MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

This is correct. Seymour Stein talks about it here (he talks about 3 singles, not 2, though):

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/how-i-met-madonna-by-seymour-stein-the-man-who-signed-her-book-excerpt-1202846755/

Mid-1982 (May-June-July 1982?):

The deal we agreed to was modest: Madonna would get an advance of $15,000 per single, for a total of three singles, with an option for an album. On top of that, there was an additional publishing deal by which she’d get a $2,500 advance for every song she wrote.

It's true that "Ain't No Big Deal" was the song that got her the contract, it was going to be the first single, but they were not satisfied with the production when they got into the official proper studio recording. That's why they went with "Everybody".

So maybe Stein talking about 3 singles is: "Ain't No Big Deal", "Everybody", "Burning Up" or the double A-side "Burning Up/Physical Attraction" was considered 2 singles.

But surely the workings of this deal changed in the process, as she was given the green light to work on the album before the 2nd single is released

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Wow, imagine her going from sleeping on top of cock roaches and taking sponge baths in ice cold sinks to getting a $15,000 advance. She must have felt like she hit the jackpot. 

I bet the first thing she did was buy a bag of cheetos

image.jpeg.6e07109b3963859cf18122a53e091d0e.jpeg

22 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

The first physical release is the Who's That Girl (Super Club Mix) next week for RSD 

Yes, it was announced six months after the press release. Six months is not #soon, and that's why people are moaning about it.

I am, however, very excited about Madonna's return to RSD, and this maxi-single.

Like I said... somewhere: They'll hopefully announce something exciting after RSD. :) A Super Deluxe Edition or something yummie like that. :)

1 hour ago, Celebration said:

Yes, it was announced six months after the press release. Six months is not #soon, and that's why people are moaning about it.

I am, however, very excited about Madonna's return to RSD, and this maxi-single.

Like I said... somewhere: They'll hopefully announce something exciting after RSD. :) A Super Deluxe Edition or something yummie like that. :)

It takes 6 months prepare vinyl now - hence the Universal licensed RHT vinyl is pre ordering now for September etc 

22 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I searched Kevin Gore (The person at warner who is looking after this project) and he is on LinkedIn but sadly i cant message him to ask him what the friggin delay is on this campaign as its been far too long ...

I'm a premium member, I could message him. I found him and opened a message to him and it will work - but what are the chances he'll be able to respond? He's going to be tight lipped - not likely to reply to a fan .. 

6 minutes ago, captainjay said:

I'm a premium member, I could message him. I found him and opened a message to him and it will work - but what are the chances he'll be able to respond? He's going to be tight lipped - not likely to reply to a fan .. 

yeah he probably cant say anything about it but it cant hurt to ask him - i would ask :

whats the first planned release and are they doing this in chronilogical order or based on best selling albums first ?

are we getting the demos from the 80s especially the LAP and warning signs ?

is her videography planned on being remastered from the original reels ?

i doubt he will reply though :(( 

1 hour ago, GregVsMatt said:

It takes 6 months prepare vinyl now - hence the Universal licensed RHT vinyl is pre ordering now for September etc 

I know, but they must have been working on this huge project for at least two-three years, there have been hints, and have had plenty of time to have everything prepared in good time.

21 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

yeah he probably cant say anything about it but it cant hurt to ask him - i would ask :

whats the first planned release and are they doing this in chronilogical order or based on best selling albums first ?

are we getting the demos from the 80s especially the LAP and warning signs ?

is her videography planned on being remastered from the original reels ?

i doubt he will reply though :(( 

sounds good. I'll ask - you're right - there's no harm in asking. but I also don't think he'll reply. I'm asking him now. 

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Yeah but releases can be planned and not announced till closer to the release date. I understand that booking vinyl warehouses in advance are essential so for all we know they're working on the first reissue right now for later this year. 

I'd expect that the details and mock up photos of the first sets will be announced when the pre-orders go live, about 2 months before release date so they can do the relevant promo. There's a hell of a lot of releases to be covered in 3 years so once it starts it's going to be relentless. We already know that MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X all join the ranks at the end of the three years so that makes me suspect they might go with multiple releases at a time. Deluxe editions of Madonna, Like A Virgin and True Blue would be my launch line up prediction.

6 hours ago, drunkby6 said:

I'd expect that the details and mock up photos of the first sets will be announced when the pre-orders go live, about 2 months before release date so they can do the relevant promo. There's a hell of a lot of releases to be covered in 3 years so once it starts it's going to be relentless. We already know that MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X all join the ranks at the end of the three years so that makes me suspect they might go with multiple releases at a time. Deluxe editions of Madonna, Like A Virgin and True Blue would be my launch line up prediction.

Most physical releases these days are announced for preorder 4 to 6 month in advance. 
At this point we can’t really expect pro have one of these in our hands earlier than august. 
And comprehensive box sets like most of us hope for are being released one at the time one or two a year. Since most people won’t spend hundreds of $$$ on multiple back to back. Unless they decide to group a few albums in one box set. 

29 minutes ago, drunkby6 said:

Where do people keep getting the idea these will start in August, the blurb from the announcement literally says "to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Everybody", that's October. 

This was the blurb:

"2022 will mark the  40th anniversary of Madonna’s recording debut"

4 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Most physical releases these days are announced for preorder 4 to 6 month in advance. 

If this is true, and we are going with the October first release, we should be having an announcement between now and june

which is strange since the remix project and the first re-release would be both within 6 months

To me it all feels weird . I thought the frozen remixes would kickstart the remix compilation campaign which it obviously didn’t (unless the swae lee remix is used for that)

I don’t know. The dates don’t add up IMO. Maybe something happened and something got delayed and messed up the release chrono. Or maybe I’m not seeing something and hopefully it will all make sense #soon

Edited by Diieeego (see edit history)