MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

On 9/5/2022 at 3:08 AM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

if that's true then why did we get erotica merch in 2017. There was a necklace, bed set and a leather bracelet among other items if I recall

Yes there was but I am speaking about sex itself she refused to do a 25 year anniversary of the book. Warner wanted her to rerelease it with unseen photos. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/5/2022 at 2:14 AM, deathproof said:

When did she say this?!

I remember that story but I think it was more a "fan desire" than reallity. It was said that Warner wanted to make a 25 anniversary of the book with outtakes. Who said that? Nobody knows... When it wasn't released people said "Madonna didn't want to do it" but I never heard Madonna saying that, the same way I can remember Warner announcing they wanted to do it.

6 minutes ago, scamper said:

I remember that story but I think it was more a "fan desire" than reallity. It was said that Warner wanted to make a 25 anniversary of the book with outtakes. Who said that? Nobody knows... When it wasn't released people said "Madonna didn't want to do it" but I never heard Madonna saying that, the same way I can remember Warner announcing they wanted to do it.

I mean, her during the Madame X Film Q&A saying that she's down for a SEX book sequel may show that she's willing to do something about the book. It's iconic, one-of-a-kind and a trailblazing moment for her. :D

Interscope didnt sabotage her but when you look at what they brought to the table in terms of managing her albums and singles that period  was a million miles behind Warner. If Madonna left because she had been unhappy, (largely it seems with budgets and single treatments) Then where did Warner make that happen?

Every campaign was bungled til Madame X. Where M took the Beyonce / Janet route and filmed all the videos ahead of schedule. 

Three singles from a 16 track 25 track album? Where is the range? Where is the ambition? Where is the showing the general public the breadth of music on those albums? Singles are designed to promote and album and fans want a complete era. 

Not a single remix of any album tracks for any of the Interscope eras to even push to clubs. Their first two  eras were stingy and measley and as a fan it was like "oh is that it".

I'll forever be salty that

• Love Spent,
  • I'm A Sinner
  • Gang Bang
  • Rebel Heart,
  • Devil Pray,
  • Body Shop,
  • Unapologetic Bitch.
  • Iconic

weren't singles. 

I get that she was moving on from Warner at the time of Hard Candy and we got two and a half singles and Beat Goes On was left to flounder (another Blunder) 

but there was zero excuse to let MDNA and Rebel Heart rot. It's really short sighted. All that effort on Rebel Heart and album and they couldn't even bring themselves to release the title track? Weird.

and before any one mentions Masterpiece, Superstar and Hold Tight. regional afterthoughts ain't it. 

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Interscope didnt sabotage her but when you look at what they brought to the table in terms of managing her albums and singles that period  was a million miles behind Warner. If Madonna left because she had been unhappy, (largely it seems with budgets and single treatments) Then where did Warner make that happen?

Every campaign was bungled til Madame X. Where M took the Beyonce / Janet route and filmed all the videos ahead of schedule. 

Three singles from a 16 track 25 track album? Where is the range? Where is the ambition? Where is the showing the general public the breadth of music on those albums? Singles are designed to promote and album and fans want a complete era. 

Not a single remix of any album tracks for any of the Interscope eras to even push to clubs. Their first two  eras were stingy and measley and as a fan it was like "oh is that it".

• Love Spent,
  • I'm A Sinner
  • Gang Bang
  • Rebel Heart,
  • Devil Pray,
  • Body Shop,
  • Unapologetic Bitch.
  • Iconic

weren't singles. 

I get that she was moving on from Warner at the time of Hard Candy and we got two and a half singles and Beat Goes On was left to flounder (another Blunder) 

but there was zero excuse to let MDNA and Rebel Heart rot. It's really short sighted. All that effort on Rebel Heart and album and they couldn't even bring themselves to release the title track? Weird.

and before any one mentions Masterpiece, Superstar and Hold Tight. regional afterthoughts ain't it. 

MDNA and RH are my two big favorite shoulda-coulda-woulda "what if?..." eras. The songs are there. I go back to them more often than Madame Zzz.

Why are people on here still flogging the interscope vs Warner debate - there’s nothing we can do about those years and irrespective of whether you think interscope did or did not enough promo all boils down to the fact that those albums with them just weren’t up to par in most fans opinions - you also have to take into account her age and the fact that radio shunned her

all we can hope for now is that Warner’s and M finally give us enough love on these special edition albums if they ever got off theyr asses and announce the first one so we can at least see what the blue print will be for these legacy releases - she does seem to be going off a tangent though what with those frozen and now dreadful hung up remix 🥹

On 9/7/2022 at 7:13 AM, steady75 said:

• Love Spent,
  • I'm A Sinner
  • Gang Bang
  • Rebel Heart,
  • Devil Pray,
  • Body Shop,
  • Unapologetic Bitch.
  • Iconic

weren't singles. 

We can’t really say because we don’t work in music marketing and we don’t have the data that they’ve been working off.

To me it just seems like Interscope were more practical than Warner and didn’t want to invest in what wouldn’t sell. 

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

We can’t really say because we don’t work in music marketing and we don’t have the data that they’ve been working off.

