MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

16 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

OMFG don't say that

Look at his page. Pretty much what the cover he did was what he had been posting when Madonna first announced she was releasing a remix comp months ago. He has since been posting alot of iconic photos in his "style". He has quite a few Confessions ones. Mark my words...he is going to be considered if not already approached for the art. Apparently some fans think FEL looks great and some think art does matter and we just will probably have to deal with it.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Look at his page. Pretty much what the cover he did was what he had been posting when Madonna first announced she was releasing a remix comp months ago. He has since been posting alot of iconic photos in his "style". He has quite a few Confessions ones. Mark my words...he is going to be considered if not already approached for the art. Apparently some fans think FEL looks great and some think art does matter and we just will probably have to deal with it.

Lol this is just pure speculation and not likely grounded in any reality. 
Aldo has not been posting teasers. When Madonna announced the compilation he just created a bunch artworks like he always does. And when Warner rejected the original design they probably contacted him and picked one of them as a starting point for the final product. 
The reissues will have the same covers as the original albums. If anything he would design the box art for the whatever boxsets are being made. 

3 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Lol this is just pure speculation and not likely grounded in any reality. 
Aldo has not been posting teasers. When Madonna announced the compilation he just created a bunch artworks like he always does. And when Warner rejected the original design they probably contacted him and picked one of them as a starting point for the final product. 
The reissues will have the same covers as the original albums. If anything he would design the box art for the whatever boxsets are being made. 

...lol literally posted in January. You honestly dont think they are eyeing the ones hes made for other albums? Not grounded in reality? 🤣🤣🤣🤣 this is the sad reality. 

Screenshot_20220524-020906_Instagram.jpg

1 hour ago, baymad4her said:

I'm more interested in getting stuff in digital quality that we haven't had before, I couldn't give a fuck about artwork.

Exactly. Everyone bitching about a damn album cover. That is like the absolute LEAST important thing of this. MUSIC is the main component we are getting 50 completely remastered remixes some that have never been commercially available and these will be easily accessible to all on digital platforms. This is just the beginning too!

Nah, the artwork is in fact also important, I'm also guessing that most fans kind of were lured in by the visual aspect of Madonna, not just her pipes, and the iconic artwork that goes with each era is a big part of that. I'm mainly interested in what these re issues will bring musicly, but if they tamper with the original artwork or they are poorly designed (like the 3cd FEL box) I won't bother buying them I'll just download and add a nice picture to them in my itunes.

Hot take of the day is that most of Madonna's single artworks are rubbish. The album artwork she mostly nails (looking at you, "Hard Candy").

The "Erotica" reissue should ideally come in a box that replicates the shiny SEX book cover and some sort of smaller/booklet version of it. 

16 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

Hot take of the day is that most of Madonna's single artworks are rubbish. The album artwork she mostly nails (looking at you, "Hard Candy").

The "Erotica" reissue should ideally come in a box that replicates the shiny SEX book cover and some sort of smaller/booklet version of it. 

Yes!!!! The singles are so random or cheap looking at times. 

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

Exactly. Everyone bitching about a damn album cover. That is like the absolute LEAST important thing of this. MUSIC is the main component we are getting 50 completely remastered remixes some that have never been commercially available and these will be easily accessible to all on digital platforms. This is just the beginning too!

It's all a package...Madonna literally is a pioneer pop star who has utilized and combined both image and music. And im sorry...the tracklisting isnt that impressive when it comes to uniqueness. Wow we have an edit of Holiday and Open Your Heart with a few seconds of intro. 

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's all a package...Madonna literally is a pioneer pop star who has utilized and combined both image and music. And im sorry...the tracklisting isnt that impressive when it comes to uniqueness. Wow we have an edit of Holiday and Open Your Heart with a few seconds of intro. 

It's literally a greatest hits album disguised as a remixes compilation, to launch the reissues campaign. In that senses it works 100%, both the cover (the Deluxe one, not the other one) and the tracklist. I don't particularly like or enjoy "Celebration" as a project, but that compilation was for the general public and not hardcore fans: they don't care as we do if a version is one or another. So it worked in the end cause that was the goal.

And even with that in mind, you can see there's been care and thought putting together the tracklist and remixes chosen on "Finally Enough Love". Even the remastering on the released "Into The Groove" remix sounds subtle and not too over the top. Let's wait for the final product, but so far all looks good.

Just now, Prayer said:

It's literally a greatest hits album disguised as a remixes compilation, to launch the reissues campaign. In that senses it works 100%, both the cover (the Deluxe one, not the other one) and the tracklist. I don't particularly like or enjoy "Celebration" as a project, but that compilation was for the general public and not hardcore fans: they don't care as we do if a version is one or another. And even with that in mind, you can see there's been care and thought putting together the tracklist and remixes chosen on "Finally Enough Love".

Oh I'm not saying the tracklist is bad, it does its job but it definitely isn't anything exciting especially since alot of those tracks have already been uploaded on Spotify for their digital singles and i disagree with alot of thought being put into it. Its a standard tracklist. No surprises and very straightforward. It's very much GHV2 which fans bitched about then except this is in chronological order.

