MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

A compilation of 50 #1 is NOTHING???? 

Wow... I'm speechless

I think if Madonna opened the vault tomorrow and released on digital every official song/remix, every demo, every unreleased track/remix, some people would still be bitching! 
“But… where is the LAP Australian radio edit?!?” 😂

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

I think if Madonna opened the vault tomorrow and released on digital every official song/remix, every demo, every unreleased track/remix, some people would still be bitching! 
“But… where is the LAP Australian radio edit?!?” 😂

Where is it though? Huh?!? 

HUH!!!!!

040C17A3-82CA-49F0-9441-B3AD6C90152B.jpeg.045bbd780affaa616df8fcb0d48ea548.jpeg

Where is the Australian edit representation in this northern hemisphere centric forum!?!?? 

2 hours ago, HC Charge said:

I guess he/she meant there is no information about reissues, since it has been almost a year since WB announcement. More info #soon

We have two new "reissues": Who's That Girl/Causing a Commotion Maxi-Single and a compilation with 50 remix/edits. But that is my point of view.  

31 minutes ago, Celebration said:

But those are new releases, not reissues.
They include old material, but are still new releases.

And any "True Blue Deluxe Edition" , "Like A Prayer 40 anniversary boxset" , or "Erotica Expanded Edition" will be classified as "New Release". 

Properly said, a "Reissue" is just to replicate the same album, single, or maxi-single, with the same tracks (maybe with a couple of bonus tracks). Nothing more. 

8 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Anyone else think they'll announce the next release right when FEL deluxe comes out next month? 

Definitely. I hope for a late August/early September announcement and pre-order for an October/November release... “Erotica 30”??? “Madonna” for the 40th anniversary of “Everybody”?

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Definitely. I hope for a late August/early September announcement and pre-order for an October/November release... “Erotica 30”??? “Madonna” for the 40th anniversary of “Everybody”?

Exactly. Erotica makes the most sense for October release since it's the anniversary. Didn't the press release for FEL say there are more releases coming later this year? 

5 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Exactly. Erotica makes the most sense for October release since it's the anniversary. Didn't the press release for FEL say there are more releases coming later this year? 

It did, yes. Something is coming right after “FEL”, at least an announcement, I think.

4 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

We have two new "reissues": Who's That Girl/Causing a Commotion Maxi-Single and a compilation with 50 remix/edits. But that is my point of view.  

Maybe you could argue WTG was a reissue at a push, although I wouldn't personally. But Finally Enough Love can't be classed as a reissue at all, I mean, there's no previous album it could be a reissue of. 

1 hour ago, FameForLove said:

Maybe you could argue WTG was a reissue at a push, although I wouldn't personally. But Finally Enough Love can't be classed as a reissue at all, I mean, there's no previous album it could be a reissue of. 

You are missing the point of this debate. You don't want reissues. You want expanded/deluxe albums with new material (remixes, edits, demos, etc). And you can't call them "reissues". They would be new releases, like the new Who's That Girl/Causing a Commotion maxi or Finally Enough Love.

9 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

You are missing the point of this debate. You don't want reissues. You want expanded/deluxe albums with new material (remixes, edits, demos, etc). And you can't call them "reissues". They would be new releases, like the new Who's That Girl/Causing a Commotion maxi or Finally Enough Love.

Lol, you're the one that said they were reissues

"We have two new "reissues": Who's That Girl/Causing a Commotion Maxi-Single and a compilation with 50 remix/edits."

And I haven't asked for anything, you're mixing me up with someone else. 

On 7/2/2022 at 5:59 AM, Aiwa08 said:

A compilation of 50 #1 is NOTHING???? 

Wow... I'm speechless

FEL is not a reissue, but a new release, like You can Dance remix compilation was in 1987. Where is, at least, one of the deluxe editions of her landmark albums? That's what I'm talking about. At least, one info what we can expect about the deluxe editions of her previous albuns. 

5 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Reissue. Maybe if the vinyl or the CD have a couple of bonus tracks you could classed them as "new release".

You don't know what you're taking about. A repress is an identical 'repress' of a previous release, same pressing plant, labels, sleeve etc. 

6 hours ago, lap said:

FEL is not a reissue, but a new release, like You can Dance remix compilation was in 1987. Where is, at least, one of the deluxe editions of her landmark albums? That's what I'm talking about. At least, one info what we can expect about the deluxe editions of her previous albuns. 

It’s a new release with remixes already released in the last 40 years (promotional or commercially). So it’s also a repack of something that it’s not new like an expended version of LAP will be in a way even with demos and stuff. This is part of the reissue campaign like The Who’s That Girl/Causing EP as both are under Warner. 
You Cand Dance had all brand new remixes (aside from Physical Attraction) and a new song. It was a different thing. 

6 hours ago, lap said:

I'm not sure why you feel the way you do however you can take comfort in the fact Warner catalogue reissue is well under way with the RSD Who's That Girl (Super Club Mix) EP and the two FEL albums. You can expect further announcements after FEL is released  - until then you will just have to be patient.