Do you think Madonna would ever do a tour for an old album?

artofdarkness

11 hours ago, cabbageboy said:

So Tears of a Clown minus the clown? :lol:

I feel like Tears of a clown was half way there,  but to me it was more of a Music / American life project with some extra tracks added in for good measure. 

I mean a full proper setlist that spans her career.

Unless it's Madame X, don't think so ?

Wouldn't mind a concept show where it's jazz, piano and cabaret influenced to focus on I'm Breathless, Erotica, Bedtime Stories... 

Shoo Bee Do

Bad Girl

What Can You Lose

Devil Wouldn't Recognise You

Something To Remember

Promise To Try

Heartbreak City

Secret

This Used To Be My Playground

Sooner Or Later

Falling Free

I think if she tours with the biopic soundtrack, which I can’t imagine her only recording 1 new song for it, she could do a “proper” GH tour, with the new songs.

She could also add some extras, like Candy Shop and Human Nature… oh wait, those ARE greatest hits, right? Lol. 

seriously, if she did do ROL in it’s entirety, it would be cool if she opened with a set of older/newer hits, then stick ROL as a second act, then close with another set of familiar songs, hits or not. (The same format could be used for maybe the LAP album)
in reality, it would probably be the entire ROL track list peppered into the overall setlist, which also is the only way I can see the entire Erotica album being presented. 

my real opinion is that “celebrating” an entire album/era would be an admission of being a heritage act, which she hasn’t been keen to embrace yet. But, who knows how she’ll feel about her past after the biopic? 

I must admit, I can’t picture her doing any of her previous albums with the look she has currently. ROL was so laid-back and she was in such a different mood back then, I can‘t picture a Madonna with platinum blonde hair, giant boob pushed up to her chin, fillers and grillz doing songs like NRM or Little Star.  

On 8/6/2021 at 10:31 AM, brank000 said:

Would be nice if she did something like Kylie's Anti-Tour where it's mostly b-sides and songs she hasn't performed before  / performed in a long time. 

But do we think the general public is willing to pay over $400 to see a concert filled with album tracks/b-sides they don't even know they exist? :laughing: Madonna knows she can't fill a venue with fans only, so she's obliged to squeeze old singles here and there.

1 hour ago, madgefan said:

But do we think the general public is willing to pay over $400 to see a concert filled with album tracks/b-sides they don't even know they exist? :laughing: Madonna knows she can't fill a venue with fans only, so she's obliged to squeeze old singles here and there.

Probably not, but are the general public interested in her anymore ? I doubt they were going to Madame X. This would be a nice treat for the fans