MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

2 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Also I don't see American life and Hard Candy getting re-issued. The official announcement says "many of her landmark albums". So only the landmark albums (which I'm guessing doesn't include American life and anything after Confessions) and not even all of them. They never said they'll re-issue every album. 

They'll probably start with the "big ones" ("Like A Prayer", "Ray Of Light", etc.) and then do more albums if they do well. It's all business in the end, if there's interest and money we'll get more reissues even for the "smaller" albums, I guess.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they’ll milk it for all it’s worth tbh. Some will be anniversary special editions with added content and others will likely be straight up re-editions and maybe even remasters. 
There’s a wealth of material for some of her lesser commercial albums. Madonna will 100% want American Life and Erotica reappraised and repackaged. I just can’t see her not wanting to. 

Bedtime Stories is interesting though because it has her Tupac story. It’s the beginning of her spiritual rebirth. It has her favourite song Human Nature and her biggest and longest number one in the states Take A Bow and a Bjork co-write. It can’t really be discounted. Plus a wealth of Shep early versions and she seems to have a reinvigorated  drive towards RNB and hip hop so who knows. 

I think you may be right about Hard Candy though. I imagine that whole period gives her the ick what with the souring of the record label relationship and the Guy era coming to a close. 

Who’s That Girl

You Can Dance

Im Breathless

Bedtime Story

STR

Evita

GHV2

Remixed & Revisited

Hard Candy

Celebration

MDNA

Madame X

would probably be the most at risk. That’s 50% of her releases. 

I think American Life and Erotica have the iconic Girlie Show and Reinvention tours in their favour. 

I also think the full tours will finally hit music streaming platforms in an official capacity. I hope they don’t tamper with them though.

Oh, Who's That Girl will surely be reissued. They've constantly bundled it up with the first three albums these past couple of years. It's been always reissued in batch with them, there's a high resolution version of it as well... The only thing we got for "You Can Dance" was the red vinyl for RSD, and that's a much more interesting era from a standpoint of a Madonna fan, IMHO, a lot more obscure/promo/vinyl-only stuff everyone would want their hands on.

The press release also gave off the impression that everything will most definitely be reissued, the only flexible thing at this point are probably the tracklists and formats. There's probably stuff already being manufactured at a record plant somewhere, to be ready for next year.

High key kill for a sneaky schedule but also want the surprises because aside from the odd insta scandal and the biopic I think it’s going to be a dull decade ahead for new Madonna material and tours. 
I’d actually prefer less touring and more content for a bit. Maybe your every two albums like the 80’s again. 

I'd like a rough idea of what's coming each year. Like, "This year we will release this, this and this. Stay tuned for more details!" or whatever. 

What I really want from these releases is: an amazing expanded booklet for each album, the tours and the music videos all remastered in HD and released on bluray, 80's outtakes. An extra bonus would be the Pettibone demo of Secret and other demos. 

I can't imagine them putting out a list of whats to come year by year. The complaints because 1 album comes sooner than another...

Prince's estate doesnt even do that. However, they do make hints at whats to come before the official announcement.

It would be lovely if the team would put some kind of hint out! Throw us a friggin bone!

10 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I can't imagine them putting out a list of whats to come year by year. The complaints because 1 album comes sooner than another...

Prince's estate doesnt even do that. However, they do make hints at whats to come before the official announcement.

It would be lovely if the team would put some kind of hint out! Throw us a friggin bone!

Prince estate drives me nuts. They skipped over Diamonds and Pearls which is the one I really want. They reissue reissues lol

8 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

Prince estate drives me nuts. They skipped over Diamonds and Pearls which is the one I really want. They reissue reissues lol

D&P is still coming! Because of the vinyl / global supply chain delays, that they had to push it back. It's suppose to be coming sometime next year.

Prince has actually had only 1 expanded reissue a year so far huh and he’s got endless albums. 

Purple Rain 2018

1999 - 2019

Sign O The Times - 2020

and had 

Piano and a mic

Originals

Welcome 2 America

as new projects

I know there have been some standard reissues on vinyl like Emacipation / Chaos and disorder / One Nite Stand /Versace experience and a few singles. ( which is what I think we’ll get with MDNA / WTG / GHV2 etc)

Theyve hardly gone balls out and flooded the releases but what they have done is lush. 

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

Madonna will be the first one to drop and hints these days the woman can not keep a secret for love nor money. 

On 12/28/2021 at 11:42 AM, wtg1987 said:

Who knows - MJ filmed a lot of his HIStory shows in 96-97 and never officially released them- im told the BA Wembley is taken from the jumbo screens but once again the person who has it couldnt provide any clips so im doubtful it exists

I'd be surprised if they ever released Wembley as half of it was in the daylight :(

5 hours ago, steady75 said:

Are people expecting more than one album a year? 
Wow. So maybe Like A Prayer and Erotica?

Of course they will release more than 1 album per year, otherwise it would take over a decade to get through this project. My guess is 3 albums each year with 1 of those being a huge box set release. 

I also doubt they will release a schedule of what's to come. I also think EVERY album will be reissued in some form but they obviously won't put too much effort into her flop albums. 

5 hours ago, steady75 said:

Are people expecting more than one album a year? 
Wow. So maybe Like A Prayer and Erotica?

Of course they will release more than 1 album per year, otherwise it would take over a decade to get through this project. My guess is 3 albums each year with 1 of those being a huge box set release. 

I also doubt they will release a schedule of what's to come. I also think EVERY album will be reissued in some form but they obviously won't put too much effort into her flop albums. 

1 minute ago, musicinferno said:

I’d hope they put just as much effort into the flops (she doesn’t really have any) because they need an incentive to shift. 

Pairing American Life with reinvention and Erotica with Girlie Show in that sense would be a smart move. 

37 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I’d hope they put just as much effort into the flops (she doesn’t really have any) because they need an incentive to shift. 

Pairing American Life with reinvention and Erotica with Girlie Show in that sense would be a smart move. 

I agree. I just can't see the putting much effort into her Interscope albums when they finally gain rights to them. And I can't imagine I'm Breathless or even Hard Candy getting a huge box set. 

3 hours ago, ScottyX said:

Diamonds and Pearls is underrated as fuck, definitely one of Prince's most fun and creative albums, I get tired of people just obsessing over Purple Rain when he has literally so many amazing albums.

2 hours ago, Shoful said:

You think we’ll get an announcement in January?

I sure hope so.

The campaign starts in 2022, so maybe they've been waiting for January to announce the first product.

Of course, the unfortunate shortage of vinyl is delaying lots of releases. Maybe that's why we havent heard any news yet.