MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else think Interscope might cash in on the hype from the Warner reissues? I mean - they already threw a curve ball with RHT vinyl and they can technically release anything from MDNA to Madame X to cash in as much as they possibly can until 2026. 

Not that I'm mad about it, cause I would buy any live or deluxe album they throw our way in the next few years. 

52 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Does anyone else think Interscope might cash in on the hype from the Warner reissues? I mean - they already threw a curve ball with RHT vinyl and they can technically release anything from MDNA to Madame X to cash in as much as they possibly can until 2026. 

Not that I'm mad about it, cause I would buy any live or deluxe album they throw our way in the next few years. 

I actually think they can’t.

Im pretty sure they would have reissued MDNA for their 30th anniversary reissues. Or at least for the albums 10th anniversary instead of just a sleeve

9 hours ago, musicinferno said:

I'm pretty sure they still have warehouses full of the 3 albums she gave them, so they could start with shifting a few of those!

As mentioned already, she only licensed those albums to Interscope, so they can only sell what she delivered to them, and they already did multiple versions of each of them so I can't see much of a financial incentive from their point of view. 

When she gets the licensing rights back in a few years, I'm sure she'll do something interesting with their reissues.

26 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

I'm pretty sure they still have warehouses full of the 3 albums she gave them, so they could start with shifting a few of those!

As mentioned already, she only licensed those albums to Interscope, so they can only sell what she delivered to them, and they already did multiple versions of each of them so I can't see much of a financial incentive from their point of view. 

When she gets the licensing rights back in a few years, I'm sure she'll do something interesting with their reissues.

By the time she gets round to announcing the re-issues I’ll probably be dead 🥺😭

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

The first physical release is the Who's That Girl (Super Club Mix) next week for RSD 

sorry that doesnt count in my book - its not a box set and all the material in it has been released before - i seriously doubt she "curated " this release seeing as she despises the whole wtg era especially the movie (Which i love )

15 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Exactly- she is so out of touch with what her die hard fans want 🥺

You shouldn’t say things like that you’ll be accused of not moving with times, not supporting the fact she’s now a streaming artist. Us older ancient fans just don’t understand Modern Madonna we are old and we not allowed to embrace her legacy talk about it or celebrate it. 

we should only talk about TikTok and the 1000th frozen remix 

It's true that is taking "long" (for us fans anyway) but we could be facing different scenarios here:

- A change of plans due to the "Frozen" remix success. Let's admit it: it's the closest thing to a hit she's had in years. Maybe the reissue of "Ray Of Light" wasn't planned yet but "Frozen" remix changed it all and now they're on it.

- The 50 Dance #1s release. Actually this could be a good way to "reintroduce" Madonna as the popular "hitmaker" and then roll on the reissues later.

- The fact that she is personally curating the deluxe editions.

- Manufacturing plants delays.

- A first multi-album release. If the first one is a box with more than an album, that's a lot of work.

- Dates: we know she's all into that. The new Warner deal was announced on her birthday last year. Maybe she or they want the first release to be in October 2022 to make it 40 years since the first single.

We'll see...

It's true that is taking "long" (for us fans anyway) but we could be facing different scenarios here:
- A change of plans due to the "Frozen" remix success. Let's admit it: it's the closest thing to a hit she's had in years. Maybe the reissue of "Ray Of Light" wasn't planned yet but "Frozen" remix changed it all and now they're on it.
- The 50 Dance #1s release. Actually this could be a good way to "reintroduce" Madonna as the popular "hitmaker" and then roll on the reissues later.
- The fact that she is personally curating the deluxe editions.
- Manufacturing plants delays.
- A first multi-album release. If the first one is a box with more than an album, that's a lot of work.
- Dates: we know she's all into that. The new Warner deal was announced on her birthday last year. Maybe she or they want the first release to be in October 2022 to make it 40 years since the first single.
We'll see...

You speak a lot of sense.

2 hours ago, Jet said:

When is it 40 years since she actually signed with sire/Warner records? Must be before October?

I was always under the impression she was only signed for 2 singles initially, Ain't no big deal and Everybody. Ain't no big deal got replaced with Burning Up after Everybody did well and then she signed properly for the album. I might be remembering wrong though. 

25 minutes ago, drunkby6 said:

I was always under the impression she was only signed for 2 singles initially, Ain't no big deal and Everybody. Ain't no big deal got replaced with Burning Up after Everybody did well and then she signed properly for the album. I might be remembering wrong though. 

This is correct. Seymour Stein talks about it here (he talks about 3 singles, not 2, though):

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/how-i-met-madonna-by-seymour-stein-the-man-who-signed-her-book-excerpt-1202846755/

Mid-1982 (May-June-July 1982?):

The deal we agreed to was modest: Madonna would get an advance of $15,000 per single, for a total of three singles, with an option for an album. On top of that, there was an additional publishing deal by which she’d get a $2,500 advance for every song she wrote.

It's true that "Ain't No Big Deal" was the song that got her the contract, it was going to be the first single, but they were not satisfied with the production when they got into the official proper studio recording. That's why they went with "Everybody".

So maybe Stein talking about 3 singles is: "Ain't No Big Deal", "Everybody", "Burning Up" or the double A-side "Burning Up/Physical Attraction" was considered 2 singles.

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

This is correct. Seymour Stein talks about it here (he talks about 3 singles, not 2, though):

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/how-i-met-madonna-by-seymour-stein-the-man-who-signed-her-book-excerpt-1202846755/

Mid-1982 (May-June-July 1982?):

The deal we agreed to was modest: Madonna would get an advance of $15,000 per single, for a total of three singles, with an option for an album. On top of that, there was an additional publishing deal by which she’d get a $2,500 advance for every song she wrote.

It's true that "Ain't No Big Deal" was the song that got her the contract, it was going to be the first single, but they were not satisfied with the production when they got into the official proper studio recording. That's why they went with "Everybody".

So maybe Stein talking about 3 singles is: "Ain't No Big Deal", "Everybody", "Burning Up" or the double A-side "Burning Up/Physical Attraction" was considered 2 singles.

Wow, imagine her going from sleeping on top of cock roaches and taking sponge baths in ice cold sinks to getting a $15,000 advance. She must have felt like she hit the jackpot.