MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And this from the Warner catalogue press release:

Guy Oseary said: Over the past 30 years, I’ve been fortunate enough to meet and spend time with many of Madonna’s incredible fans, and this new partnership will bring to fruition what so many of them have been patiently waiting for: a celebration of her groundbreaking catalogue. My partner Sara Zambreno and I are working closely with Warner Music Group to bring new life to these iconic works.”

22 minutes ago, Roy said:

Which we still hope that the full Paris shows shot in beautiful 35mm film will come up soon. 

That would be amazing but her and Alek have been saying for a long time now that footage is either lost or it wasn’t filmed ( depending on whom you believe) 🥺 it would just be nice to get some kind of update- anything is better than total silence imo - I’m so bored of these cruddy frozen remixes which lets be honest hasn’t exactly enticed fans back in their droves 🙄

2 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

That would be amazing but her and Alek have been saying for a long time now that footage is either lost or it wasn’t filmed ( depending on whom you believe) 🥺 it would just be nice to get some kind of update- anything is better than total silence imo - I’m so bored of these cruddy frozen remixes which lets be honest hasn’t exactly enticed fans back in their droves 🙄

I guess those film reels she showed to us are just the film reels for the final cut of ToD.

Pain. Just pain. :drama:

4 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Guy and Sara know exactly what the fans want and  M also knows what the fans want - she just mostly says no.

Then how come we didn’t get any updates on these reissues. I seriously doubts Madonna herself has any opinion about keeping us updated. And it’s hard for me to believe he can’t get through to her that it’s a bad decision to promote that remix compilation daily and then go completely silent. 
Come on, let’s be serious. At this point Guy is one of the most influential people in the music industry and has more leverage on her than anyone else in her entourage since  the last thing she wants is for him to walk out on her. 
If he had any interest to turn things around he could push her more. 

4 hours ago, MattyMads said:

Exactly Guy and Madonna are fully aware want we want we've been asking for Blond Ambition and RIT for years, Guy even spoke to Fans at certain shows about these topics.

And that just proves my point. I think those were the only topics that were “unofficially” addressed by her current management and by Madonna herself.

Alec’s comments on Blond Ambition Paris filming only certain numbers has always felt off to me. 

It’s a live tour documentary there’s no way they could possible have known which numbers would have related to the material or subject matters the real life situations threw up. The whole project was a post film creation, you can’t have a story board for that kind of thing really. We know some bits were semi scripted and certain visits were planned but the film was largely a loose held / as it happened creation.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Alec’s comments on Blond Ambition Paris filming only certain numbers has always felt off to me. 

It’s a live tour documentary there’s no way they could possible have known which numbers would have related to the material or subject matters the real life situations threw up. The whole project was a post film creation, you can’t have a story board for that kind of thing really. We know some bits were semi scripted and certain visits were planned but the film was largely a loose held / as it happened creation.

Mmmm maybe they did. Or she knew clearly which numbers she wanted to be filmed.

I don't know. If that tour is ever officially released now it will be an upscaled version of the HBO France broadcast and we will deal.

5 hours ago, steady75 said:

Yes but probably by the time they were in France they had a pretty good idea of what they don’t want filmed. After all that show is full of filler. 
And I also suspect they had some stuff filmed in other dates as well.

I’d be perfectly happy if I got the full Express yourself and LAV+LAP

9 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Didn't Guy also say we would get the songs from S&S 2009 that were filmed as well LOL

Yup, I remember his bullshit excuse of "we're trying to think of a way to get it to fans." Like - YouTube is RIGHT there! 

Guy sucks. He's so out of touch 

9 hours ago, deathproof said:

I don’t know why they would have an issue with MJ’s music when that tour contained like 100+ samples, and I don’t recall anything getting cut from the dvd 

Probably cause he died recently and his estate was in a transitional phase at the time. Or they asked for a ton of money for a video release.
Didn’t the same thing happened with Love Don’t Live Here Anymore?

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

Probably cause he died recently and his estate was in a transitional phase at the time. Or they asked for a ton of money for a video release.
Didn’t the same thing happened with Love Don’t Live Here Anymore?

I don’t get how she is allowed to perform it over a 100 shows but can’t have it on the dvd ??

Anyone can perform a cover of another person's song in a live setting. The writers of the song receive a performance royalty. Filing a setlist with the relevant authority in each country is one of the jobs of a tour manager.

However, to release a an altered recording of someone else's song requires legal permission. In the case of LDLHA, it wasn't a straight up recording of the performance it was intermixed with Heartbreak City which meant they would have had to negotiate who got what percentage of the song... Clearly a % cut wasn't agreed amongst the lawyers.

The 2009 MJ medley thing is slightly different in that they did a mash up of the original MJ recordings of the songs which would have been a nightmare to untangle legally and divvy up, so I guess they just left it.