MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, lucerto said:

Mmm interesting! But I guess it's just a regular reissue/reprint, right? Surely it can't be the proper reissue or remastered thing cause it's in 10 days and nothing has been officially announced yet.

24 minutes ago, lucerto said:

That hideously overpriced vinyl is not part of the reissue program.

The first reissue will be announced with a big fanfare a couple of months before the release, and with links to her official store so we all can pre-order stuff there. T-shirts, pillows... You know.

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

Warner just announced this:

SQkiWzQND.jpg

Purple Rain Tour with the COMPLETE live audio on 3 LPS, 2 CDs, and a newly remastered Blu-ray. All for $119.

If only they do something like this for all Madonna's reissues, I would gladly pay top dollar. 

The Prince estate has been releasing the most magnificent stuff lately, Madonna needs new manager I think. That being said, I am sick of nothing but Purple Rain releases.

Just now, Skyline Pigeon said:

The Prince estate has been releasing the most magnificent stuff lately, Madonna needs new manager I think.

Or she simply needs to butt out and let a team of talented people put all these together. I can't help but blame her for delays as she works so slowly. 

This new Prince release is been criticized by his fans cause it was already released on digital by Warner some years ago, the video version too, so it's nothing new... just "remastered" and with nice packaging.

Fans expected another expanded Deluxe edition of an album with unreleased stuff, etc... but they're getting the same old material aimed to grab some general public money too.

So every fandom has their own battles.

Also, seems like Emily is doing upscales for Prince material now too:

:smile: I'm happy for her!

1 hour ago, musicinferno said:

Warner just announced this:

SQkiWzQND.jpg

Purple Rain Tour with the COMPLETE live audio on 3 LPS, 2 CDs, and a newly remastered Blu-ray. All for $119.

If only they do something like this for all Madonna's reissues, I would gladly pay top dollar. 

wtf. Where is Diamond & Pearls?!?!?!?

1 hour ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

As a Prince fan I am getting fucking tired of these endless Purple Rain releases, does the estate realize he has tons of other amazing albums.

Me too - I was hoping for anything but another purple rain release seeing as he has about half a dozen other tours yet to receive a release ? What with M flogging her dead horse of frozen remixes still and no other news I’ve given up with Prince and Madonna and Warner’s can suck my wallet ?

Prince Estate made a huge mistake going to Sony. The 2022 pressing of his albums are overpriced, xeroxed sleeves and no remaster. Thankfully Warner will still be able to release Parade as it's a soundtrack but the vault material will probably be not as rich as on the superb 1999 & SOTT deluxe versions released by Warner. I wonder if Troy Carter is still in charge of curating the Vault now that Warner lost the rights to the catalogue.