Do you want Madonna to prepare a final album (for posthumous release)?

MDRA

David Bowie recorded and released Black Star just before his death but after the recording he spoke to Tony Visconti about his 'next' album. He did not really 'prepare' the album for after his death. Would I like a Madonna album that deals with the theme of mortality and reflection on life (much like Bowie did with BS)? Yes! Mature, honest, dark, serious and brooding. She already has a few tracks that deal with such issues (Mer Girl, Wash All Over Me...)

This could go one of three ways:

1. M prepares an album that touches on life and death a la Blackstar but that means she might know her time is coming sooner than expected and wants to go out ending her story.

2. M dies and then the label and estate cobble together a mixture of barely done outtakes and releases it a la MJ

3. M dies and then the label just releases a compilation of her songs that touch on life and death.

9 minutes ago, Husam Elzien said:

This could go one of three ways:

1. M prepares an album that touches on life and death a la Blackstar but that means she might know her time is coming sooner than expected and wants to go out ending her story.

2. M dies and then the label and estate cobble together a mixture of barely done outtakes and releases it a la MJ

3. M dies and then the label just releases a compilation of her songs that touch on life and death.

or they'll just release another CD-DVD combo with previously released material and standard DVD in a cardboard box set xDDDDD

What an interesting topic idea! 

I think that she wants to exert as much control as possible over career, and will even in death.  To which end, releasing an album posthumously only allows the artist so much control over how it is perceived.

However unlikely, I think it would be brilliant if she left us something that added a bit of mystery to her; so if something was released and there wasn't any background information, all we had was the music to go off of, it could be really interesting. 

i mean, they will run to make money out of her fame once this happens, they will release unreleased songs probably.

but i wouldn't mind a new album, seems like a gift for the fans, something to make us feel better. cause when she will be gone i will end up depressed for some time, i just know it

but on the other side, it seems so ominous to be in her position and prepare something you will not be able to enjoy with the world

33 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

A good-bye album? Never. A good-bye song? Yes. But not talking about death or similar. Just a good-bye song as an artist or a good-bye to her career. 

We'll get a random Facebook post with the Take a Bow EP now on Spotify along with an AI-upgrade HD version of the video. Bye, Madonna.

1 minute ago, eXtremeOccident said:

We'll get a random Facebook post with the Take a Bow EP now on Spotify along with an AI-upgrade HD version of the video. Bye, Madonna.

I mean a real good-bye song talking about her career, songs and feelings. Not a simple song that can be used by everybody as a good-bye.