MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

3 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Imagine if she mashed Candy Shop with Erotica - come into my cage, I've got candy galore, don't pretend you're not hungry I've got plenty to EAT. 

That sounds kinda hot?? The grand canyon has a nice river flowing through it that any man or woman would be lucky to drink.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Also I don't see American life and Hard Candy getting re-issued. The official announcement says "many of her landmark albums". So only the landmark albums (which I'm guessing doesn't include American life and anything after Confessions) and not even all of them. They never said they'll re-issue every album. 

I've thought similar and then the other day I was going through pre-order vinyl on Amazon and all of Prince's earliest (and low selling) albums are up for reissue. I think 3-4 of them all bam, bam, bam around the same time or at the same time. Mariah did the same - didn't Janet Jackson a year or two ago? Even her Japanese only remix album of Control got released. So anything is possible .. 

If you bundled American Life with Re-Invention tour (some version of a video release and live album) - that's quite the appealing box set for a fan. Or not .. I don't think they need to be bundled at all. When I think of George Michael's reissue of Listen Without Prejudice and how they bundled in the unreleased MTV Unplugged - I thought, "what a fucking waste." Listen Without on vinyl was ENOUGH of a release to sell another copy to every hardcore fan and casual vinyl fan. They didn't need to toss MTV Unplugged away like that - it could have been a live video/audio release on its own and it would sell an okay amount for that type of release. More or less the same as what Rebel Heart tour would .. not a lot, but not nothing. That plus, MTV Unplugged had very little to do with LWP .. it made more sense to be bundled with Older if it was going to be bundled with something .. 

47 minutes ago, Jet said:

I thought the two girlie show tracks in hd the other week may have been a hint ?

I initially thought that too…

34 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

I wondered about that too.  An odd choice for a remaster 

Not that strange when back in 2012, Blu-ray.com posted an entry about a girlie show Blu-ray coming out the following year:

https://squaremadonna.wordpress.com/2012/07/25/news-girlie-show-blu-ray/amp/

23 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I initially thought that too…

Not that strange when back in 2012, Blu-ray.com posted an entry about a girlie show Blu-ray coming out the following year:

https://squaremadonna.wordpress.com/2012/07/25/news-girlie-show-blu-ray/amp/

Not strange to remaster but the timing.  Why now?  Maybe Erotica Deluxe Box Set is coming.  

13 hours ago, captainjay said:

I've thought similar and then the other day I was going through pre-order vinyl on Amazon and all of Prince's earliest (and low selling) albums are up for reissue. I think 3-4 of them all bam, bam, bam around the same time or at the same time. Mariah did the same - didn't Janet Jackson a year or two ago? Even her Japanese only remix album of Control got released. So anything is possible .. 

If you bundled American Life with Re-Invention tour (some version of a video release and live album) - that's quite the appealing box set for a fan. Or not .. I don't think they need to be bundled at all. When I think of George Michael's reissue of Listen Without Prejudice and how they bundled in the unreleased MTV Unplugged - I thought, "what a fucking waste." Listen Without on vinyl was ENOUGH of a release to sell another copy to every hardcore fan and casual vinyl fan. They didn't need to toss MTV Unplugged away like that - it could have been a live video/audio release on its own and it would sell an okay amount for that type of release. More or less the same as what Rebel Heart tour would .. not a lot, but not nothing. That plus, MTV Unplugged had very little to do with LWP .. it made more sense to be bundled with Older if it was going to be bundled with something .. 

What they (his estate/Sony) did to Listen Without Prejudice was an art crime akin to burning the Mona Lisa. The iconic original cover replaced with the hideous sunglasses image of him 20 years later. And the inclusion of the MTV Unplugged show to the package would be like adding Madonna's American Life intimate promo gigs to the re-issue of Ray Of Light. I hate them for not taking care of his legacy properly.

18 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Exactly! The only reason she ever started acknowledging us was because Gaga was running around saying stuff about her fans EVERYDAY!

nah she was thanking us on the confessions tour and reinvention tour before gags came along but gags is sickening to her fans - way over the top - madonna is real - i noticed on madame x tour film she called the people there her audience ..did she do this throughout the tour