MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

10 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I kind of would actually. She's obviously hugely proud of it. There are lots of unused demos and heaps of remixes that we've seen NONE of reissued (DAD, AL, Hollywood, Love Profusion, Nothing Fails, Nobody Knows Me, Easy Ride.) All remixed by big producers. none of streaming reissues thus far. It's been reappraised as ahead of its time and Genre Defining and the initial controversy around the war has been proved to be in M's favour by most sane people. It is also widely regarded among the fanbase as one of M's most unique, personal and favourite records. Plus THAT video is still not available. 

It also might be an opportunity for Warner to claw some of the projected revenue back it lost first time round. Could also be bundled with Re-Invention Tour too and maybe even lead with that as it was much more celebrated than the actual album.

"American Life" is in my Top 3 Madonna albums and I would love it - and maybe she would be up for it - but Warner? I truly doubt it. But hey, maybe they'll surprise us.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I kind of would actually. She's obviously hugely proud of it. There are lots of unused demos and heaps of remixes that we've seen NONE of reissued (DAD, AL, Hollywood, Love Profusion, Nothing Fails, Nobody Knows Me, Easy Ride.) All remixed by big producers. none of streaming reissues thus far. It's been reappraised as ahead of its time and Genre Defining and the initial controversy around the war has been proved to be in M's favour by most sane people. It is also widely regarded among the fanbase as one of M's most unique, personal and favourite records. Plus THAT video is still not available. 

It also might be an opportunity for Warner to claw some of the projected revenue back it lost first time round. Could also be bundled with Re-Invention Tour too and maybe even lead with that as it was much more celebrated than the actual album.

Indeed lots of unreleased tracks from these sessions ("React" most notably hasn't leaked as of now) + the 2004 musicals. They could definitely make a second CD out of it.

I truly hope all the albums will get reissued because there is a lot of potential for most of them. The only one I'm not too sure about would be MDNA but even with this one they could include a remix CD and a bonus DVD. As far as I know there are only two unreleased tracks from these sessions so these they could include them on the main CD and be done with it.

1 hour ago, cosmic_system said:

For the general public even Erotica and Bedtime Stories aren’t probably landmark albums, do you really think we will only get the 80s album and Ray Of Light and maybe Music and Confessions? I don’t think so, even Prince got some reissues of albums probably only the fans remember. 

Prince got simple reissues of all of her albums, as they were released originally, but only three got the Deluxe/expanded treatment: “Purple Rain”, “1999” and “Sign ‘O’ The Times”. Those three are definitely his “landmark albums”.

I want to be wrong but I can’t see Warner going crazy with all M’s albums. It’s not realistic. But of course it all depends on how well “Finally Enough Love” and the first proper Deluxe edition perform.

5 hours ago, steady75 said:

You’re right about Prince, my bad. But at the same time I believe Madonna is higher in the collector department (or at least she was) and this the same record company that just released a fucking slipcase for one of her most hated albums. 
I also believe, unlike Prince, that her 80s album have the least amount of demos and unreleased material. She has more unreleased stuff from the 90s till Rebel Heart (ok, MDNA doesn’t have much stuff). 
I’m not saying she will release all the demos from each album, but the aborted 20th anniversary boxset was going to include lots of demos (that’s where You’re Honesty, a song nobody knew, came from). 
American Life is one of her most beloved album from herself and from fans, and there are lots of demos around and god knows how many we don’t know about. 
The press release says MANY of her landmarks albums, not just some of her landmark albums. 

This new deal heralds the launch next year of an extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases that will revisit the groundbreaking music that made her an international icon. For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums.

To me all her albums from 1983 to 2005 (heck, even 2008) are landmarks albums. Maybe they will skip Breathless and Evita but I can’t imagine them just repress Erotica, Bedtime Stories or American Life.
The fact that Finally does exist is also very telling to me. 

On 5/14/2022 at 2:04 AM, wtg1987 said:

Seeing as we have all demos from erotica now I would prefer lap or tb - I’m dying to hear any unreleased demos from those eras the most plus im hoping for an unreleased wtg tour concert ( dream would be either Paris or London ) and yes baby I will keep 😁🥴

Do we have all of the demos?????  And I need them in remastered quality, especially Dear Father and Shame.  

