MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

3 hours ago, evolution said:

Did you notice in that Q&A posted she referenced SEX a lot and erotica sound bytes were played a lot?  I am hoping she does a collectors edition of SEX with unreleased photos like Warner wanted her to do years ago 

How many more photos of her pussy and tits do we need ? 🙄 considering it nearly killed her career I don’t think it needs a revisit - you guys are reading way too much into the sex comments. She’s obviously just being cheeky 🥰

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

How many more photos of her pussy and tits do we need ? 🙄 considering it nearly killed her career I don’t think it needs a revisit - you guys are reading way too much into the sex comments. She’s obviously just being cheeky 🥰

Lol the SEX book is the best side project of her career. And I agree it shouldn’t be revisited since it’s perfect.

But it should be re-released with a few art prints that are outtakes from the book and a 7” instead of the CD.

13 minutes ago, Jet said:

A nice glossy coffee table book version 

Please no glossy. We already have the Japanese version that’s glossy and it sucks

I think more or less the same. "Sex" was incredible in 1992, but for me, what made it so special was the time and the way it was  made. It was 1992, Madonna was THE STAR. After "Vogue", "The Immaculate Collection", "Blond Ambition Tour" and even "This used to be my playground" nobody was ready for this. It was like "You have it all and decide to make something like this? You want to finish your career?" And she said "Yes, let's do it". I think nobody has made something so risky in history. It wasn't like when Penhouse bought her naked pictures. This was her (not others) who decided to make it. We were lucky enough that she's still here as the star that she is and that we had incredible moments after that. I think that for most of the people the problem was that she ones the one that made the choice and saw her more "dangerous" than what they thought.

Now if they re-release the book I don't think it will get such attention. I mean, of course fans will go crazy and buy it and will be a "success" but the original will be the one remembered so, why touch it? When I talk with people and I say I'm a Madonna collector the first question is always "Do you have the "Sex" book?". If they re-release it I think it would lost part of its magic and its meaning.

Other thing is to make some merchandising to celebrate the anniversary. A pillow with an outtake, a candel with the "X" on it, a lithograph or something like that :P

I’m starting to wonder if we are going to get physical media for the Everybody and Erotica anniversaries. I know her press release for Finally Enough Love stated to look out for surprises around the anniversary of her 40th year in music, but I think it’s a bit late now. Everybody’s anniversary is October 6th, which is four weeks away and Erotica is 20th October. I would have thought we would have had preorders up by now. ☹️

1 hour ago, RyanUK said:

I’m starting to wonder if we are going to get physical media for the Everybody and Erotica anniversaries. I know her press release for Finally Enough Love stated to look out for surprises around the anniversary of her 40th year in music, but I think it’s a bit late now. Everybody’s anniversary is October 6th, which is four weeks away and Erotica is 20th October. I would have thought we would have had preorders up by now. ☹️

Maybe that’s when the pre-orders will be announced?

4 hours ago, RyanUK said:

The projects are planned for the next 18 months or so and have been in progress for a while - eg Finally Enough Love was started over a year ago so it may not be a case of pre-orders, the announcements of any upcoming anniversary items could come around the time of the anniversary etc 

3 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

The projects are planned for the next 18 months or so and have been in progress for a while - eg Finally Enough Love was started over a year ago so it may not be a case of pre-orders, the announcements of any upcoming anniversary items could come around the time of the anniversary etc 

TELL US EVERYTHING YOU KNOW😭

17 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Also if true (but the catalog number was) the Erotica Picture Disc is ready to go. 

The 40 years career anniversary officially started in 1983 with the first album release (more consistent than the release of the 1st single). So if they celebrate her album catalogue, the campaign should start in 2023 - it's not aimed at singles reissues, but albums. The press release said "expect more surprises to be revealed (NOT RELEASED) later this year around the celebration of Madonna’s 40 years in music" (OCTOBER). I read all this way.

17 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Does this mean that all planned reissued will be released within the next 18 months?

11 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

It probably means we will find out about the next re-issue in 18 months LOL

#soon

Honestly, I don't think Madonna met Nile Rodgers just for a single roller skating event. They must have talked about a revamped version of Like A Virgin. We know this woman won't waste her time.

22 minutes ago, madgefan said:

#soon

Honestly, I don't think Madonna met Nile Rodgers just for a single roller skating event. They must have talked about a revamped version of Like A Virgin. We know this woman won't waste her time.

I think the same... For the first re-release I think the best thing would be start with a hit album full of hits. For  the general public the 80's were the best Madonna. So fans will buy "Erotica", "I'm Breathless" but for the general public they need something big to start. I think "Like a virgin" has it all. You can add songs like "Crazy for you", "Gambler" and "Into The Groove" as recordings of that era. Add demos of unreleased songs like "Warning signs", "Desperately seeking Susan" or even "Sidewalk Talk" sang by her and demos of the released songs. If I'm not wrong Nile Rodgers made some remixes for the singles that never were released... Add to all of it a Blu-ray with all the official videos, performance of Like a virgin from Japan, or MTV or TOTP with "The Virgin Tour" (and if it was possible the Keith Haring Paradise Garden celebration with "Like a virgin" and "Dress you up") and I'm sure all the fans would be incredibly happy (Well, not all, I'm sure some would be like "I hate it, is all wrong as always").

What I don't want is a limited pre-order like the "Finally Enough Love". That day was impossible to me to make a pre-order and it's ok if you see that all the copies were bought by fans but when you see one person selling two or three copies with very explensive prices is like "Why? I'm a fan, I want to give my money to Madonna, not the resellers". So better a "Pre-order from this day to this one" without having a limit of copies.

17 hours ago, chaseturtle said:

I wonder when she posted the clip of her listening to old cassettes of songs we never knew about is when she was planning for the reissues.  She posted a clip of a song "When I'm Dreaming" or something along the lines.  Makes me wonder if we will get unreleased things we never even knew existed?

Also let’s not forget about the insta story where she was visiting her archives. She probably went in there to dig for unreleased material.