2 hours ago, New_Boy said:

Lol her singles usually have spectacular artwork and imagery

50 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Lol her singles usually have spectacular artwork and imagery

90% of the time it's a recycled image from a non-related photoshoot with a text slapped on top. Hardly revolutionary! That obviously worked a dozen times, but most of the time... simply didn't. "Vogue" is gorgeous, but it's a still from "Express Yourself". So is "Rescue Me", as a still from "Justify My Love". The less said about the "Rebel Heart"/"MDNA"/"Hard Candy" artworks, the better.

Here's a nice collection of them, lemme know which ones are your favorites! I tried to make it 4x4, but it was a struggle!
https://www.steveyb.co.uk/artwork/all/Madonna

image.png.2c76db8fe0db2fdd8e7d8c2cda9a8156.pngimage.png.6a339b4a9cdb3c36519edccfd126cc14.pngimage.png.1eca10e4a65caaded4310d2ed297b079.pngimage.png.21ca40665ad7982b973d7bfdbd2604de.pngimage.png.c1e509b5a044f80c3e9d60abf6b9a96e.pngimage.png.aac53af59304d4808f66b609f40ac0ba.pngimage.png.2a145d893a9a43ad0edbdf3c242e2d05.pngimage.png.b150aae60e36f7f7ea5d7d8286384328.pngimage.png.8e506e33966630a4b98894bd8a45e9ba.pngimage.png.f50fe3e4f1b48552b710532977f110fd.pngimage.png.4e13b2f7cc43dafc1a05fd71c46335af.pngimage.png.5150523a523141a611a5f22830f7bb64.pngimage.png.2c746b6378e33dfdede59455005d5ccb.pngimage.png.33ef1f0c9d7438217cf33c5d1b41bcff.png

23 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

90% of the time it's a recycled image from a non-related photoshoot with a text slapped on top. Hardly revolutionary! That obviously worked a dozen times, but most of the time... simply didn't. "Vogue" is gorgeous, but it's a still from "Express Yourself". So is "Rescue Me", as a still from "Justify My Love". The less said about the "Rebel Heart"/"MDNA"/"Hard Candy" artworks, the better.

Here's a nice collection of them, lemme know which ones are your favorites! I tried to make it 4x4, but it was a struggle!
https://www.steveyb.co.uk/artwork/all/Madonna

image.png.2c76db8fe0db2fdd8e7d8c2cda9a8156.pngimage.png.6a339b4a9cdb3c36519edccfd126cc14.pngimage.png.1eca10e4a65caaded4310d2ed297b079.pngimage.png.21ca40665ad7982b973d7bfdbd2604de.pngimage.png.c1e509b5a044f80c3e9d60abf6b9a96e.pngimage.png.aac53af59304d4808f66b609f40ac0ba.pngimage.png.2a145d893a9a43ad0edbdf3c242e2d05.pngimage.png.b150aae60e36f7f7ea5d7d8286384328.pngimage.png.8e506e33966630a4b98894bd8a45e9ba.pngimage.png.f50fe3e4f1b48552b710532977f110fd.pngimage.png.4e13b2f7cc43dafc1a05fd71c46335af.pngimage.png.5150523a523141a611a5f22830f7bb64.pngimage.png.2c746b6378e33dfdede59455005d5ccb.pngimage.png.33ef1f0c9d7438217cf33c5d1b41bcff.png

I love the covers for Hung Up, NRM, Sorry, OYH, Bedtime Story and all the Music ones (I like the unique photo frame and the neon effect) mostly, there are other which are OK imo but overall they're quite meh 

40 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

90% of the time it's a recycled image from a non-related photoshoot with a text slapped on top.

Let me explain a little bit why this was maybe genius on her part and another proof of how a smart business woman she was (is).

We all know how smart she was with money and not wasting any of it on extra studio, recording time, etc. - Or simply shooting music videos just for the sake of it.

We don't know for sure, but could it be that part of the original agreements to do those magazine photoshoots/adverts involved somehow the right to user any of the images on her own projects for free - and then having any free single cover she desired from the shoot?

I mean: 

Madonna,_Drowned_World_1998_cover.pngMadonna,_Nothing_Really_Matters_cover.pnMadonna_-_Die_Another_Day.pngMadonna_nothing_fails_UK_CD1.jpg

The GAP 2003 pics were used again and again that Fall.

It would have been so nice to get new remixes like 50 new ones.... To be honest I don't really see the purposes of this release. We will get some digital for the first time but they would have come one day or another since they are slowly slowly publishing her past single releases...

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

Oh my God! The woman should have retired after True Blue. Her fanbase is totally undeserving of her body of work. Nothing is ever good enough and everyone wants everything catered to their specific wishlist.

This is a retrospective of her remixes. At no point it was suggested that anything unreleased or new will be included. 
Some people here really need to go follow an artist that they’re more in tune with

Oh puh-lease. Im always defending her and me bitching about this compilation is hardly me suggesting she should retire. Also very dumb lumping me in with those people that are "undeserving" of her body of work. You should really think about that and apologize to me.

27 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Oh puh-lease. Im always defending her and me bitching about this compilation is hardly me suggesting she should retire. Also very dumb lumping me in with those people that are "undeserving" of her body of work. You should really think about that and apologize to me.

Hahaha or what? 😛