MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

28 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Exactly! The only reason she ever started acknowledging us was because Gaga was running around saying stuff about her fans EVERYDAY!

not just gags loads of other artists declare love for the fans on a daily basis lol when she says no to that fan on the madame x tour about signing the pic too i think that was mean - does anybody know if she actually ended up signing it ? 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madonna can be an absolute bitch sometimes when it comes to how she treats the fans, I have seen some pretty rude episodes at concerts before. Though to be fair, some of the things that people were saying at the Madame X show I attended were downright horrible and uncalled for, especially the name calling when she would start talking and people wanted her to shut up and play the hits. I guess most of those types are not even real fans and did not know what the show was supposed to be about before they came.

From the blog superdeluxeedition.com

April 2022 and beyond

Now let’s looks ahead to the rest of the year with some featured artists and more reissue summaries, below.

Madonna

Weknow that the long-awaited Madonna reissues will start this year because Warner Music Group and Madonna told us in August 2021. The good news is that this will be a the start of a “multi-year catalog series” (similar wording as was used in 2010 for the start of Paul McCartney’s still running Archive Collection series), but the bad news is that Madge herself will “personally curate” the physical deluxe reissues. When the artist themselves take the reigns, it normally doesn’t end well (hey there, Phil Collins). Hopefully, this is marketing guff and someone who knows what they are doing will be behind the wheel. We were told the first release would be announced “soon” five months ago, so surely we’ll get some news…er, soon. The big question is which album they will start with. SDE readers voted by a large margin for the first album, Madonna, but we’ll have to wait and see. If we’re talking anniversaries, then Erotica is 30 this year, but it’s fair to say that it’s very unlikely that they’d start with that album. Madonna’s debut is 40 in 2023 so could they – would they – hold fire on that album for a further year? If so, then what will happen this year? The first single ‘Everybody’ is 40 in October, but that’s nearly a year away. There was talk of “unique releases for special events” which suggests we may get something for this year’s Record Store Day. Labels do like to start ‘big’ to generate momentum and excitement so one of the ‘Likes’ – “… A Virgin” or “…A Prayer” – is a distinct possibility.

2 minutes ago, milingo83 said:

April 2022 and beyond

Now let’s looks ahead to the rest of the year with some featured artists and more reissue summaries, below.

Madonna

Weknow that the long-awaited Madonna reissues will start this year because Warner Music Group and Madonna told us in August 2021. The good news is that this will be a the start of a “multi-year catalog series” (similar wording as was used in 2010 for the start of Paul McCartney’s still running Archive Collection series), but the bad news is that Madge herself will “personally curate” the physical deluxe reissues. When the artist themselves take the reigns, it normally doesn’t end well (hey there, Phil Collins). Hopefully, this is marketing guff and someone who knows what they are doing will be behind the wheel. We were told the first release would be announced “soon” five months ago, so surely we’ll get some news…er, soon. The big question is which album they will start with. SDE readers voted by a large margin for the first album, Madonna, but we’ll have to wait and see. If we’re talking anniversaries, then Erotica is 30 this year, but it’s fair to say that it’s very unlikely that they’d start with that album. Madonna’s debut is 40 in 2023 so could they – would they – hold fire on that album for a further year? If so, then what will happen this year? The first single ‘Everybody’ is 40 in October, but that’s nearly a year away. There was talk of “unique releases for special events” which suggests we may get something for this year’s Record Store Day. Labels do like to start ‘big’ to generate momentum and excitement so one of the ‘Likes’ – “… A Virgin” or “…A Prayer” – is a distinct possibility.

Still nothing new to the table…

They literally took tidbits from the official announcement press release and addressed each and everyone one of them:

”personally curate”

”anniversaries”

“unique releases for special events”

we knew all that already. Cause we’ve all re-read the announcement 200 times, cause it was posted six months ago

can we just start taking bets as to what’s coming first?

8 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Still nothing new to the table…

They literally took tidbits from the official announcement press release and addressed each and everyone one of them:

”personally curate”

”anniversaries”

“unique releases for special events”

we knew all that already. Cause we’ve all re-read the announcement 200 times, cause it was posted six months ago

can we just start taking bets as to what’s coming first?

Like a Prayer.

