MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Roy said:

Oh wow. I wonder why...

She went to France on the promise that producers would make her a huge star.  Though, it didn't pan out as she hoped.  She did these back up vocals for Otto Von Wernherr because she needed money.  Included tracks called "Wild Dancing", "We are The God", "On the Street", "Time to Dance", "Cosmic Climb" and there varied remixes.  They are an easy find on youtube.  Her vocals are quite intriguing as much as bazaar. 

7 minutes ago, Ch3rish said:

She went to France on the promise that producers would make her a huge star.  Though, it didn't pan out as she hoped.  She did these back up vocals for Otto Von Wernherr because she needed money.  Included tracks called "Wild Dancing", "We are The God", "On the Street", "Time to Dance", "Cosmic Climb" and there varied remixes.  They are an easy find on youtube.  Her vocals are quite intriguing as much as bazaar. 

But the songs... :dead:

All I can say is that she needed the money.

1 minute ago, Roy said:

But the songs... :dead:

All I can say is that she needed the money.

Yeah, they only came to light once she was popular.  I'm not even sure if it was released prior to that.  There have been multiple and varied releases of those songs, using different early 80's Madonna photos.  And yes, the songs are quite bananas.  LOL!

23 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

My prediction is the next announcment will be one of the special releases instead of a album reissue 

I thought Finally Enough Love is one of those "special releases"?  Remember this came about after the announcement of the reissues. 

1 hour ago, Ch3rish said:

I thought Finally Enough Love is one of those "special releases"?  Remember this came about after the announcement of the reissues. 

The RSD Who's That Girl (Super Club Mix) 12" EP was the first special release

The two FEL collections are considered compilations.

An upcoming special release might be something like Everybody on various formats for the 40th anniversary for example

5 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

My prediction is the next announcment will be one of the special releases instead of a album reissue 

Perhaps the album reissues will start in July next year to coincide with the debut album’s 40th anniversary? I have to say, I do think this reissue deal was announced way too early. It was announced twelve months ago now, and the first special release we got was in April. I think it would have been better to have made the announcement in March of this year perhaps. It’s been a long wait and we still haven’t got a deluxe album reissue, which is what we want. 

Edited by RyanUK (see edit history)

27 minutes ago, RyanUK said:

Perhaps the album reissues will start in July next year to coincide with the debut album’s 40th anniversary? I have to say, I do think this reissue deal was announced way too early. It was announced twelve months ago now, and the first special release we got was in April. I think it would have been better to have made the announcement in March of this year perhaps. It’s been a long wait and we still haven’t got a deluxe album reissue, which is what we want. 

They are 12 months into the deal now so it's possible they have organised some vinyl pressings for later this year or early next year with the 6 month delay on pressings. My guess would be the 40th anniversary of her music and Everybody is up next followed by the first of album reissues early next year - which could be a number of albums - Erotica 30 Ray Of Light 25 Madonna 40 etc

1 hour ago, GregVsMatt said:

They are 12 months into the deal now so it's possible they have organised some vinyl pressings for later this year or early next year with the 6 month delay on pressings. My guess would be the 40th anniversary of her music and Everybody is up next followed by the first of album reissues early next year - which could be a number of albums - Erotica 30 Ray Of Light 25 Madonna 40 etc

Ah yes, I’d forgotten about the vinyl delays. Next year would make more sense with those anniversaries 

Everybody is the logical special release. 
I mean I’d gag for an Erotica album release but I think they’re gonna wait. Everybody featuring Britney would be a good fit. A standard vinyl reissue would seem a bit basic. I’m more interested in a comprehensive digital EP and a new dance remix from Honey Dijon. Everybody has that sort of dubby energy that Honey could really work with and bring to life. 

I wonder if we’ll see Madonna try and position Like A Prayer as a Christmas type of single. (Which is always should have been really IMO). The business woman in her must look at Mariahs annual returns and take pause.
Xmas coin is evergreen and Madonna really doesn’t have an iron in the fire. Santa Baby is not her song and the Kylie version has become the dominant version. 

Like A Prayer winter edition is a cute bit of marketing especially as it has a religious theme anyway. 

Gimme an all choir version and Madonna on a fuckin donkey in grillz  throwing dollars at the manger. 

Camp

The vinyl album reissues are gonna have to have something extra to make them get snapped up. Literally every Madonna album is seemingly available everywhere to buy on both  CD and vinyl apart from Hard Candy MDNA & Rebel Heart. (Which aren’t really the ones the GP are interested in let’s be honest)

I’m guessing they’ll all have new artworks.

The way I would jump at buying this as the LAV vinyl in a New York minute 

image.thumb.jpeg.cdcf300210b272f2a288a10ed3d16eb9.jpeg

The original artwork colouring was so utterly stunning I have no idea why they went with sepia tones. I’ve never really loved it. I suppose they made the pictures feel a bit dirtier and less Shiny & New, especially the back cover which looks like a seedy motel. Maybe they also though they fit the slight Motown era feel they were going for.