MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

10 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

It's definitely gonna be a streaming only release. They're all about connecting with new listeners before they go full throttle on the reissue campaign. Those 50 #1s are as follows:

1983, "Holiday"/"Lucky Star" (five weeks at No. 1)
1984, "Like a Virgin" (three)
1985, "Material Girl"
1985, "Angel"/"Into the Groove"
1987, "Open Your Heart"
1987, "Causing a Commotion (Remix)"
1988, "You Can Dance (LP Cuts)"
1989, "Like a Prayer" (two)
1989, "Express Yourself" (three)
1990, "Keep It Together"
1990, "Vogue" (two)
1991, "Justify My Love" (two)
1992, "Erotica"
1993, "Deeper and Deeper"
1993, "Fever"
1994, "Secret" (two)
1995, "Bedtime Story"
1997, "Don't Cry for Me Argentina"
1998, "Frozen" (two)
1998, "Ray of Light" (four)
1999, "Nothing Really Matters" (two)
1999, "Beautiful Stranger" (two)
2000, "American Pie"
2000, "Music" (five)
2001, "Don't Tell Me"
2001, "What It Feels Like for a Girl"
2001, "Impressive Instant" (two)
2002, "Die Another Day" (two)
2003, "American Life"
2003, "Hollywood"
2003, "Me Against the Music," Britney Spears featuring Madonna (two)
2004, "Nothing Fails"
2004, "Love Profusion"
2005, "Hung Up" (four)
2006, "Sorry" (two)
2006, "Get Together"
2006, "Jump" (two)
2008, "4 Minutes," Madonna featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland (two)
2008, "Give It 2 Me"
2009, "Celebration"
2012, "Give Me All Your Luvin'," Madonna featuring Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.
2012, "Girl Gone Wild"
2012, "Turn Up the Radio"
2015, "Living for Love"
2015, "Ghosttown"
2015, "B**** I'm Madonna," Madonna featuring Nicki Minaj
2019, "Medellín," Madonna & Maluma
2019, "I Rise"
2019, "Crave," Madonna & Swae Lee
2020, "I Don't Search I Find"

How did Vogue spend the same number of weeks at #1 as Jump did? I would've thought it would've spent  4 or 5 like Hung Up and Music!

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bet for this release is March-April. Basically the time to finish to rework the songs, and around one month (?) for CDs printing and it's ready to drop (with vynils in preorder and dropping a few months later), I hope it won't get too long, bitch dropped a bomb like this and then said "soon", don't let us wait this time :nope:

8 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

I hadn't read the other multiple threads discussing this before I posted the list. Sorry to be such an inconvenience.

Hey, I appreciated the listing!  And I wouldn't listen to much criticism from the person whose big dream for this announcement is digital unmixed YCD mixes that are relatively easy to find already.  I mean, we all want what we want from the reissues, but...dream bigger, girl!

3 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

Hey, I appreciated the listing!  And I wouldn't listen to much criticism from the person whose big dream for this announcement is digital unmixed YCD mixes that are relatively easy to find already.  I mean, we all want what we want from the reissues, but...dream bigger, girl!

Where exactly are they so easy to find? The unmixed versions are only available on promo vinyl and have never leaked in digital quality….

7 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Where exactly are they so easy to find? The unmixed versions are only available on promo vinyl and have never leaked in digital quality….

Thank you - the unmixed versions are not available digitally - all we have is the alternate CD wav rip of where’s the party unmixed from the route 88 promo cd - the vinyl rip of spotlight unmixed has always sounded distorted ?

On 1/16/2022 at 3:46 PM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

This is just totally fabricated rumor by Mirror not confirmed by any source because Madonna was seen attending the party with Kanye.. All of a sudden, boom, new RnB album article in Mirror

59 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

What tracks did he ruin? Except Wash All Over Me

Wash All Over Me was definitely the worst but Illuminati and others are still tracks that dont require his presence on them at all. I basically see Kanye West as extra baggage that should be discarded, collaborations with him are very hit or miss and usually its a miss for me.

I know I'm in a minority, but I love Kanye. Donda is one of my favorite records of the year, and each time I listen to one of his albums, I always find more meanings and sounds that amaze me.

That said, idk if he really “ruined” WAOM or if Madonna decided to go that route to avoid similarities with the first leaks.

