MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, xavier said:

Madonna has now surpassed 10 BILLION global streams (Spotify + YouTube)

— She is the first female artist debuting in the 1980's to reach this milestone.

Why is she so low in current streaming numbers though ? Isn’t she like 150 or something in the list ? Not that I care much about streaming 

The fact that Ariana has 10 billion streams over about 6 of her songs compared to moms 500+ tracks
🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃
Mom ain’t never catching up. But that’s ok. 
She has the 80’s 90’s 00’s in sales tho but when you see things like this you can really see just how damaging the shift of metrics in the industry was to her visibility and status at the top. 

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

The fact that Ariana has 10 billion streams over about 6 of her songs compared to moms 500+ tracks
🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃
Mom ain’t never catching up. But that’s ok. 
She has the 80’s 90’s 00’s in sales tho but when you see things like this you can really see just how damaging the shift of metrics in the industry was to her visibility and status at the top. 

Well Madonna is still around after 40 years and can sell an album with old remixes with virtually no promotion. I seriously doubt Ariana will have any achievements 30 years from now or that anyone will care about the few songs that got all the streams. 
Physical media is making a comeback and it’s way more lucrative financially than streaming. So at the end of the day I think she’s still winning. 

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Well Madonna is still around after 40 years and can sell an album with old remixes with virtually no promotion. I seriously doubt Ariana will have any achievements 30 years from now or that anyone will care about the few songs that got all the streams. 
Physical media is making a comeback and it’s way more lucrative financially than streaming. So at the end of the day I think she’s still winning. 

She's Madonna. In the end, she's always gonna win. :kissy:

8 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Why is she so low in current streaming numbers though ? Isn’t she like 150 or something in the list ? Not that I care much about streaming 

Well, it took Warner (by not caring) and Intescope (by sabotaging) and Madonna herself (by caring more about latin f*ckboy d*ck)  years of hard work to trash her streams , Emily got to be where she is thanks to genius moves in decreasing Madonna's numbers  in every new metric, can we say Iconic!

:lord::Madonna027:

23 minutes ago, Ian said:

Well, it took Warner (by not caring) and Intescope (by sabotaging) and Madonna herself (by caring more about latin f*ckboy d*ck)  years of hard work to trash her streams , Emily got to be where she is thanks to genius moves in decreasing Madonna's numbers  in every new metric, can we say Iconic!

:lord::Madonna027:

Well Mariah Carey had a huge push on streaming a few years ahead of Madonna. Yet her overall numbers and the success of her latest projects are comparable or lower than Madonna’s. 

6 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

nnn don't do me like this. I'm coming for the industry not M hen

5 hours ago, Ian said:

Mariah only cares about Xmas, she's defrosting right now as we speak :fire:

She supervised the streaming release campaign herself. Making sure all the tracks are there and all the covers look their best. 
I’m not a huge fan of hers but she put a lot of effort in it herself. And it did help with making her more relevant and cool, but that didn’t up her numbers in a competitive way with the “streaming artists”.

People here keep trying to find excuses. But the fact is that it’s very hard for an artist Madonna’s age to achieve more than she already does. 
Interscope didn’t try to sabotage her. They just understood there’s no potential in her new music so they just focused their efforts on the touring. 

15 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

People here keep trying to find excuses. But the fact is that it’s very hard for an artist Madonna’s age to achieve more than she already does. 
Interscope didn’t try to sabotage her. They just understood there’s no potential in her new music so they just focused their efforts on the touring. 

Rebel Heart is her only decent album since Confessions but yeah I suppose we can just say the decline of her career is all due to ageism if its an easier narrative pill for the fans to swallow.

2 hours ago, Enlightened Commenter said:

Rebel Heart is her only decent album since Confessions but yeah I suppose we can just say the decline of her career is all due to ageism if its an easier narrative pill for the fans to swallow.

Well I would disagree about Rebel Heart. 
If we’re talking strictly commercial her career has been slowly declining since 1992 with spikes here and there. I think True Blue was the last album that generates more than one number one hit in relevant markets. 
But we have to look at it in the big picture not strictly by charts and streaming numbers. 
And in the big picture she kept her relevance in the music industry very well. And she seems to be going up since her lowest commercial point which is Madame X. She might even be able to spawn another number one hit soon. 

11 hours ago, heikeeduardo said:

She is??

For sure. FEL is a commercial success, her streaming numbers have increased dramatically, she gets much better media coverage, YouTube reaction video creators have embraced her. 
I think she’s on the right track

1 minute ago, thegoldencalf said:

For sure. FEL is a commercial success, her streaming numbers have increased dramatically, she gets much better media coverage, YouTube reaction video creators have embraced her. 
I think she’s on the right track

Plus, people on Twitter who aren't casual fans of her are digging the remix album, even going as far as buying them. :D

Personally, the 50-track deluxe album doesn't feel long despite of the monstrous 3 1/2 hour runtime. I don't know if that makes sense. :laughing: