MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

33 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Like A Prayer Into The Groove and Everybody were polished no? 

Still cannot believe what a mess Celebration was. I don’t hate the project and quite like the focus on immaculate plus and lack of ballads but Give It 2 Me and Deeper & Deeper were utterly robbed. 
unforgivable especially the later. 
that near 6+ minute version of Holiday… no maaam.

In general, "Celebration" was a disaster. But greatest hits are for the general public, no the fans, and general public don't usually care about those things - they just want the hit songs.

There's a couple of excellent remasters, like "Lucky Star" and "Borderline" (wonder if they actually did them from the original Immaculate Collection multitracks?) but in general is a compressed, loud mess. "Into The Groove" could be worse, but it's super loud, "Everybody" is a new edit made from the 2001 remastered album, some other tracks like "Papa Don't Preach" are remastered from an already bad remaster (the 2001 "True Blue" album), I mean... it's not good.

Don't get me started on "Music", the new "Express Yourself" edit, etc. etc.

Plus, "Like A Prayer" is a slower version/transfer than the original album track (still can't understand why, remember they were going to use the "Immaculate" version but fans complained to Guy Oseary on Twitter and they changed to the album version, but maybe used a music video transfer or something? I don't know) and now is the main streamed version on Spotify.

The difference in speed between the original and the "Celebration" is very subtle but still noticeable. The "Celebration" version is slower and loses part of the punch from the original.

"Celebration" version:

Original Album Version:

I hate that and if you read my comments here I'm always quite positive about almost everything Madonna related. :lol:

I'd rather wait YEARS for the new album reissues and having proper remasters that having another "Celebration" half-assed type of affair, really.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/21/2022 at 5:40 AM, wtg1987 said:

I think we need to forget the abortion that was celebration - maybe M just didn’t care as she was on tour when it was put together ? ??

I am sure that Celebration was all the record company insisting on a release and M not having time for it.  It would have been better with a third disc.  80's, 90's and 2000's.   

1 hour ago, Sultrysully said:

I am sure that Celebration was all the record company insisting on a release and M not having time for it.  It would have been better with a third disc.  80's, 90's and 2000's.   

She could have dumped a remix collection or demos but no that’s too much thinking for an artist then 25 year legacy ?

6 hours ago, deathproof said:

The Interscope albums arnt even in Warners hands yet. This doesn’t look Iike it’s part of the Warner re-release plan

Maybe this is all Warner can release? Because Interscope has the rights to the album, but Madonna has the rights to the artwork? So they can release the sleeve but not the album

2 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Maybe this is all Warner can release? Because Interscope has the rights to the album, but Madonna has the rights to the artwork? So they can release the sleeve but not the album

Warner can’t but Interscope could repress the album and make a nice chunk of money before it goes to Interscope.

Unless the Warner contract prevents them from making any releases as well

On 3/27/2022 at 3:17 AM, Fabiolous said:

Interscope don't own the rights, only the distribution until 2024, the rights belongs to Madonna (that's why from 2025 all the Interscope era will be under the Warner umbrella).