MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

No, they shouldn't release a deluxe edition of MDNA at all :)

Lol you think a collection of covers would be incoherent but you would put Behind the bars on MDNA 

7 hours ago, rescueme said:

to be fair, they could ditch about 8 of the tracks and just release a decent EP with the rest on ;)

Facts! Half of the album is her worst material ever. I don’t even know the names to some of the tracks :dead:

MDNA EP:

1. Girl Gone Wild

2. Gang Bang

3. I’m Addicted

4. Masterpiece

5. Beautiful Killer

6. Falling Free (just cause all you fuckers love this song)

7. Love Spent (Bonus Track)

18 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Facts! Half of the album is her worst material ever. I don’t even know the names to some of the tracks :dead:

MDNA EP:

1. Girl Gone Wild

2. Gang Bang

3. I’m Addicted

4. Masterpiece

5. Beautiful Killer

I'd swap Gang Bang for Bang Bang and I'm A Dickhead for Some Girls but other than that spot on ;) x

2 hours ago, Shoful said:

MDNA EP:

1. Girl Gone Wild

2. Gang Bang

3. I’m Addicted

4. Masterpiece

5. Beautiful Killer

Not a "B-Day Song" fan? Lol why not?

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

Don't worry. Many of us love MDNA. :hug:

My only wish is that she would've promoted it. So many tracks could've and should've been singles. It was also a back to form for her since so many fans HATED Hard Candy, the videos the artwork etc and how many fans hated the video for Celebration...MDNA was just wow...all the videos were great, the shoots were amazing yet none were utilized for magazine covers or anything. The singles also only showed one aspect of the album when it had alot of great personal moments.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

My only wish is that she would've promoted it. So many tracks could've and should've been singles. It was also a back to form for her since so many fans HATED Hard Candy, the videos the artwork etc and how many fans hated the video for Celebration...MDNA was just wow...all the videos were great, the shoots were amazing yet none were utilized for magazine covers or anything. The singles also only showed one aspect of the album when it had alot of great personal moments.

For me, "MDNA" and "Hard Candy" are albums where I prefer the non-single tracks to the singles released. I mean, I love a lot of tracks that aren't singles from the other albums, but the singles (and remixes) are usually better.

27 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

For me, "MDNA" and "Hard Candy" are albums where I prefer the non-single tracks to the singles released. I mean, I love a lot of tracks that aren't singles from the other albums, but the singles (and remixes) are usually better.

Well the trouble is that there were only 3! And it felt like they gave up completely after 4 Minutes for the tour. 

Every Madonna album is an era not only for Madonna but for me. My Madonna eras help me remember where I was; what I was doing; who I was "doing" in life. Every Madonna era from 1998 was a new Man lol until my most recent soul mate. Madonna is my History lesson and biography lol 

19 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Every Madonna album is an era not only for Madonna but for me. My Madonna eras help me remember where I was; what I was doing; who I was "doing" in life. Every Madonna era from 1998 was a new Man lol until my most recent soul mate. Madonna is my History lesson and biography lol 

Right? 

It's also how I keep track of time. " This happened in 2017" 'Ah, yes, the Harper's Bazaar photoshoot year"

6 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Right? 

It's also how I keep track of time. " This happened in 2017" 'Ah, yes, the Harper's Bazaar photoshoot year"

I do the same, I always take the albums in consideration as time measures and I even think "wow, it's unbelievable that this happened during that Era" with events being totally unrelated to her LOL 

23 hours ago, steady75 said:

I'm not sure about the notion that she was everywhere in the period leading up to Erotica.

Oh, believe me, she was everywhere until Erotica. I remember that period like a roller coaster: Like A Prayer-Express Yourself-Cherish-Oh Father-Vogue-I'm Breathless-Blond Ambition Tour-Immaculate Collection-Justify My Love-Rescue Me-Truth or Dare-A league of their own-This used to be my playground-Sex-Erotica.... without pause. It was similar to the period between 1985-1987.

But after Sex and Erotica, well, you know the story with the hate and haters.

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Oh, believe me, she was everywhere until Erotica. I remember that period like a roller coaster: Like A Prayer-Express Yourself-Cherish-Oh Father-Vogue-I'm Breathless-Blond Ambition Tour-Immaculate Collection-Justify My Love-Rescue Me-Truth or Dare-A league of their own-This used to be my playground-Sex-Erotica.... without pause. It was similar to the period between 1985-1987.

But after Sex and Erotica, well, you know the story with the hate and haters.

Yes she was in 89-90 as I said. Justify My Love was her last single proper in Nov 1990. Rescue Me was only shunted out with a hodge podge video because radio didn't really take to Justify in the first instance,  So in nearly two years Nov 1990 - Oct 1992 there was pretty much radio black out. Which is the reason Warner UK were so desperate that they re-released Holiday for a third time and Crazy For You for a second time to keep radio momentum. They knew nothing was coming down the line for a good while. Dick Tracy was released by Xmas 90 on home video so that was all wrapped up and done by new year too, T

We got the soundtrack single (TUTBMP) as a trolldonna "Vaseline lens nicely nicely" mature pop star a couple of months before the filth of Erotica launched in October. Summer 91-summer 92 was like 1988  all over again. The great Madonna drought part two. 

On 7/14/2022 at 7:18 PM, Shoful said:

MDNA EP:

1. Girl Gone Wild

2. Gang Bang

3. I’m Addicted

4. Masterpiece

5. Beautiful Killer

Same goes for Madame X 🤪🤪

9 hours ago, steady75 said:

Yes she was in 89-90 as I said. Justify My Love was her last single proper in Nov 1990. Rescue Me was only shunted out with a hodge podge video because radio didn't really take to Justify in the first instance,  So in nearly two years Nov 1990 - Oct 1992 there was pretty much radio black out. Which is the reason Warner UK were so desperate that they re-released Holiday for a third time and Crazy For You for a second time to keep radio momentum. They knew nothing was coming down the line for a good while. Dick Tracy was released by Xmas 90 on home video so that was all wrapped up and done by new year too, T

We got the soundtrack single (TUTBMP) as a trolldonna "Vaseline lens nicely nicely" mature pop star a couple of months before the filth of Erotica launched in October. Summer 91-summer 92 was like 1988  all over again. The great Madonna drought part two. 

Justify My Love was all over the radio in 1990 in the US. I heard it all the time. 

Just came across this article from 2011 from Madonnatribe. Interesting to read that Warner’s were planning to release the WHOLE Virgin Tour concert on DVD, so it must be in their archives. Exciting stuff! 

http://www.madonnatribe.com/decade/2011/here-come-virgin-tour-blond-ambition-and-girlie-show/

2 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

Just came across this article from 2011 from Madonnatribe. Interesting to read that Warner’s were planning to release the WHOLE Virgin Tour concert on DVD, so it must be in their archives. Exciting stuff! 

http://www.madonnatribe.com/decade/2011/here-come-virgin-tour-blond-ambition-and-girlie-show/

Then I see no reason why the whole Virgin show shouldn't appear in the deluxe edition of Like A Virgin. :)