MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Semtex1 said:

According to The Sun, Madonna has enlisted Katy Perry to feature on an upcoming album of re- mixes of her best-known tunes.

And it will come ahead of the 40th anniversary of her debut single Everybody in October.

The Sun is full of shit and no one really cares about Katy anymore anyway 

On 2/15/2022 at 7:11 AM, Semtex1 said:

According to The Sun, Madonna has enlisted Katy Perry to feature on an upcoming album of re- mixes of her best-known tunes.

And it will come ahead of the 40th anniversary of her debut single Everybody in October.

Yeah, it's great to post an article without referencing any sources.

100% legit! 

Edited by HC Charge (see edit history)

"The Sun" is a tabloid, yes, but in the last few years some official music press teams have used it to spread upcoming projects. The Spice Girls 2019 tour was first announced there.

"Material Girl" is trending on Tik Tok thanks to this:

The song itself is growing on streaming and it's going to be the new "Frozen" situation, so a remix feat. Katy Perry would be a great way of capitalizing on it. And by the way, Katy fits it PERFECTLY.

5 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"The Sun" is a tabloid, yes, but in the last few years some official music press teams have used it to spread upcoming projects. The Spice Girls 2019 tour was first announced there.

"Material Girl" is trending on Tik Tok thanks to this:

The song itself is growing on streaming and it's going to be the new "Frozen" situation, so a remix feat. Katy Perry would be a great way of capitalizing on it. And by the way, Katy fits it PERFECTLY.

This! Even tho, if M really asked Katy to collab, do you guys think it's because she already saw the song trending, so specifically for a Material Girl remix? Idk I feel like M didn't even notice that yet and Katy might be in literally any other song but that :confused: anyways I'm so excited :hyper:

7 minutes ago, Andreo said:

This! Even tho, if M really asked Katy to collab, do you guys think it's because she already saw the song trending, so specifically for a Material Girl remix? Idk I feel like M didn't even notice that yet and Katy might be in literally any other song but that :confused: anyways I'm so excited :hyper:

But didn't the Katy Perry rumour started a few weeks ago? Or am I wrong? :confused:

And I'm not trying to be bitter but by the time they collab in a Material Girl remix and release it, the trend will be over and dead. These TikTok trends are very ephemeral :Madonna033:

Maybe she's just involved in the remix compilation in other song. Even tho i'm not a fan of her, I rather M to collab with pop stars than rappers.

14 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

But didn't the Katy Perry rumour started a few weeks ago? Or am I wrong? :confused:

Exactly. That's why I think it will not be Material Girl but another song. 

15 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

And I'm not trying to be bitter but by the time they collab in a Material Girl remix and release it, the trend will be over and dead. These TikTok trends are very ephemeral :Madonna033:

Tell that to M, the Frozen trend started in October if I'm not wrong, and if we're lucky the remixes will be out in March, it wouldn't be a surprise if she did the same here:rip:

17 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

Even tho i'm not a fan of her, I rather M to collab with pop stars than rappers.

My point basically (I mean, not really, I'm a huge fan of her) but M x Katy IS undoubtedly an iconic duo and this already justifies this collab and obliterates the last 15 years of feats in M's whole discography, easily iconic 

26 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

It's easy to think that, but they're not. They last. The "Frozen" unofficial (then) remix thing started in September 2021, I think. The official release was in December 2021. Since then, the remix is getting stronger and stronger on streaming. 25M streams in total on Spotify and her getting her monthly listeners peak record so far there: 18,6 M. The trend is not fading, it's actually growing, with 500.000 more streams each day.

It's super smart to use these kind of things, she's getting into Gen Z with her music. Read the comments on the "Frozen" and "Material Girl" videos on YouTube and you can see young people coming from Tik Tok and discovering her music and appreciating it. That's wonderful!

More "Frozen" remixes and maybe a "Material Girl" one now is the way to go. :)

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's easy to think that, but they're not. They last. The "Frozen" unofficial (then) remix thing started in September 2021, I think. The official release was in December 2021. Since then, the remix is getting stronger and stronger on streaming. 25M streams in total on Spotify and her getting her monthly listeners peak record so far there: 18,6 M. The trend is not fading, it's actually growing, with 500.000 more streams each day.

It's super smart to use these kind of things, she's getting into Gen Z with her music. Read the comments on the "Frozen" and "Material Girl" videos on YouTube and you can see young people coming from Tik Tok and discovering her music and appreciating it. That's wonderful!

More "Frozen" remixes and maybe a "Material Girl" one now is the way to go. :)

Well, that is true

rpdr-rpdrs9.gif

We'll see if they do something for Material Girl, maybe this trend will help to get the video a 100m views finally, it's not that far!

Let's be honest here, Madonna couldn't even release Frozen Sickick Remix when the momentum was there on TikTok (and it is already gone). 

I cannot imagine a situation where she notices Material Girl momentum on TikTok all of a sudden. Moreover, acting so fast and calling Katty Perry to do a duet. 

TikTokers will forget both MG and Frozen Sickick even exist when that Remix Project will finally see the light of this world.