MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, New_Boy said:

90% of the time it's a recycled image from a non-related photoshoot with a text slapped on top. Hardly revolutionary! That obviously worked a dozen times, but most of the time... simply didn't. "Vogue" is gorgeous, but it's a still from "Express Yourself". So is "Rescue Me", as a still from "Justify My Love". The less said about the "Rebel Heart"/"MDNA"/"Hard Candy" artworks, the better.

Here's a nice collection of them, lemme know which ones are your favorites! I tried to make it 4x4, but it was a struggle!
https://www.steveyb.co.uk/artwork/all/Madonna

I think the only era where the single covers were awful is Rebel Heart... I can't believe they used the same album photo for Living for Love, like... couldn't they use another? Any other! And let's not even mention Ghosttown and Bitch I'm Madonna, we better forgot those ones.
MDNA has pretty decent single covers actually. And Hard Candy... they're okay I guess.

3 hours ago, CYSMM said:

It would have been so nice to get new remixes like 50 new ones.... To be honest I don't really see the purposes of this release. We will get some digital for the first time but they would have come one day or another since they are slowly slowly publishing her past single releases...

Why spend so much money and take the risk that fans don't like the new remixes, when the old ones are a sure hit? I'd rather they save money on this project and keep the budget for Erotica 30th anniversary

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

True Blue single covers were flawless. Each cover was perfectly synched with its video or an appropriate shoot. 
I’d actually love someone to make a project of recreating all her single covers with the same idea.

Plus they were actually great songs - people can critique her recent single covers as rubbish but they match the songs ( mostly ) you can’t polish a turd - most singles post hard Candy fall into this category imo 

14 hours ago, Alpha said:

There is no or. Im telling you that you SHOULD but you probably do not want to admit you are wrong. What a shame. 

How am I wrong? 
I have quoted you in my response because you posted a few back to back comments regarding FEL. How should I know what you generally post about? I don’t keep a track record for every member here. Just reacting to what’s going on in the present. 
And it wasn’t directed at you specifically but more of the general atmosphere of this community to which you contributed in this instance. 
The artwork is terrible, the track list is boring etc. spread throughout multiple threads and posts. 
Yes it’s great to have opinions and discuss things but it seems like there’s constant negativity about everything.

If the artwork sucks so bad you can’t even look at it and the music is boring you can just not buy or stream it. 

14 minutes ago, Andreo said:

To make the atmosphere here a bit lighter: tell me, what's the remix(es) in the compilation you're happy it made it in the tracklist the most? What's the one(s) you're not that happy about?

bedtime story deal with it GIF

Very curious to know as I don't know half of these remixes lol

I am just glad that some of my favorite remixes ended up in the compilation. The Above and Beyond Remix Edit of WIFLFAG, PHYSICAL ATTRACTION (of course), Tracy Young's Remix for Crave and Honey Dijon's remix for IDSIF.

Kinda wished that they would replace the video edit for OYH with an extended remix but that's my only complain. :D

Although I have to wonder: how can they remaster the new remixes? The old remixes, I understand but the new remixes?

15 minutes ago, Andreo said:

To make the atmosphere here a bit lighter: tell me, what's the remix(es) in the compilation you're happy it made it in the tracklist the most? What's the one(s) you're not that happy about?

Happy: the You Can Dance Edits, as they are "unreleased"; the Video Version of "Open Your Heart"; "Argentina" Miami Mix (ICONIC); "Ray Of Light" Sasha and "Nothing Really Matters" Club 69 Remix (both the best remixes from that era, in my opinion); "Living For Love" that we all hope is the "performance" version of the promo tour and is fire.

Not that keen on: the 7'' versions of "Like A Virgin" and "Material Girl" if they're just the album versions (if they are edits of the Extended Dance Mixes is fine); "Justify My Love" Orbit Edit (like it but it's a bit boring); the whole "American Life" era... I don't think the selection is the best remixes from that time but hey it's me; "Sorry" PSB (never liked that remix that much); "Girl Gone Wild" Avicii - Justin Cognito instead, it's ICONIC.

But overall I'm quite happy with the package and can't wait to see how it flows.

