MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

1 hour ago, Celebration said:

Well. Erotica tales up two discs, and The Rain Tapes would need at least two discs too, so no. I don't think it's real.

This has fake written all over it. 
I doubt Madonna or Warner even know the term “rain tapes”. That’s a compilation made on a cassette not the way those demos are stored in the archives 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Jackie said:

Agree - no way they would 'release' the 'rain tapes' - most of them are work in progress and unpolished.

I could however see them releasing Shame, You Are the One and even the original version of Erotica with the 'you thrill me hook' - given they are fully complete - 

And please the straight pass and final version of Goodbye To Innocence

2 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I actually can see them releasing the entirety of the rain tapes, or atleast half of the selection. The unpolished versions are fascinating to listen to and it’s a great experience hearing the recording process and development of a final song. 

But the most part of them are really rough demos,we enjoyed them because we know. But as a bonus for anyone else are really loud bad demos

I think it should be a mix of quantity & quality. We are assuming that the Rain Tapes are the holy grail of the recording sessions, but we didn’t discover additional tapes till a few yrs ago, so without a doubt there’s lots more. So yeah, including the tracks that are top notch is important, but having more than enough to treat the fans is important too. Having the demos of Thief, Words, & Innocence with different music is imperative as much needed as the  demo versions that are closer to the final product.

I would like a more polished edit of Shame and a remastered version of dear father and actions speak louder than words - I don’t think there are any other unreleased songs from this era but who knows ? That’s what’s so frustrating about this whole campaign so far - it just feels like we are getting scraps and not the full monty . If it is erotica then just damn well announce it woman 🤪🥺😱

On 9/23/2022 at 4:44 PM, wtg1987 said:

I would like a more polished edit of Shame and a remastered version of dear father and actions speak louder than words - I don’t think there are any other unreleased songs from this era but who knows ? That’s what’s so frustrating about this whole campaign so far - it just feels like we are getting scraps and not the full monty . If it is erotica then just damn well announce it woman 🤪🥺😱

Unreleased material is not the main focus of this campaign. It’s about reissuing existing material. Sure, some unreleased stuff will pop up here and there but it won’t be the as much as some of you expect. 
I hope I’m wrong but I doubt it. Nothing in the press releases suggests it

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

The press release has alluded to mythical material. Whether that means the withdrawn Erotica picture disc I have no idea.

To me mythical material relates to unreleased demos like warning signs, LAP demos - it doesnt relate to her already known catalogue unless that article was just bullshit...

4 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Where? Did I miss something? Lol

Paper magazine "Finally kicks off a multi-year initiative to reissue all her past albums, remastered, which will include previously unheard versions and rarities so mythic the reveal of them could send certain corners of the Madonna fandom into bouts of foaming-at-the-mouth hysteria".

2 hours ago, Celebration said:

It was from an interview with Madonna, so she must have revealed something to the reporter. :)

We also have to take into consideration things we know absolutley nothing about lol this is Madonna -- Le Duh 🤣 

**I should be more specific. I'm sure there are completed songs locked up in a vault somewhere...lol

16 hours ago, Spanky1995 said:

It was just mentioned in paper magazine 

12 hours ago, lap said:

Paper magazine "Finally kicks off a multi-year initiative to reissue all her past albums, remastered, which will include previously unheard versions and rarities so mythic the reveal of them could send certain corners of the Madonna fandom into bouts of foaming-at-the-mouth hysteria".

That quote seems to be the journalists interpretation of the press release. 
And regardless rarities doesn’t mean unreleased material. We could easily consider the Erotica picture disc a mythical rarity. 
In any way, they were correct. That RSD everybody release did send fans here into foaming-at-the-mouth hysteria to the point where the thread had to be locked 😂