To me it just seems like Interscope were more practical than Warner and didn’t want to invest in what wouldn’t sell. 

Interscope were not investing in anything because they weren't her label, they were just distributing what Madonna's team told them to distribute. Her label was Live Nation

18 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Interscope were not investing in anything because they weren't her label, they were just distributing what Madonna's team told them to distribute. Her label was Live Nation

This. Interscope did nothing for her, just distribution. They didn't properly promoted any of the singles besides the launch with "Luvin'" and the radio deal (thanks to that she was Top 10 in the US). Apart from that, it was a total disaster.

23 minutes ago, Prayer said:

This. Interscope did nothing for her, just distribution. They didn't properly promoted any of the singles besides the launch with "Luvin'" and the radio deal (thanks to that she was Top 10 in the US). Apart from that, it was a total disaster.

In other words, Interscope is trash.

At least Warner Records now is giving her the care she deserves with FEL still going strong.

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

This is a big misconception amongst Madonna fans. A “distribution only” deal isn’t really thing. She signed a 3 album deal with Interscope in 2011, and earned “a base of $1 million per record.”

Thats what was reported in every news outlet back in 2011.

Whatever the deal was, was small, but covered more than just distribution.

Dont forget that it was Interscope that pushed Madonna to work with almost everyone involved on Rebel Heart.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

To say they did nothing for her would be a lie tho. Don’t forget that despite the Rebel leakgate and unfortunate early release of the 6 track sampler in Dec 2014, Interscope still went forward with the already planned Valentines Day weekend radio promo for Living for Love, they also did a radio push for Ghosttown on Adult Contemporary radio.

Let’s face it, The money and promo Univeral spends on the likes of Selenda Gomez, Billie Eilish, Gaga, and Taylor Swift, surely wasn’t the same for Madonna.  

5 minutes ago, deathproof said:

To say they did nothing for her would be a lie tho. Don’t forget that despite the Rebel leakgate and unfortunate early release of the 6 track sampler in Dec 2014, Interscope still went forward with the already planned Valentines Day weekend radio promo for Living for Love, they also did a radio push for Ghosttown on Adult Contemporary radio.

Let’s face it, The money and promo Univeral spends on the likes of Selenda Gomez, Billie Eilish, Gaga, and Taylor Swift, surely wasn’t the same for Madonna.  

Let's say they did "the bare minimum". It's true they pushed some songs on radio (also "Crave") but apart from that they didn't invest much on her. Which makes sense cause she was never a priority for them, anyway.

Well, just the picture disc, it seems, no album reissue?

Madonna_Erotica_PicDisc_FullFront_2048x.

https://s.warnermusic.com.au/collections/madonna/products/erotica-30th-anniversary-picture-disc

Madonna’s groundbreaking fifth studio album, EROTICA, will celebrate its 30th anniversary on October 20, 2022. In 1992, the album debuted at the top of charts around the world and has gone on to sell more than six million copies. To celebrate the anniversary, a limited edition 12” vinyl picture disc featuring the album’s title track will finally see the light of day after a three-decade delay.

Originally scheduled for release in the U.K. during the fall of 1992, the picture disc features a colorized version of the famous “toe sucking” photo taken from Madonna’s Sex book, which was released the same week as the EROTICA album. However, the picture disc was cancelled unexpectedly just ahead of release, as the visual was considered too explicit for front cover use in light of a controversy at the time related to paparazzi shots of a high society figure that were published in U.K. tabloids a few weeks prior. The manufactured copies were promptly destroyed, with only a few finding their way into the public’s hands, only adding to the infamous allure of the release. Now, after a 30-year wait, the “Erotica” picture disc is available now for pre-orders and is set for release on October 21.

Side A:

Erotica (Album Version)

Side B:

Erotica (Instrumental)

Erotica (Radio Edit)

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

Well, just the picture disc, it seems, no album reissue?

Madonna_Erotica_PicDisc_FullFront_2048x.

https://s.warnermusic.com.au/collections/madonna/products/erotica-30th-anniversary-picture-disc

Madonna’s groundbreaking fifth studio album, EROTICA, will celebrate its 30th anniversary on October 20, 2022. In 1992, the album debuted at the top of charts around the world and has gone on to sell more than six million copies. To celebrate the anniversary, a limited edition 12” vinyl picture disc featuring the album’s title track will finally see the light of day after a three-decade delay.

Originally scheduled for release in the U.K. during the fall of 1992, the picture disc features a colorized version of the famous “toe sucking” photo taken from Madonna’s Sex book, which was released the same week as the EROTICA album. However, the picture disc was cancelled unexpectedly just ahead of release, as the visual was considered too explicit for front cover use in light of a controversy at the time related to paparazzi shots of a high society figure that were published in U.K. tabloids a few weeks prior. The manufactured copies were promptly destroyed, with only a few finding their way into the public’s hands, only adding to the infamous allure of the release. Now, after a 30-year wait, the “Erotica” picture disc is available now for pre-orders and is set for release on October 21.

Side A:

Erotica (Album Version)

Side B:

Erotica (Instrumental)

Erotica (Radio Edit)

the link doesn't work. Has it been removed?