MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

42 minutes ago, The First Citizen said:

I keep hearing people say that MDNA has great songs except the singles and yet nobody ever seems to mention these supposed hidden gems. Give me one song that is truly exceptional from that album besides Masterpiece. Actually there are none and MDNA is rightly criticized as one of the most half assed and mediocre Madonna projects of all time.

I'm a sinner and love spent are definitely great songs :Madonna041: I don't think the songs in MDNA are that bad actually, blame it on the stupid image of the lead single

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I'm fan since 1989. And believe me,  my top and bottom albums are not written in stone. My list changes from year to year. But I'm the typical fan who loves with passion 7'' and 12'', for me the albums (until Confessions) were something secondary.

I have posted this before but in case you are interested, this is my ranking of all her studio albums.

1 Like a Prayer

2 Erotica

3 Ray of Light 

4 True Blue

5 Confessions

6 Madonna

7 Music

8 Madame X 

9 Rebel Heart

10 Bedtime Stories

11 American Life

12 Like a Virgin 

13 MDNA 

14 Hard Candy

10 minutes ago, The First Citizen said:

I have posted this before but in case you are interested, this is my ranking of all her studio albums.

1 Like a Prayer

2 Erotica

3 Ray of Light 

4 True Blue

5 Confessions

6 Madonna

My top five is almost identical, but my number 6 is MDNA (I love so many non-single tracks...)

On 5/11/2022 at 11:31 AM, Fabiolous said:

The press release said they would do expansive deluxe editions for "many of her landmark albums", which means only landmark albums will get one, and not all of them. 

Landmark albums: Madonna, Like a virgin, True blue, Like a prayer, Erotica, Ray of light, Music, Confessions on a dance floor

That sounds about right. I'd be happy with that.

On 2/19/2022 at 12:40 AM, Prayer said:

She's getting her best results EVER on Spotify, thanks to the two TikTok trends with the "Frozen" remix and "Material Girl". But keep complaining about a 2019 interview and how she's not relevant enough anymore. I'm sure you'll be complaining too as soon as the first reissue is announced: it'll be about the tracklist, or the cover or how your favorite demo is not included. Or how the "Like A Prayer" box set doesn't smell of patchouli. Anything.

So true. Some Madonna fans are the ultimate Debbie Downers. I think a lot of them haven't had a good pounding in years.

On 5/11/2022 at 9:26 AM, The First Citizen said:

Such as? Masterpiece is good and the rest is hot garbage.

Nope.  Quite a bit of great material!

1. Gang Bang

2. I"m Addicted

3. Turn Up the Radio

4. Some Girls

5. I Don’t Give A

6. Love Spent (both versions)

7. I'm a Sinner

8. Masterpiece

9. Falling Free

10. Beautiful Killer

11. I Fucked Up

I don't know about you guys, but Finally Enough Love really reignited my love for Madonna again. I was going through a period where I wasn't really interested/listening to her old music that much, but now I stream her old music every day again and I remember why I love her so fucking much. 

I just CAN'T WAIT to see what these expanded re-issues are going to look like. Please Mama don't drop the ball on Erotica and Like a prayer. 

5 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I don't know about you guys, but Finally Enough Love really reignited my love for Madonna again. I was going through a period where I wasn't really interested/listening to her old music that much, but now I stream her old music every day again and I remember why I love her so fucking much. 

I just CAN'T WAIT to see what these expanded re-issues are going to look like. Please Mama don't drop the ball on Erotica and Like a prayer. 

I will fight a hoe who fucks up Erotica.

13 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I'm really looking forward to seeing what she will announce in August. Please God give us Erotica 30th anniversary boxset. I deserve it. 

Seeing as we have all demos from erotica now I would prefer lap or tb - I’m dying to hear any unreleased demos from those eras the most plus im hoping for an unreleased wtg tour concert ( dream would be either Paris or London ) and yes baby I will keep 😁🥴

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

Seeing as we have all demos from erotica now I would prefer lap or tb - I’m dying to hear any unreleased demos from those eras the most plus im hoping for an unreleased wtg tour concert ( dream would be either Paris or London ) and yes baby I will keep 😁🥴

What if they add the Pettibone 1994 demos to it? Since a Bedtime stories boxset is unlikely 

4 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I agree 1000%.  I am on fire for Finally Enough Love.  I was still listening to MX quite a bit but this collection is a reminder of how much stellar material there really is.  I have been listening to entire classic albums again and the magic is still there.  I also am hoping for Erotica and LAP in the first wave.  They are is desperate need for remastering and have tremendous potential for bonus material.  I do wish that her team would just load the remaining remixes and already released bonus tracks to streaming.  Songs like Has to Be, Ciao Bella, Fighting Spirit and Good-bye to Innocence belong in rotation.  

