MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

1 hour ago, ScottyX said:

Exactly.  The one reissue I have been longing for. They keep skipping over it.  There was talk of it coming this year but who knows. I have an original pressing of the record but I want something deluxe lol

Same here. I want a proper deluxe edition of Diamonds & Pearls.

Never understood all the fans moaning like they're being forced to buy every release. The record companies are there to make money after all. The more they make, the more they'll release. Simples.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, BringUrLUV said:

It's April & still no word on the remix album that the cover was already chosen supposedly. No news on it even.

Still nothing on the re-issues.  

Just reductive tik tok remixes.

I'm bored lol

I think the reissues will start from the 40th anniversary of Everybody, first week of October to be exact. 

On 3/21/2022 at 6:55 PM, steady75 said:

Still cannot believe what a mess Celebration was. I don’t hate the project and quite like the focus on immaculate plus and lack of ballads but Give It 2 Me and Deeper & Deeper were utterly robbed. 
unforgivable especially the later. 
that near 6+ minute version of Holiday… no maaam.

And let's pray Celebration will be deleted and NEVER be reissued again in any form such as LP or CD since her fans hate it so much!

* Praying hard *

8 hours ago, Andreo said:

Celebration might be messy and imperfect but let's not act as if it's still not a great 'best of' of her catalogue and a fun collection overall -_- honestly I love it, despite the missed hits and the remastering issue, idc! 

Every fan base hate the best of albums by their fav. It's never the right setlist, there's always a butcher job in remaking a single edit, the cover is never right, the mixes are never right. I hated the Immaculate Collection cover and mixes for years, never bought GHV2.

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

Every fan base hate the best of albums by their fav. It's never the right setlist, there's always a butcher job in remaking a single edit, the cover is never right, the mixes are never right. I hated the Immaculate Collection cover and mixes for years, never bought GHV2.

What is with all the hate for her Greatest Hits albums lol

3 hours ago, drunkby6 said:

What is with all the hate for her Greatest Hits albums lol

Because we all love Madonna for different songs, pics, etc...and a greatest hits could never cover her career the way each fan sees it.  (and Celebration had technical mistakes on top of it all).

Because greatest hits are like Frozen remixes, they are not made for the fans ^^

15 hours ago, Andreo said:

Celebration might be messy and imperfect but let's not act as if it's still not a great 'best of' of her catalogue and a fun collection overall -_- honestly I love it, despite the missed hits and the remastering issue, idc! 

Celebration sucks! God awful and easily avoidable mastering issues, shockingly incompetent promotion, bad lead single and missed opportunities to include tracks that should have been on there. Only thing thats decent is the cover. My celebration vinyl has been collecting dust in a place I am currently unaware of just like it deserves. Quality control on the wretched thing is a disgrace, Madonna herself did not give a fuck about Celebration and left everything up to the dodo birds that make up her team. The "wonderful" quality and "creative genius" of the Celebration music video should tell you all you need to know.

7 hours ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

shockingly incompetent promotion

Actually Warner's promotion for "Celebration" was very good. All the effort they didn't put on the actual music and mastering was put on marketing. The compilation was everywhere on release date, lots of billboards and ads around the world.

They even convinced her to do ACTUAL promo, she did an interview with Rolling Stone about her career (quite revealing and surprising at the time, she didn't look back very often) and also TV slots like David Letterman and some other interviews.

Promotion was good, the product not that much (not the actual songs, of course).

17 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I guess it all hinges when M is bored with frozen - at this rate we could get nothing this year :((

I don’t think the release date is totally up to her. I assume the release of reissues as opposed to new material and new remixes would be up to Warner. Record companies do like to launch major projects in the fall.