4 hours ago, Prince of Darkness said:

Wash All Over Me was definitely the worst but Illuminati and others are still tracks that dont require his presence on them at all. I basically see Kanye West as extra baggage that should be discarded, collaborations with him are very hit or miss and usually its a miss for me.

Lol Illuminati sounds great compared to the demo. And sex and holy water sound as good as those songs could sound considering how cringey the demos are.

Think what you will of him as a person but his work is very solid and he’s a talented musician.

I’d be curious of a collaboration with him. 

36 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Lol Illuminati sounds great compared to the demo. And sex and holy water sound as good as those songs could sound considering how cringey the demos are.

Think what you will of him as a person but his work is very solid and he’s a talented musician.

I’d be curious of a collaboration with him. 

Kanye is definitely talented, its just that sometimes I dont know how I feel about him with such a strong presence on Madonna albums. Its not like its one track, he is everywhere. Rebel Heart is such a tragedy for me, it starts off very very strong but just runs out of steam the more you go on, several tracks could have been cut and you would be left with a very good album. In spite of that, it is still way better than your average pop album which kinda shows how Madonna is held to a higher standard as the undisputed Queen.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:02 AM, Bjonkers said:

It's definitely gonna be a streaming only release. They're all about connecting with new listeners before they go full throttle on the reissue campaign. Those 50 #1s are as follows:

1983, "Holiday"/"Lucky Star" (five weeks at No. 1)
1984, "Like a Virgin" (three)
1985, "Material Girl"
1985, "Angel"/"Into the Groove"
1987, "Open Your Heart"
1987, "Causing a Commotion (Remix)"
1988, "You Can Dance (LP Cuts)"
1989, "Like a Prayer" (two)
1989, "Express Yourself" (three)
1990, "Keep It Together"
1990, "Vogue" (two)
1991, "Justify My Love" (two)
1992, "Erotica"
1993, "Deeper and Deeper"
1993, "Fever"
1994, "Secret" (two)
1995, "Bedtime Story"
1997, "Don't Cry for Me Argentina"
1998, "Frozen" (two)
1998, "Ray of Light" (four)
1999, "Nothing Really Matters" (two)
1999, "Beautiful Stranger" (two)
2000, "American Pie"
2000, "Music" (five)
2001, "Don't Tell Me"
2001, "What It Feels Like for a Girl"
2001, "Impressive Instant" (two)
2002, "Die Another Day" (two)
2003, "American Life"
2003, "Hollywood"
2003, "Me Against the Music," Britney Spears featuring Madonna (two)
2004, "Nothing Fails"
2004, "Love Profusion"
2005, "Hung Up" (four)
2006, "Sorry" (two)
2006, "Get Together"
2006, "Jump" (two)
2008, "4 Minutes," Madonna featuring Justin Timberlake & Timbaland (two)
2008, "Give It 2 Me"
2009, "Celebration"
2012, "Give Me All Your Luvin'," Madonna featuring Nicki Minaj & M.I.A.
2012, "Girl Gone Wild"
2012, "Turn Up the Radio"
2015, "Living for Love"
2015, "Ghosttown"
2015, "B**** I'm Madonna," Madonna featuring Nicki Minaj
2019, "Medellín," Madonna & Maluma
2019, "I Rise"
2019, "Crave," Madonna & Swae Lee
2020, "I Don't Search I Find"

It's 56 number ones total. Two of the number ones are double (49 + 2), and five You Can Dance tracks (SpotlightEverybodyPhysical AttractionOver and OverWhere's the Party) do not appear elsewhere on the list. If it's strictly 50 songs, six won't make the cut.

5 hours ago, Arckangel said:

It's 56 number ones total. Two of the number ones are double (49 + 2), and five You Can Dance tracks (SpotlightEverybodyPhysical AttractionOver and OverWhere's the Party) do not appear elsewhere on the list. If it's strictly 50 songs, six won't make the cut.

Everyone’s way to literal about this. 
Some of these won’t make the cut and she probably will include Human Nature

30 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Everyone’s way to literal about this. 
Some of these won’t make the cut and she probably will include Human Nature

I mean, she said she is releasing 50 songs, so it would be weird not to follow the actual list. For the You Can Dance tracks, she'll probably just include whatever sounds best together with the other ones, most likely Holiday