17 minutes ago, milingo83 said:

April 2022 and beyond

Madonna

This tells us nothing we have not known forever, I am fucking worried about how Madonna seems to be going into control freak mode with everything from these reissues to the biopic. Time to dustbin the handlers and the paid sex toy of a boyfriend and bring in some real professionals for 2022.

35 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Madonna is known to take her sweet ass time. Between the biopic, recording new music, and these reissues, she's not gonna have much time. I wouldn't be surprise if she delays these re-releases until after the movie if she truly wants to take complete control over this project. 

OMG please no. I mean, what would she do if she had "complete control"? Just say "I want this and that", right? She's not gonna record new material or remaster the tracks herself

2 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

OMG please no. I mean, what would she do if she had "complete control"? Just say "I want this and that", right? She's not gonna record new material or remaster the tracks herself

No way this is gonna be delayed until after the movie, who knows when that thing will be finished.

Doesn’t she have a team working on these too ? All she has to approve it probably artwork and content - if the deal has been in progress for a while she’s probably already listened to the songs etc that will make up the first release-remember she was digging out cassettes and listening to them for the biopic research which makes me think the first album will be the first release out the door and not like a prayer 

Everyone is talking about the biopic itself and the reissues but what I am wondering is if any of this will lead to any special performances for significant dates or for promotional reasons. Stuff like Harlem or on TV? I would not be against some stuff on a show but please no more random performances in public which is always very painful, we got pride and then Harlem so three strikes and your out. 2022 is going to be a very interesting year for sure, lots of surprises and hopefully a reinvention of some kind if the gods are smiling on us. 

Just now, Ziggy Stardust said:

Everyone is talking about the biopic itself and the reissues but what I am wondering is if any of this will lead to any special performances for significant dates or for promotional reasons. Stuff like Harlem? I kinda hope not because that stuff is usually very painful. 2022 is going to be a very interesting year for sure, lots of surprises and hopefully a reinvention of some kind if the gods are smiling on us. 

Promotion would be great for the reissues, at least for the first of the series... Some big interviews and even performances would do wonders for her image and help sales. Also, Warner can secure her good promo slots if she's willing to do it.

Let's see!

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Promotion would be great for the reissues, at least for the first of the series... Some big interviews and even performances would do wonders for her image and help sales. Also, Warner can secure her good promo slots if she's willing to do it.

Let's see!

There is opportunity for sure but she needs to change up her image for maximum effect. I dont want to see possibilities thrown away, that viral Tiktok Remix could have been so much more if she had pounced on it earlier for example.

We're gonna get Like a Prayer (Madonna's Version).... 

All tracks remastered herself (using an iPad) 

Re-worked tracklisting excluding the songs Madonna dislikes 

The Sticky & Sweet remix of LAP replacing the album version

Celebration mix of Express Yourself instead of the album version

Re-recorded vocals for Oh Father with Mirwais producing the track (expect lots of autotune) 

Extended version of Act of Contrition with Madonna still trying to make a reservation in 2022

Brand new album cover with her kids dressed as religious icons 

A bonus VHS with an excerpt from the Blond Ambition Nice footage and a trailer for Truth or Dare 

She's got this! 

5 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

We're gonna get Like a Prayer (Madonna's Version).... 

All tracks remastered herself (using an iPad) 

Re-worked tracklisting excluding the songs Madonna dislikes 

The Sticky & Sweet remix of LAP replacing the album version

Celebration mix of Express Yourself instead of the album version

Re-recorded vocals for Oh Father with Mirwais producing the track (expect lots of autotune) 

Extended version of Act of Contrition with Madonna still trying to make a reservation in 2022

Brand new album cover with her kids dressed as religious icons 

A bonus VHS with an excerpt from the Blond Ambition Nice footage and a trailer for Truth or Dare 

She's got this! 

Hilarious!!!!  :) Don't let her read this, she might feel inspired...

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

I can’t see her performing for a while and judging by her latest ones they won’t do anything to sell the re issues or biopic as they were dreadful imo - especially the boom boom one in nyc ?

the boom boom one didnt bother me so much but the harlem one was poor apart from like a prayer and dark ballet , i just think she is al out of practice  - the fact she was almost falling over because she is not ready for heels yet due to her injury and op didnt help lol i dont like thse little bar performances  - i think they are beneath her - give us a set that is in a living room with just her singing not jumping on tables and pianos