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

What if they add the Pettibone 1994 demos to it? Since a Bedtime stories boxset 

Bedtime Stories needs remastering something fierce.  And there is a ton of demos.  Your Honesty, Let Down Your Guard, Freedom and Love Won't Wait along with many others that remain unreleased in any form.  I hope that this album won't be skipped.  

5 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

The Sex book was also a Warner release. Imagine an expanded re-print of that, or some sort of smaller-sized Sex book in an Erotica boxset 

I hadn't even thought of that. As someone who has never seen a copy in real life, it's kind of maddening that they've never done another run of it. I would love a re-print as part of a 30th anniversary boxset.

5 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

I hadn't even thought of that. As someone who has never seen a copy in real life, it's kind of maddening that they've never done another run of it. I would love a re-print as part of a 30th anniversary boxset.

It’s pretty easy to get a decently priced copy. There’s so many floating around.

I feel like if they reissued it the quality wouldn’t be as nice

12 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Same for me, i actually started to rewatch all her tours. She's truly the best at that.

Just had to say, I honestly can't wait for them to reissue Remixed & Revisited. Such an iconic project, that should be their priority right? New things on the tracklist:

-Like a Virgin / Hollywood Medley (2003 MTV VMA Performance) with exclusive Quavo vocals added to replace Missy Elliott.

-Candy Shop (Sickick Remix)

-Candy Shop (Artists are Here to Disturb the Peace Remix)

-Promise to Try (The Blessed Madonna Remix feat. Nicki Minaj)

AND on the bonus DVD:

-American Life (Flag version)

A DREAM COME TRUE! :Madonna041:

34 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Just had to say, I honestly can't wait for them to reissue Remixed & Revisited. Such an iconic project, that should be their priority right? New things on the tracklist:

-Like a Virgin / Hollywood Medley (2003 MTV VMA Performance) with exclusive Quavo vocals added to replace Missy Elliott.

-Candy Shop (Sickick Remix)

-Candy Shop (Artists are Here to Disturb the Peace Remix)

-Promise to Try (feat. Nicki Minaj)

AND on the bonus DVD:

-American Life (Flag version)

A DREAM COME TRUE! :Madonna041:

Actually with some tweaks and remastering R&R would be a nice release. The mixes are really nice. They could remove Your Honesty cause it doesn’t fit and replace it with something else exclusive and give us a better audio version of the VMA performance and add a couple AL related exclusives 

23 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Actually with some tweaks and remastering R&R would be a nice release. The mixes are really nice. They could remove Your Honesty cause it doesn’t fit and replace it with something else exclusive and give us a better audio version of the VMA performance and add a couple AL related exclusives 

Guess all of that would be in an American Life boxset no? Besides Your Honesty of course.

8 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

R&R is what we got instead of the 20th Anniversary Boxset after Warner bailed on it. All the stuff should be on the American Life Deluxe (Your Honesty on the BS one of course). I can live without the MTV Live audio though.

I wouldn't expect American Life to get a deluxe boxset... 

11 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I wouldn't expect American Life to get a deluxe boxset... 

I kind of would actually. She's obviously hugely proud of it. There are lots of unused demos and heaps of remixes that we've seen NONE of reissued (DAD, AL, Hollywood, Love Profusion, Nothing Fails, Nobody Knows Me, Easy Ride.) All remixed by big producers. none of streaming reissues thus far. It's been reappraised as ahead of its time and Genre Defining and the initial controversy around the war has been proved to be in M's favour by most sane people. It is also widely regarded among the fanbase as one of M's most unique, personal and favourite records. Plus THAT video is still not available. 

It also might be an opportunity for Warner to claw some of the projected revenue back it lost first time round. Could also be bundled with Re-Invention Tour too and maybe even lead with that as it was much more celebrated than the actual album.