MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/25/2022 at 3:24 AM, deathproof said:

I don’t see how that’s a confirmation.

The partnership is through Warner Records, not Rhino. That’s why Prince’s previous SDE re-releases had the Warner Record logo, not Rhino. 

Hope the Rhino logo on Finally Enough Love and the reference to the RSD release in the media release has provided confirmation for ypu ;) 

2 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Hope the Rhino logo on Finally Enough Love and the reference to the RSD release in the media release has provided confirmation for ypu ;) 

“These new collections will mark the first album releases to be part of the newly announced partnership between Madonna and Warner Music Group”

1 minute ago, deathproof said:

“These new collections will mark the first album releases to be part of the newly announced partnership between Madonna and Warner Music Group”

Rhino manages the back catalogue for Warner as a division and this is why the Rhino logo is on everything under the new catalogue deal - first release was Who's That Girl (Super Club Mix) and second releases are the Finally Enough Love albums - that's your confirmation

4 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Rhino manages the back catalogue for Warner as a division and this is why the Rhino logo is on everything under the new catalogue deal - first release was Who's That Girl (Super Club Mix) and second releases are the Finally Enough Love albums - that's your confirmation

The press release states FEL is the first release.

2 minutes ago, deathproof said:

The press release states FEL is the first release.

'These new collections will mark the first album releases to be part of the newly announced partnership between Madonna and Warner Music Group, which will feature an extensive series of catalog releases across her groundbreaking career. '

The RSD release was a 12" EP (Extended Play) 

In advance of the debut of FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE in June, one of the 50 chart toppers – “Causing A Commotion” – was spotlighted early as an exclusive release for this year’s Record Store Day on April 23. Three remixes of the track appeared on the limited edition, five-track, red vinyl 12” EP Who’s That Girl Super Club Mix. 

5 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

These new collections will mark the first album releases to be part of the newly announced partnership between Madonna and Warner Music Group, which will feature an extensive series of catalog releases across her groundbreaking career. '

Yeah. I already posted that lol.

5 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

In advance of the debut of FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE in June, one of the 50 chart toppers – “Causing A Commotion” – was spotlighted early as an exclusive release for this year’s Record Store Day on April 23. Three remixes of the track appeared on the limited edition, five-track, red vinyl 12” EP Who’s That Girl Super Club Mix. 

Notice how it doesn’t mention anything about the RSD release being part of the deal.

Just now, deathproof said:

Yeah. I already posted that lol.

Notice how it doesn’t mention anything about the RSD release being part of the deal.

I've already told you that it was part of the deal - hence they could adjust the artwork and track list for the first time ever where previously they could only change the colour of the vinyl.

If you think I don't know my stuff, have a look at who follows me on twitter and other social media to see who I may be in touch with ;) 

Of course the RSD vinyl was part of the deal, it was even writte in the original press relese from last year:

For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more.

8 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

I've already told you that it was part of the deal - hence they could adjust the artwork and track list for the first time ever where previously they could only change the colour of the vinyl.

If you think I don't know my stuff, have a look at who follows me on twitter and other social media to see who I may be in touch with ;) 

Oh, that's so sweet of you. ;)

19 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I mean, it's pretty obvious that the Who's that girl RSD thing was part of the deal. RSD releases aren't a new thing, but they have never been "new" releases. Previously Warner could only re-issue already existing releases. 

Yes some people here have difficulty understanding that lol 

What I’m curious about is how are they going to re-release 17 albums in a short space of time without overkill?

If we are talking a boxset and multiple versions for every re-release surely the bulk of the fanbase could only handle a few re-releases per year? 4 per year seems like the maximum possible without the cost being too ridiculous for the average fan. And we know there will be limited editions and all that too.

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

What I’m curious about is how are they going to re-release 17 albums in a short space of time without overkill?

If we are talking a boxset and multiple versions for every re-release surely the bulk of the fanbase could only handle a few re-releases per year? 4 per year seems like the maximum possible without the cost being too ridiculous for the average fan.

I don't think all albums will get the deluxe treatment.

IF they do, I'd imagine that 2-3 a year is a good pace.

So let’s say only some albums get special deluxe box sets. The ones I would want to get that treatment would be:

Like a Virgin (inc remixes and TVT vinyl and dvd)

Like a Prayer (remixes, BAT, Demos)

Erotica (remixes, TGS remaster, demos)

Ray of light (remixes, demos)

Confessions (remixes, demos, confessions Bluray)

6 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

So you’re saying some albums will just get re-issued without any bonus remixes, demos etc?

It's certainly hot what I hope for, but realistically there is a risk that yes, some records will be reissued without deluxe treatments and all that.

The thought bugs me, cause I WANT deluxe editions of at least the studio albums.

Time will tell. :)

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

So let’s say only some albums get special deluxe box sets. The ones I would want to get that treatment would be:

Like a Virgin (inc remixes and TVT vinyl and dvd)

Like a Prayer (remixes, BAT, Demos)

Erotica (remixes, TGS remaster, demos)

Ray of light (remixes, demos)

Confessions (remixes, demos, confessions Bluray)

Just imagine all the cool bonus material we could get. The gig at G-A-Y for Confessions, maybe an unknown recording from Roxy in 1998... :)

23 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Just imagine all the cool bonus material we could get. The gig at G-A-Y for Confessions, maybe an unknown recording from Roxy in 1998... :)

I don't think DVD's or Blurays will be part of this. It'll just be about the audio. Also, the remixes for the early albums are manageable but when you're getting 20-30 remixes per single that seems like a big ask. They've been remastering the videos for online platforms already and a lot of the remixes are available digitally now so they are already covered to a large extent. I'd guess we'd get the main albums remastered plus a selection of demos or unreleased tracks and if there was a tour a live album. Sorry if I'm repeating myself, I can't remember if I've posted about this already. Either way we don't have long to wait, I expect they'll reveal all shortly after the Finally Enough Love album drops

2 hours ago, Celebration said:

I don't think all albums will get the deluxe treatment.

IF they do, I'd imagine that 2-3 a year is a good pace.

If I remember correctly, I believe the press release said deluxe editions for SOME of her albums. So I think you're right - most albums will just be remastered and pressed on colour vinyl with maybe a couple bonus tracks. 

4 hours ago, musicinferno said:

If I remember correctly, I believe the press release said deluxe editions for SOME of her albums. So I think you're right - most albums will just be remastered and pressed on colour vinyl with maybe a couple bonus tracks. 

The press release said they would do expansive deluxe editions for "many of her landmark albums", which means only landmark albums will get one, and not all of them. 

Landmark albums: Madonna, Like a virgin, True blue, Like a prayer, Erotica, Ray of light, Music, Confessions on a dance floor