MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, HC Charge said:

She is busy destroying another of her classic hit and probably remixing Ray of Light feat. Tokishita and Oh Father (Sickfuck 2022 remix), if we are lucky maybe giving us new song in 2033 (promo starting this December) called Candy Grilzzzzz feat. Awkwafina #soon

Candy Grilzzzzz sounds too real

witchcraft lafayette reynolds GIF

1 hour ago, TOpher said:

I don't know about tee but I'm pretty distressed at the moment

A huge missed opportunity! She seems totally disconnected from it... Its very evident her management team have very littel input in her desicion making these days. I wish they would try and convince her to stay away from social media TBH. She seems to have more interest in trying new filters than her back catalogue lol

32 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

It's not SHE... It's her stupid team and her son of a b* Guy Oseary... 

If she says she has always had final say over everything, then I do think its very much her as well... I think her managemnet team have just given up and cant be bothered to try and navigate her in the right direction.

Yesterday was absolutely disappointing.

A milestone like the 40th anniversary of her debut single should be celebrated in more ways than a 2-track digital single, an upscaled video and a post on social media - oh and a T-shirt and a lithograph.

No press release, no post on madonna.com, not even an e-mail sendout to her fan base, nothing. What a wasted opportunity to remind the world this woman's been here for FORTY years.

The digital single is a cute thing but if no one, except the fans, knows about it, what's the point?

They really need to step up their game.

22 minutes ago, Prayer said:

A milestone like the 40th anniversary of her debut single should be celebrated in more ways than a 2-track digital single, an upscaled video and a post on social media - oh and a T-shirt and a lithograph.

No press release, no post on madonna.com, not even an e-mail sendout to her fan base, nothing. What a wasted opportunity to remind the world this woman's been here for FORTY years.

The digital single is a cute thing but if no one, except the fans, knows about it, what's the point?

Even more sad thing is that MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCEd MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP last year in August... It is October 2022 and we still got absolutely nothing regarding album reissues, and I am not talking about any release, but not even a single info in the past 14 months! #soon

I have been supporting Madonna for years, but this is truly a total mess. She should get her sh*t together and either fire her management team or kick ass of Warner executives... They are tremendously wasting all opportunities. 

40 years in business and still running... What other female singer did that? But all we got was messy youtube video mentioning year 2020 (lol) and 2track digital single that almost no one noticed and care about 

2 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

Even more sad thing is that MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCEd MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP last year in August... It is October 2022 and we still got absolutely nothing regarding album reissues, and I am not talking about any release, but not even a single info in the past 14 months! #soon

I have been supporting Madonna for years, but this is truly a total mess. She should get her sh*t together and either fire her management team or kick ass of Warner executives... They are tremendously wasting all opportunities. 

40 years in business and still running... What other female singer did that? But all we got was messy youtube video mentioning year 2020 (lol) and 2track digital single that almost no one noticed and care about 

Half the members on this forum would've done a far better job of celebrating and promoting the anniversary. Knowing M she's probably fallen out with Warner again lol

16 minutes ago, theglamorous said:

Half the members on this forum would've done a far better job of celebrating and promoting the anniversary. Knowing M she's probably fallen out with Warner again lol

That's a good point. To be completely honest, I am starting to think it as well, that her "milestone partnership" with Warner is actually canceled, same as Madonna movie, that's why everyone including Madonna and Warner is dead silent about it for more than a year now. 

The level of unprofessionalism is unmatched here. One year after such a huge announcement and nothing happened (if you want to count FEL maybe...) and even worse, not even an acknowledgement of such an important milestone, 40 years of career... Maybe it's not as important as the 40th anniversary of the first ALBUM, but it's still extremely disappointing and sad not to even acknowledge it and pretend nothing happened. Terrible, unprofessional and lazily put together. Well done Warner, well done Madonna. 

I have to say that I share the general sentiment expressed in this thread. That there is still not so much as an announcement of a single studio album reissue more than a year after the press release is disheartening. What hurts even more is that all the other artists I love who have been around for a long time - Pet Shop Boys, Kylie Minogue, Kraftwerk, Kate Bush - have all taken at least some steps to make their older material available in a format that does it justice. Madonna's catalogue, meanwhile, remains desperately in need of some attention.

Since I mentioned the Pet Shop Boys, I have to say that their Further listening reissue format really hits the spot for me. Disc one - original album remastered, disc two - B-sides, demos, rarities, remixes, all bundled with a thick booklet with track-by-track comments from the artist. At this point I would be literally over the moon if Madonna just copied that approach without changing anything, let alone if she opted for more lavish boxsets like the ones so many other artists are getting.

On 10/2/2022 at 11:08 AM, TOpher said:

I don’t know anyone who still has a cd player 😂 it’s all about vinyl as physical format. Everyone I know uses their Spotify account in their car. Do car stereo systems still exist?

Don't most computers (desktop/laptop) come w/ a CD/DVD player and burner?

46 minutes ago, Nounours said:

I have to say that I share the general sentiment expressed in this thread. That there is still not so much as an announcement of a single studio album reissue more than a year after the press release is disheartening. What hurts even more is that all the other artists I love who have been around for a long time - Pet Shop Boys, Kylie Minogue, Kraftwerk, Kate Bush - have all taken at least some steps to make their older material available in a format that does it justice. Madonna's catalogue, meanwhile, remains desperately in need of some attention.

Since I mentioned the Pet Shop Boys, I have to say that their Further listening reissue format really hits the spot for me. Disc one - original album remastered, disc two - B-sides, demos, rarities, remixes, all bundled with a thick booklet with track-by-track comments from the artist. At this point I would be literally over the moon if Madonna just copied that approach without changing anything, let alone if she opted for more lavish boxsets like the ones so many other artists are getting.

I'm sorry but Kate Bush's remasters are plain awful. It absolutely does not do justice to her discography. If you want to discover Kate Bush or albums you don't know yet, avoid the 2018 remasters at all costs. No dynamic, they sound flat and Experiment IV has been destroyed. It all sounds like it's been remastered from a commercial tape.

11 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

I'm sorry but Kate Bush's remasters are plain awful. It absolutely does not do justice to her discography. If you want to discover Kate Bush or albums you don't know yet, avoid the 2018 remasters at all costs. No dynamic, they sound flat and Experiment IV has been destroyed. It all sounds like it's been remastered from a commercial tape.

I do have all of them bar AerialDirector's cut and 50 words for snow (albeit as digital downloads) and to my ears they sound ok, though I admit I don't have an audiophile bone in my body. But that's why I said "at least some steps" in my original post. While I do agree that the 2018 Kate Bush remasters leave a lot to be desired (especially in the visual department), at least her whole catalogue has been remastered and reissued at this point. All we have from Madonna in that respect are three remastered editions released over 20 years ago that appended the original track list with two remixes each and called it a day. I can't help but find it very sad.

Edited by Nounours
Removed an unnecessary "do" (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

Absolutely. Remember when she turned 60 there were articles everywhere. There’s even been articles when certain projects have had anniversaries.

For this, her 40 year career anniversary, nothing. Nobody even knew about it outside of her hardcore fanbase.

8 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Absolutely. Remember when she turned 60 there were articles everywhere. There’s even been articles when certain projects have had anniversaries.

For this, her 40 year career anniversary, nothing. Nobody even knew about it outside of her hardcore fanbase.

It’s really strange there was nothing sent out to announce the stupid T-shirt’s and lithograph.