MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

On 4/15/2022 at 2:32 PM, Bjonkers said:

Why so salty? You can't compare apples with oranges in a lame attempt to make a point. There is no "as if". They literally don't compare.

Sure we can make a comparison! Depeche Mode has been around since the early 80s; they have released 14 studio albums, they were signed to Sire Records for some time, and they haven't had a recognizable global hit in ages. The most important difference? They have treated their back catalogue with a lot of enthusiasm and attention to detail. Their boxsets series are just another way to keep fans and new fans alike excited about their work and they have been doing it since, at least, the mid 2000s. Why Madonna hasn't paid respect to her back catalogue is beyond your criticism of my opinion or mine about yours. It's been 8 freaking months since madonna.com announced the new project. People move on, you know? And Madonna is once again LATE.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, madgefan said:

Sure we can make a comparison! Depeche Mode has been around since the early 80s; they have released 14 studio albums, they were signed to Sire Records for some time, and they haven't had a recognizable global hit in ages. The most important difference? They have treated their back catalogue with a lot of enthusiasm and attention to detail. Their boxsets series are just another way to keep fans and new fans alike excited about their work and they have been doing it since, at least, the mid 2000s. Why Madonna hasn't paid respect to her back catalogue is beyond your criticism of my opinion or mine about yours. It's been 8 freaking months since madonna.com announced the new project. People move on, you know? And Madonna is once again LATE.

Zzzzzzzzzz. Stop twisting the topic. You didn't compare the two artists in your original post, you compared a singles boxset to a digital only release, for which you can't compare. They serve different purposes. One is to increase streaming numbers, one is to give fans a collectible item. You got salty when someone suggested the singles boxset was "basic" and lashed out at M's recent digital releases. Nothing particularly ground breaking about a 20th anniversary singles boxset, so why you're in such a flap seems strange to me.

Madonna's not late for anything. She runs her own career at her own pace and if that doesn't suit your time frame, then that's on you. Her reissues will come when they're ready.

7 hours ago, madgefan said:

Now that is the perfect way to describe the state Madonna's career is right now.

Oh no, wait. You seem to be one of the 3 fans who still feel like justifying every single mediocre decision she's done in the last few years🙂

You are obviously here just to kill every piece of enjoyment of any Madonna fan. 

I don't agree with a lot of her decisions as well and I wish her career would be more relevant in 2022, but I don't blame people who still enjoy what she is doing. What do you expect when coming to Madonna forum? 3 people who like her and rest hating her? Everyone praising you how amazing you are telling fans about mediocrity of her records? 

Completely fine if you don't like her anymore and think she only did absolute atrocious decisions in the last few years. Just don't mock others. 

5 hours ago, madgefan said:

Now that is the perfect way to describe the state Madonna's career is right now.

Oh no, wait. You seem to be one of the 3 fans who still feel like justifying every single mediocre decision she's done in the last few years🙂

As a music biz professional for 20 years, I'm far from the blind stan you assume me to be. It's just lateral perspective actually. What you consider to be mediocre decisions, are usually well placed business decisions - whether you agree with them or not, whether you understand them or not. Things go on in the background all the time which influence the pace of things that people don't see. Sometimes it's a timing thing, sometimes financial, sometimes for personal reasons. Particularly at the 40 year mark in someone's career where she is undoubtedly catching up with the speed of industry changes these days, but she also has a large family, a large entourage, multiple properties to oversee etc etc. You can't turn a heavy cargo ship around in 1 turn of the wheel without causing damage, but overall her team have made great strides since the tide changed in 2020.

She'll have her hugely successful victory lap in due course. It's coming. But if you think that building her streaming profile is a mediocre decision then your focus is too narrow.

9 hours ago, madgefan said:

She's been doing this for 40 years, released more hits than everyone else, done 11 iconic tours and broken every record in the book. 

She doesn't owe us anything. If you're bored, go and check other artists. Why waste so much time and making over 9 thousand posts on a forum that stans someone that bores you?

4 hours ago, HC Charge said:

You are obviously here just to kill every piece of enjoyment of any Madonna fan. 

Everyone praising you how amazing you are telling fans about mediocrity of her records? 

Completely fine if you don't like her anymore and think she only did absolute atrocious decisions in the last few years. Just don't mock others. 

No, no, and no :lol:

2 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

She doesn't owe us anything. If you're bored, go and check other artists. Why waste so much time and making over 9 thousand posts on a forum that stans someone that bores you?

Agree with your first sentence, that's totally true. I've been here since the very beginning, 2011 or 2012, then 2014 onwards. Problem?

Since when stanning someone you like means justifying all their stupid career moves?

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

Where was this ever confirmed? Shouldn’t it have a Warner Records logo on it?

Exactly. All the other Warner records I got except this have it. This is as much part of the deal as the other RSD releases were.

Now the question is are we gonna get it on digital too?

5 hours ago, deathproof said:

Where was this ever confirmed? Shouldn’t it have a Warner Records logo on it?

It's confirmed by the fact that Warner / Rhino were able to alter the artwork and track list of a M release. It's the first anniversary release under the new deal for the 35th anniversary of Who's That Girl 

Until the new deal Warner / Rhino could only change the colour of the vinyl hence they chose interesting international pressings for RSD to repress on coloured vinyl etc

Also Rhino manage the catalogue so likely their label will appear on all the future catalogue releases

5 hours ago, ScottyX said:

I still think the RSD thing was planned before the deal considering how long artists and record labels have to order wax in advance.

No because before the deal they could not have produced this bespoke RSD release

The deal was announced in August 2021 which is plenty of time for Warner to design the RSD release, get M's appproval and produce it in 10 months