the award season, that would keep her working for a year more).

That said, here are some of the iconic albums anniversaries coming this decade:

Like a Prayer: 35th anniversary in 2024

Immaculate Collection 35th anniversary in 2025

True Blue 40th anniversary in 2026

Ray of Light 30th anniversary in 2028

Like a Prayer: 40th anniversary in 2029

Would you like to see her performing all of the songs from one of these albums? Which of the possibilities do you think would be more interesting?

I think that Madonna's "Farewell Tour" will have no songs newer than the Music album.  She will embrace her legacy and make us wish that we had appreciated her more when she was still producing.  Her catalog is so amazing 1982 - 2020 (so far) but he goodbye will be a tribute to 1983 -2000.  

58 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

I think that Madonna's "Farewell Tour" will have no songs older than the Music album.  She will embrace her legacy and make us wish that we had appreciated her more when she was still producing.  Her catalog is so amazing 1982 - 2020 (so far) but he goodbye will be a tribute to 1983 -2000.  

I agree but I do think she would throw in Hung Up since it's her last mega hit (with no features). It would be cool if she did the arena/stadium tour with the 83-00 material and then revisited the theatre tour idea with the 03-present songs + album tracks/fan faves as a more intimate thank you to the more diehard fans. 

1 hour ago, Sultrysully said:

I think that Madonna's "Farewell Tour" will have no songs older than the Music album.  She will embrace her legacy and make us wish that we had appreciated her more when she was still producing.  Her catalog is so amazing 1982 - 2020 (so far) but he goodbye will be a tribute to 1983 -2000.  

There will never be a Farewell Tour.

P.S. Don't you mean "no songs younger than the Music album" ?

I think a pre record one off live stream is more likely than a tour. I think that would be a bit of a boring tour tbh. Too many slow songs on Ray Of Light an we know Madonna doesn't do many of those in her live shows. 

The nearest I can see is another reinvention type show where it's billed as a greatest hits tour  but isn't exactly that.

The Ray Of Light anniversary tour but it's where she performs all the singles and maybe one other track and the rest is filled with her hits and more recent stuff is the closest you'll get . 

But a tour with just the Ray Of Light album? Nah..not in a million. 
Was the U2 tour just the Joshua Tree album or did they do more stuff?

I can see her doing an acoustic take on it with minimalist beats or instruments added to it.

Tears of a clown/ La Cantine Du Faubourg. Ray of light works well like that,  adding some popular tracks in between.

But as @Overloadedmentioned she did Re-Invention as the Greatest Hits tour  and I'm not sure she will repeat herself on that

Would be nice if she did something like Kylie's Anti-Tour where it's mostly b-sides and songs she hasn't performed before  / performed in a long time. 

I think that's the only way we'll ever get songs like Physical Attraction, Angel, Keep It Together, Rescue Me, Playground, Bad Girl, Skin, Nothing Really Matters etc on tour.

5 hours ago, alvaroliam said:

Nope, but maybe a stand alone anniversary show.

Yeah, I would love it if she started doing that. Just one show a là Tears of a clown (just better rehearsed). Maybe Paramount+ would be interested in streaming that? It would be a perfect excuse to finally perform Waiting, Words, Thief of hearts, Bad girl etc without having them take up space in an international tour setlist. Again, I'm only interested in Erotica. She performed most songs from other albums and I don't really care so much amount Bedtime Stories lol

I don't see it happening. 

I don't think she can sing those songs anymore. I mean, she's been singing her own songs in a lower key since DWT.  (Holiday and Ray of light, for example) 

For instance, after the Eurovision performance, she started singing like a prayer in MXT in a lower key, something that never happened before with that song. 

I don't see her singing TPOG or NRM or ROL Live. 

Imo, the real reason shes using too many effects in the last recording sessions is that We have to accept her voice is getting older too. ?‍♂️

Sorry if my opinion is not popular, but that's what I think.