Today Michael Jackson state announced the 40th Anniversary Edition for Thriller and I think is a little bit disappointing... The best selling record of all time by the most famous singer of all time is only getting a two disc edition with a crappy logo placed on top. Rumors say a Justin Bieber remix may be included...

What can we expect for Madonna's 40th? I pray we get something more similar to what Prince state is doing...

mj40.JPG

36 minutes ago, mcat said:

Today Michael Jackson state announced the 40th Anniversary Edition for Thriller and I think is a little bit disappointing... The best selling record of all time by the most famous singer of all time is only getting a two disc edition with a crappy logo placed on top. Rumors say a Justin Bieber remix may be included...

What can we expect for Madonna's 40th? I pray we get something more similar to what Prince state is doing...

mj40.JPG

My friend is a fan and despite being excited about this, she has always told me his team is infamously known for mistreating his discography and totally ignoring fans requests, maybe it's a little start to actually be efficient. But I'm sure with Madge we'll get a lot more tho 

1 hour ago, mcat said:

mj40.JPG

Lol it’s not even 2 disc. It’s one

This reissue of Thriller worried me a bit, maybe it was naive of me but I took it for granted that since Warner/Rhino were in charge of the Super Deluxe Editions of Prince, they would follow the same pattern and level of quality with Madonna but look the differences between Thriller 40 and Purple Rain Tour Live (both released by Sony/Epic Records)... 

Obviously the artists (or their Estates) will make decisions on releases but for some reason I thought the Super Deluxe Editions of Prince were very much the work of Warner/Rhino.

Maybe it's just MJ Estate doing as little work as possible to fulfill the distribution contract with Sony and saving the Super Deluxe Editions and the biopic to negotiate with another label or with Sony again, idk.

7 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Lol it’s not even 2 disc. It’s one

That's the $100 vinyl. The CD is two discs. The second disc is apparantly unreleased demos.

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/michael-jackson-thriller-40/

As you can see, someone has retouched the picture to something waxy and quite ugly. It looks like those filters that Madonna loves to play with.

Also, the classic and elegant handwriting on the cover has been replaced with something that is beyond ugly.

Whatever happened to "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"?

18 hours ago, Prayer said:

Prince got simple reissues of all of her albums, as they were released originally, but only three got the Deluxe/expanded treatment: “Purple Rain”, “1999” and “Sign ‘O’ The Times”. Those three are definitely his “landmark albums”.

Ten-year-old me, who fell in love with Prince because of the Diamonds & Pearls album, would beg to differ. :)

3 hours ago, Celebration said:

That's the $100 vinyl. The CD is two discs. The second disc is apparantly unreleased demos.

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/michael-jackson-thriller-40/

As you can see, someone has retouched the picture to something waxy and quite ugly. It looks like those filters that Madonna loves to play with.

Also, the classic and elegant handwriting on the cover has been replaced with something that is beyond ugly.

Whatever happened to "if it ain't broken, don't fix it"?

Oh I was thinking of the vinyl since they  posted a photo of the vinyl. 
There’s also a cheap version for vinyl with the new ugly cover and it’s still one disc No extras.

I hope this is giving pause to some of the people here who had constant meltdowns over FEL. 

12 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Talking about Thriller, what is a "MoFi UltraDisc One-Step vinyl box set" ?  Is it really worth that much money? 

It’s a new vinyl coating technology that’s supposed to offer more sound accuracy.

I thought it was worth getting it because the MoFi remasters are supposed to be the best and praised across the board in the audiophile community.

Also I love the box packaging and I’m expecting a high quality cover. But it’s frustrating that for what they’re charging they couldn’t include a disc with the extras 

Still waiting for the MJ estate to release the remastered thriller video on blu ray that was shown in 3D a few years ago - his videography like Ms is unparalleled and clearly needs a remaster overhaul too - don’t see what other demos hey could roll out for thriller seeing as the previous 2 releases mined all of those ?