MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, musicinferno said:

We're gonna get Like a Prayer (Madonna's Version).... 

All tracks remastered herself (using an iPad) 

Re-worked tracklisting excluding the songs Madonna dislikes 

The Sticky & Sweet remix of LAP replacing the album version

Celebration mix of Express Yourself instead of the album version

Re-recorded vocals for Oh Father with Mirwais producing the track (expect lots of autotune) 

Extended version of Act of Contrition with Madonna still trying to make a reservation in 2022

Brand new album cover with her kids dressed as religious icons 

A bonus VHS with an excerpt from the Blond Ambition Nice footage and a trailer for Truth or Dare 

She's got this! 

You forgot a love song/candy shop mash up, candy shop has been her most successful song of her entire career 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

15 years ago maybe . I don't think her voice is up to it now sadly. 

she sang well when she sat still on tears of a clown , she just needs practice - lots of it - i think she could do a set but it would not be perfect and if it was streamed live she would be slaughtered by the trolls who even slaughtered her purple rain performance and i thought she sang well ..bastards 

6 hours ago, alvaroliam said:

I'd like an unplugged at some point. A livestream session with a few songs from each album that she's promoting at the moment, and maybe (ocasionally) inviting other singers for a duet here and there.

I love the idea of her doing a tiny desk concert with each album as it's released. Maybe not featuring every album tracks but at least the ones she never performed before or rarely performs. A stripped down performance of Like a Prayer tracks sounds heavenly. 

Yes I’m very much here for the Taylor Swift approach of releasing an old album track as a single in a new version whether that’s re recorded or remixed or what. Gives another chance to some of those amazing missed singles on her albums. 
I’d also like to see missed videos rectified in some official capacity. 
Someone somewhere is working on a face app style version of Angel using AI and the black sand Herb Ritts Hawaii shoot as we speak fingers crossed. Madonnatars. 
The re releases (especially the 80’s) ones need to be fun and recapture that early Madonna energy. The 90’s stuff can be strong, brutal and personal and save the messagey stuff for the 00’s. 

I’m also positive there is stuff that we just don’t know about at all. Abandoned projects and stuff that we might see as little EP’s. This is the most exciting stuff for me personally. 

I just want it to be super fun and a celebration rather than “I’m a warrior I’ve stuck around”. Like… we know that’s why there’s a 40th anniversary edition of your album coming out mom.  

25 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Maybe a retrospective essay could accompany each album with all the bts stuff like how it felt to be in the studio with Nile Rogers and Chic producing Like a Virgin, the thoughts on certain songs not fitting well, how it felt filming her first music video etc

God I’d love that. Behind the music style doc and interview. Not the fluff we usually get. Nile sat with the stems at a desk showing us stuff and recalling memories. A dream. 

9 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Maybe a retrospective essay could accompany each album with all the bts stuff like how it felt to be in the studio with Nile Rogers and Chic producing Like a Virgin, the thoughts on certain songs not fitting well, how it felt filming her first music video etc

I think she said in an interview for Rebel heart that she doesn't really remember the making of each album

3 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I think she said in an interview for Rebel heart does she doesn't really remember the making of each album

I question a lot of what she says i interviews though. I think it's either because she doesn't want to go down that deep a habit hole with the interviewer cause she finds it will take away from subjects she wants to angle in on during the brief press junkets or she likes the audience to have the perspective of her solely focusing on the now and the immediate. She's likely tired of questions about Orbit and Price and the creative process of yesteryear. Though I could see her spending time now there is a purposeful looking back. Artists save stuff for auto blogs and re-releases etc. We know she keeps detailed journals and no doubt stuff is all recorded daily throughout the years. 

On 1/4/2022 at 5:34 PM, milingo83 said:

From the blog superdeluxeedition.com

April 2022 and beyond

Now let’s looks ahead to the rest of the year with some featured artists and more reissue summaries, below.

Madonna

Weknow that the long-awaited Madonna reissues will start this year because Warner Music Group and Madonna told us in August 2021. The good news is that this will be a the start of a “multi-year catalog series” (similar wording as was used in 2010 for the start of Paul McCartney’s still running Archive Collection series), but the bad news is that Madge herself will “personally curate” the physical deluxe reissues. When the artist themselves take the reigns, it normally doesn’t end well (hey there, Phil Collins). Hopefully, this is marketing guff and someone who knows what they are doing will be behind the wheel. We were told the first release would be announced “soon” five months ago, so surely we’ll get some news…er, soon. The big question is which album they will start with. SDE readers voted by a large margin for the first album, Madonna, but we’ll have to wait and see. If we’re talking anniversaries, then Erotica is 30 this year, but it’s fair to say that it’s very unlikely that they’d start with that album. Madonna’s debut is 40 in 2023 so could they – would they – hold fire on that album for a further year? If so, then what will happen this year? The first single ‘Everybody’ is 40 in October, but that’s nearly a year away. There was talk of “unique releases for special events” which suggests we may get something for this year’s Record Store Day. Labels do like to start ‘big’ to generate momentum and excitement so one of the ‘Likes’ – “… A Virgin” or “…A Prayer” – is a distinct possibility.

Assuming this is coming from an insider and not just an assumption - do any of you get the impression that they haven't even started the first project yet? That would be a disaster. 

2 hours ago, beautifulkiller said:

FEATURING ED SHEERAN ?i have a feeling that each reissue may have a oldie but goodie song of hers but is a duet 

These reissue rumors have me scared silly, the mediocre collaborations are bad enough, the last thing we need is a full on campaign to butcher classics like Human Nature.