MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

The whole thing with rights is bull crap to me for 2 reasons :

m is worth over £700 million so surely she can afford 

what about these songs which all featured on previous tours 

billie Jean ( VT)

I can’t help myself and Perry mason theme (wtg tour)

family affair ( BA)

just my imagination/ everybody is star (GS) 

the list goes on for other tours ….

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

billie Jean ( VT)

family affair ( BA)

I think M is tight with money - and it’s probably a project by project cost analysis- so for the S&S DVD - they might have considered the revenue they’d get from sales vs the cost of licenses - if it didn’t work - they would cut the tracks or samples - 

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

billie Jean ( VT)

family affair ( BA)

She can afford lots of things but she’s also stingy. 
Probably she got better licensing deals for the other songs or at the time she cared more about having them included than the financial aspect.

Also The Virgin Tour was 25 years prior and Michael Jackson’s estate was handled differently than in 2009. And to top it all off she was managed by Freddy that used to manage Michael and was close friends with Quincey Jones

50 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Is this stuff still happening?

Who knows at this point- some say it’s delayed because of record plant delays , some say nothing is coming until October , who knows if another song will be revived on tiktok . At this point I would like ANYTHING announced !!! 

7 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

You would think with delays at record plants that these labels would open up new ones. Hell, itty bitty company Vinyl Me Please just announced they're opening up their own plant soon. 

Either way, I still have high doubts anything big will be released this year. 

And apparently it's a fair sized plant. Looking forward to their releases. So far I have enjoyed them.

34 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

How much notice do vinyl companies need for artists to announce pre orders for albums? Harry Styles' new album was announced for pre order on April 1st and is releasing on May 20th

🤔

It's like anything else. You book production and then you can determine delivery etas. I'm a buyer and I book production in China/India/Turkey/France all the time. 

You just book it once you have the product selected and go from there. Either they have nothing ready to produce, or to book production, or it's all in motion and they're going to surprise us. 

5 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

How much notice do vinyl companies need for artists to announce pre orders for albums? Harry Styles' new album was announced for pre order on April 1st and is releasing on May 20th

🤔

It doesn't work like that. Record companies have "slots" on the (super busy now) vinyl manufacturing plants and depending on the releases they give priority to some of their artists or others. Harry Styles of course is high priority at the moment, so he's gonna have a slot anyway. But Madonna or any other legacy release... can definitely wait if there are new releases on the way. George Michael's "Older" reissue was delayed last year because of that.

Whenever we get an eventual announcement and a pre-order, the actual plan and even the actual manufacturing is going to be going on from earlier.

5 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It doesn't work like that. Record companies have "slots" on the (super busy now) vinyl manufacturing plants and depending on the releases they give priority to some of their artists or others. Harry Styles of course is high priority at the moment, so he's gonna have a slot anyway. But Madonna or any other legacy release... can definitely wait if there are new releases on the way. George Michael's "Older" reissue was delayed last year because of that.

Whenever we get an eventual announcement and a pre-order, the actual plan and even the actual manufacturing is going to be going on from earlier.

Thank you for explaining

23 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Is this stuff still happening?

Yes. The first presale is supposed to happen in August according to a record store owner. 
It was probably delayed because there’s very few pressing plants and they’ve been under a huge strain from covid. I heard many releases have been on a waiting list of 10 months or so. 

23 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Yes. The first presale is supposed to happen in August according to a record store owner. 
It was probably delayed because there’s very few pressing plants and they’ve been under a huge strain from covid. I heard many releases have been on a waiting list of 10 months or so. 

Oh interesting August time to get my credit upto date haha 

11 hours ago, Prayer said:

Thank you for sharing that.

1 hour ago, OceanBlue said:

I think the plan was always to make the announcement on her birthday... the release should follow in late September/October.

I must admit I don't care when, I want to know the album they are starting this campain !!! Debut ? Erotica ?

Would it be okay if we start with Hey You?

Tracklist:

1. Hey You

2. Hey You (Sickick Remix)

3. Hey You (10 Minute Version) (feat. Pharrell Williams)

4. Hey You (The Blessed Madonna Remix)

5. Hey You (Sickick Remix feat. Fireboy DML, 070 Shake and Lil Nas X)

6. Hey You (Instrumental)

7. Hey You (Secret Version) [just a 10 minute loop of Madonna saying "see my booty go down like" in front of the instrumental]