MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MattyMads said:

We've had quite a bit already in 2022

Who's that girl Vinyl 

Frozen remixes

Singles on Streaming

FEL

RH Tour Vinyl in September

I'm not sure about you but I'm not rich and need to build my wallet up so happy for delay in announcement for more stuff

Same. I hope we do not get anymore than 2 reissues per year (if they are box sets.) They also give no warning with these things, if you didn't have the spare $300 ready and armed you missed on FEL 6LP for example.

5 hours ago, MattyMads said:

We've had quite a bit already in 2022

Who's that girl Vinyl 

Frozen remixes

Singles on Streaming

FEL

RH Tour Vinyl in September

I'm not sure about you but I'm not rich and need to build my wallet up so happy for delay in announcement for more stuff

That’s nothing compared to other legacy artists - look at those amazing Prince box sets for a start and we got unreleased demos and a full concert 

M s stuff so far has just been re issues and dumping stuff on streaming - hardly a big stretch of work on her behalf 

14 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

That’s nothing compared to other legacy artists - look at those amazing Prince box sets for a start and we got unreleased demos and a full concert 

M s stuff so far has just been re issues and dumping stuff on streaming - hardly a big stretch of work on her behalf 

I would say though that WTG EP, FEL & RHT are new releases and not re-issues even that damn awful Frozen remix was a new release.

FEL  hasn't even been released yet I think people need to be patient because if she was put out multiple releases especially box sets at high prices because we know they wont be cheap, people would still be moaning that it's too much and expensive. We all know how expensive the FEL 6lp set was Imagine if there was an Erotica and First album boxset released at the same time? there's more chance of those releases falling into scalpers hands to be sold at inflated prices.

The longer we wait the better chance of the content than a half arsed release to make a load of money out of the fans.

36 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Well up to now I have 1 12'' from RSD longing for a lot more..

43 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

OK but Prince's vault of unreleased material can not be compared to Madonna or any other artist. Plus he's dead, so he can't decide what is released and what not. A Super Deluxe Edition with 2 discs full of unreleased songs and demos... It's not realistic to expect nothing like that from Madonna, she probably don't even have that many per album, to begin with.

The first studio album reissue will be the real proof of what to expect and how far she's willing to go with the unreleased stuff. So let's wait and see. :cute:

11 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

She is the director though, no other co-director has been announced 

That doesn't mean they won't give her a strict deadline. Directors don't have that much freedom schedule-wise. The producers and the movie company call the shots and can override the director. If Madonna drags her feet during post production then trust me, they will send someone else in to finish the editing. 

Directors can even be fired and replaced mid way through shooting.  Principal photography for Sola: A Star Wars Story began in January 2017 at Pinewood Studios in England, with directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Both were fired in June 2017 following "creative differences" with Lucasfilm, and Ron Howard was hired as their replacement.

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Newsflash. The biopic is NOT FOR THE HARDCORE FANS LIKE US. It’s for GEEma PEEma and the great unwashed. The locals and regular folkals. 
sorry bout it 

Exactly. Madonna fans will have meltdowns when they see that all the details are exaggerated, timelines are changed and some parts are just completely made up for effect (just like every biopic.) Oh and it won’t be out next year just because fans want it to coincide with an anniversary lol

6 hours ago, steady75 said:

Newsflash. The biopic is NOT FOR THE HARDCORE FANS LIKE US. It’s for GEEma PEEma and the great unwashed. The locals and regular folkals. 
sorry bout it 

Imagine releasing a biopic aimed at the general public when they absolutely despise you.

13 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

There’s a huge difference between an estate handling reissues and an artist curating it. Artists are generally more selective and partial to what’s being release because of their personal connection to the projects. The estate just puts it all out there indiscriminately to make as much money as possible.

And you're singling out Prince. But what about Michael Jackson. His releases have been severely botched to the point where they’re comical. 

I’d rather they take the time they need (a year, two, four…) and get some definite expanded reissues, impeccably mastered and produced, with well curated bonus content, rather than throw the kitchen sink at us and get an average quality product Rhino often puts out. 

3 hours ago, madgefan said:

Dramatic much? We do know the GP fills the stadiums whenever Madonna tours so...

She has not done a stadium tour in awhile at this point, back then she still had some credibility. No way in hell she would be able to fill stadiums anymore unless it was advertised as some kind of farewell playing greatest hits. Besides, a successful biopic is entirely different than filling a stadium so your point is irrelevant to begin with.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

With tickets priced between £50- 80 Madonna could fill a stadium three times over. But she won’t because Mama is the original Material Gworl. 

This. It would be so good for her image to do a good, feel-good, fun show at reasonable prices to get as much exposure as possible. Instead she charges hundreds of dollars and pisses off those who do pay to see her lol

16 hours ago, Robertthenurse said:

RH Tour on Vinyl? Is that even official? Wasn't that a fan made thing? I could use an official wall art...kinda like the ones she released during Confessions. My bf at the time wouldn't buy me one ;)

Rebel Heart Tour https://amzn.eu/d/6536Saf

It’s definitely official, you can preorder on Amazon