MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, vncsmoraes said:

yeah, but the remixes were sent out to clubs and it got to #1, didn't it?

i mean, it's on the billboard site and everything

or are you speaking only about these two remixes in question that weren't released stateside at all?

I'm talking about "Edit One" and "Edit Two". They weren't released in USA. Only in Europe as B-Side of Rain (and the promotional European vinyl "Rain/Fever") months later. 

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

but that is not the point here. The 7" Remix is the one that was released as a single and still isn’t digitally available anywhere (for whatever reason).

Nowhere does it say that the compilation is bound to the 7” releases. It does say though that it includes Madonnas favorite mixes

Here we go again with the fever edit one and two obsessing 😂😂 don’t you all have these songs already ??? Who cares if it’s not in streaming when we don’t even have album edits on streaming yet let alone remixes to a terrible cheap video like fever ( yes I know my avatar is too but I think the pic is cute ) 

3 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Here we go again with the fever edit one and two obsessing 😂😂 don’t you all have these songs already ??? Who cares if it’s not in streaming when we don’t even have album edits on streaming yet let alone remixes to a terrible cheap video like fever ( yes I know my avatar is too but I think the pic is cute ) 

We know it. You hate Fever Edit One and Two (and the video-clip). We know it. 

megan_540p.gif

The thing is, it's the USA team putting together the digital releases - so things like Fever (Edit One) and the some of the 80s 7" Remixes are UK / Europe. I'm sure they will track them down but if they are just looking at the promo and commercial USA releases it's likely they don't know about them etc 

21 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

All i remember from the 7 inch remix of Open Your heart is that it sucked. It sounds like those fanmade remixes from the early 90's with Linndrum claps added over the album version.

Many europeans knew the song with the claps added (and the bass enhanced), so we love that version and we want that version. Fortunately for you, the album version and the video version are available on digital format. The 7'' Remix is only available on analog format.

25 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Many europeans knew the song with the claps added (and the bass enhanced), so we love that version and we want that version. Fortunately for you, the album version and the video version are available on digital format. The 7'' Remix is only available on analog format.

We ? Honey i'm european too and this was my 7inch, i remember being so disappointed with it, i never played it. I could not care less about not having it digital but hopefully for you it's gonna be on the True Blue newly remastered edition . In my memory what Barbiero and Thomson did to the track made it lifeless. I'm not fond of their remixes (Who's That Girl sounds slower and they ripped off Falco, Over and Over is a headache). They were sound engineers and not DJ's so their remixes were not very dancefloor oriented but more technical. 

41 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

We ? Honey i'm european too and this was my 7inch, I remember being so disappointed with it, i never played it.

Darling, I've said "many europeans" not "all the europeans". Again, you have your adored album version in digital. What's the problem to get the 7'' Remix in digital? The album version won't be erased if Warner give us the 7'' Remix in digital format (the same with Burning Up, Dress You Up, Fever, the unmixed extended versions of YCD, etc, etc, etc, etc).

15 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Darling, I've said "many europeans" not "all the europeans". Again, you have your adored album version in digital. What's the problem to get the 7'' Remix in digital? The album version won't be erased if Warner give us the 7'' Remix in digital format (the same with Burning Up, Dress You Up, Fever, the unmixed extended versions of YCD, etc, etc, etc, etc).

No problem, i wish you get it. 

I wonder if they still have the 7inch masters though especially the ones that never had a digital release before like OYH. 

5 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

The thing is, it's the USA team putting together the digital releases - so things like Fever (Edit One) and the some of the 80s 7" Remixes are UK / Europe. I'm sure they will track them down but if they are just looking at the promo and commercial USA releases it's likely they don't know about them etc 

But for Bedtime Story they included the Lish mixes that were a UK only promo. 
Meanwhile we didn’t get the Rescue Me dubs that are on the US promo. 
I feel like whatever archive they pull from is not sorted by countries but some other system.

I’m pretty sure if we ever get Fever on digital both edits will be on it

21 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I feel like whatever archive they pull from is not sorted by countries but some other system.

You did get them

The Lush remixes can be found on the USA Chapter Two promos https://www.discogs.com/release/454126-Madonna-Bedtime-Story-Chapter-II

The Rescue Me dub versions are on the USA 2 x 12" promo https://www.discogs.com/release/501025-Madonna-Rescue-Me - you'll note that the earlier digital releases contained commercial only 

When Fever was planned for a digital release a while back it only included versions found on the USA commercial and promo releases. I have sent details through re the Edit One / Edit Two since 

4 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

You did get them

The Lush remixes can be found on the USA Chapter Two promos https://www.discogs.com/release/454126-Madonna-Bedtime-Story-Chapter-II

The Rescue Me dub versions are on the USA 2 x 12" promo https://www.discogs.com/release/501025-Madonna-Rescue-Me - you'll note that the earlier digital releases contained commercial only 

When Fever was planned for a digital release a while back it only included versions found on the USA commercial and promo releases. I have sent details through re the Edit One / Edit Two since 

Oh never mind then. I thought they were UK only. 

15 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

When Fever was scheduled to be released digitally Edit One and Edit Two were not on that tracklist but a shit load of promo mixes were on there (i believe the red vinyl promo but don't quote me). And then were also going to get the initial LDLHA maxi with all the club mixes. I'm thinking they have to have it planned for digital deluxe sets a la Garbage but that could also be wishful thinking.

18 minutes ago, Alpha said:

When Fever was scheduled to be released digitally Edit One and Edit Two were not on that tracklist but a shit load of promo mixes were on there (i believe the red vinyl promo but don't quote me). And then were also going to get the initial LDLHA maxi with all the club mixes. I'm thinking they have to have it planned for digital deluxe sets a la Garbage but that could also be wishful thinking.

Yea I forgot about that. Was the remix edit included?

19 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

We ? Honey i'm european too and this was my 7inch, i remember being so disappointed with it, i never played it. I could not care less about not having it digital but hopefully for you it's gonna be on the True Blue newly remastered edition . In my memory what Barbiero and Thomson did to the track made it lifeless. I'm not fond of their remixes (Who's That Girl sounds slower and they ripped off Falco, Over and Over is a headache). They were sound engineers and not DJ's so their remixes were not very dancefloor oriented but more technical. 

This is tea actually. I like the kitchen sink production of the album version. The 7” version of Open Your Heart feels… a bit hollow in places. Love the 12” cause it leans in to the Lonely theme but I don’t think we need that for the 7”. 
The fuller more uplifting sounding version has a more positive feeling whereas the more sparse instrumentation almost provides a backdrop where the lyrics sound a bit creepy psycho stalker like. 
just my hot take 

I mean the video version of Open Your Heart is being included on FEL. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say team USA have a digital file of the Fever edit one as the video is set to it. It’s not like it’s a random mix only included on a tucked away promo like some of the like a prayer mixes that made their way on to streaming or the Love Don’t Live Here Anymore mixes that weren’t even properly released. This is the actual commercial video mix. 

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

Yea I forgot about that. Was the remix edit included?

Found this in the thread here on Infinity when it was first announced 

https://madonna-infinity.net/forums/topic/28417-madonna-fever-love-don’t-live-here-anymore-remixes-on-streaming/?do=findComment&comment=945817

155533055_3710555295700054_3013896594968609270_n.jpg.5c48057003f593df6e3264cf0d934913.jpg

154805912_3710555302366720_6233537511615103253_n.jpg.907d55c7add12860a88eadb273edfb85.jpg

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Interesting. It looks like they just used the US promo since the remix edit and the back to the dub B are missing.

Meanwhile for LDHA we have both the US and the UK promo mixes.