7 minutes ago, Roy said:

Although I have to wonder: how can they remaster the new remixes? The old remixes, I understand but the new remixes?

Just making the whole compilation sound the same and consistent and adjusting EQs and levels and stuff. Of course the latest remixes wouldn't need any remastering, but if they touched little things to make them sound good next to the older ones remasters, then it's a 2022 remaster. :cute:

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Just making the whole compilation sound the same and consistent and adjusting EQs and levels and stuff. Of course the latest remixes wouldn't need any remastering, but if they touched little things to make them sound good next to the older ones remasters, then it's a 2022 remaster. :cute:

Hmmmm...

We'll see. ITG sounded good despite being boosted.

36 minutes ago, Andreo said:

- I'm happy in general with FEL (artwork and remixes) but I'm specially happy with "Fever (Radio Remix)" because it was not available from digital sources. Although I prefer "Fever (Edit Two)" (the rest I think I have them from CD promos or CD-Singles). I can't remember another track "available for the first time from a digital source".

- Unhappy: "Open Your Heart (Video version)". I want "Open Your Heart (Edit of the Extended Version) from a digital source.

- And replace "Like A Prayer (Remix Edit)" with "Like A Prayer (7'' Dance Edit)", and "Express Yourself (Remix Edit)" with "Express Yourself (Original House Video Version)" for a perfect "Finally Enough Love" compilation (in my opinion).

PS: I'm also happy because FEL will be available on Hi-Res (88200 Hz, 24 bits).

I would say she mostly chose the best remixes except for ;

open your heart ( dunno why she went for the video version seeing as it’s not a remix )

GI2M - should be the oakenfold one

erotica - I would have chosen either Ken Lou or orbit mix

I didn’t care for most mixes post GI2M so not bothered about those choices to be honest 

i would have loved a jellybean 7” mix of LAV and material girl too - again I don’t know why she chose album versions for those ( same as physical attraction which I still don’t count as a straight up dance song ) 

I'm simply going grazy over the Music, WIFLFAG, and Impressive Instant remixes, they might be my absolute faves, and also love the ones chosen for Hung Up, Celebration, Sorry, Frozen, Ray Of Light, NRM, Bedtime, basically all my faves have the best mixes so far imo. Surprised at the OYH video vers, I remember last summer thinking "what the hell, how could they not release an official edit of this?" lol

There are many remixes I don't know yet, and I'm not bothered by the choice they'll make for many songs tbh (mostly the 80s singles, blasphemy right?) I would have preferred the oukanfold mix of AL and GI2M tho and hopefully LAV and MG are not album cuts! Overall super happy with this 

Just feel sorry for my neighbors, they were used to me not turning on the stereo lately, so they'll probably get scared of the whole building shaking on August, oh well 

Scared Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

4 hours ago, Andreo said:

I'm happy about the remixes for Justify My Love (LOVE that bass), Love Profusion, American Life, Impressive Instant and Bedtime Story.

Not too happy with the remixes of Like A Prayer (I prefer the Dance Edit), Express Yourself (7" remix is better) or Give Me All Your Lovin'.

I do have to say that I like the mood of the Erotica remix. :)

1 hour ago, Celebration said:

Not too happy with the remixes of Like A Prayer (I prefer the Dance Edit), Express Yourself (7" remix is better) or Give Me All Your Lovin'.

But Express Yourself (7'' Remix) is the main title of the single and it's almost identical to de album version. It doesn't work as a proper "Remix". The 7'' Remix belongs more to "Celebration", or something similar to GHV2/It's That Girl, than "Finally Enough Love".

56 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

But Express Yourself (7'' Remix) is the main title of the single and it's almost identical to de album version. It doesn't work as a proper "Remix". The 7'' Remix belongs more to "Celebration", or something similar to GHV2/It's That Girl, than "Finally Enough Love".

I know, but it would be nice to have that version on a compilation for a change. The house mix is so... worn out.
The 7" remix is like Local Mix: A helluva banger and deserves a decent chance.

And regarding not being a proper remix and that's why it doesn't belong on FEL: Like A Virgin and Material Girl says hello...