MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

On 10/22/2022 at 2:07 PM, wtg1987 said:

I think Madonna must be the only artist around now that STILL hasn’t released an album reissue with demos and remixes on it which considering her legacy is very disappointing….

You know she doesn't like to follow trends!!

...except for big ass, balenciaga, grillz, filters, featurings in songs, tiktok stars etc  :laughing:

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Enrico said:

You know she doesn't like to follow trends!!

...except for big ass, balenciaga, grillz, filters, featurings in songs, tiktok stars etc  :laughing:

Exactly and tiktok is aimed at tweens with no real music taste or funds - no way they are going to buy expensive box sets for  albums released 30 or 40 years ago … I feel like she has just forgotten about her die hard fan base and just moved on 🥹

On 10/22/2022 at 10:07 PM, wtg1987 said:

I think Madonna must be the only artist around now that STILL hasn’t released an album reissue with demos and remixes on it which considering her legacy is very disappointing….

Madonna, Like A Virgin and True Blue were remastered in 2001 and reissued with 2 remixes on each.

There's every chance M will not include demos on any of the upcoming reissues 

9 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Madonna, Like A Virgin and True Blue were remastered in 2001 and reissued with 2 remixes on each.

There's every chance M will not include demos on any of the upcoming reissues 

They would be utterly disappointing and basically kill the fan excitement for this reissue thing they’re attempting 

57 minutes ago, Shoful said:

They would be utterly disappointing and basically kill the fan excitement for this reissue thing they’re attempting 

I'm thinking the only way we will know if demos are coming in an upcoming project is if they start filing copyright on the youtube videos and eBay auctions etc 

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

I'm thinking the only way we will know if demos are coming in an upcoming project is if they start filing copyright on the youtube videos and eBay auctions etc 

Also we all know M feels about demos and unfinished work. When the Rebel Heart demos were leaked she was devastated and made a point of saying how she never wanted those unfinished tracks out there, which leads me to believe that demos will not be a part of these reissues. Completed tracks may be included such as Love Won’t Wait, Shame, You Thrill Me, Goodbye to Innocence, Angels with Dirty Faces etc, but I can’t imagine her wanting “work in progress” songs out there. 

I imagine it’s an exercise of compiling all of the work from each album in one set. Album remastered, remixes, b sides, completed unreleased tracks and perhaps a DVD of the music videos/interviews and performances remastered from that album. 

People have lately been talking about the demo of the Beatles' Yellow submarine, sung by Lennon, acoustic, with different lyrics.

Clearly an unfinished track and not meant originally for release. For real artist and for real fans the creative process is one of the most interesting things. Now this is a gem for a reissue, not another edit or remaster.

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

Maybe we were wrong about these “expanded albums,” or maybe things changed. What if these “anniversary celebrations” are just the digital singles + vinyl reissues for various singles and merchandise?

Possible but maybe also that we expect too much from these birthday dates, because in the end...  why absolutely wait for an anniversary date? the main thing is that it appears :Madonna003:

5 hours ago, Askeroff said:

i cant even imagine the meltdowns (including mine) if we get reissues with bunch of remixes and couple demos we already  had for years  ( and official one will be from lossy source) :08:

whatever the release, there will always be meltdowns when it comes to Madonna tho , even if she releases the perfect package ( :cry: )  some fans  people will find it at fault for whatever menial thing

7 hours ago, RyanUK said:

Completed tracks may be included such as Love Won’t Wait, Shame, You Thrill Me, Goodbye to Innocence, Angels with Dirty Faces

Please God let this be real, that's all I want holy christ!

Please Madonna, hear your fans and release those damn songs we need them in full HQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Madonna023:

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

Maybe we were wrong about these “expanded albums,” or maybe things changed. What if these “anniversary celebrations” are just the digital singles + vinyl reissues for various singles and merchandise?

I'm expecting that. They know we will buy it anyway whatever it is.

I still don't understand the reason why FEL exists other than to buy time for the 40th anniversary of the first album to start the reissue campaign. Like apetizers. The great stuff from expanded versions of albums came after the artists were dead. Björk made a lot of remasters, 5.1 etc...of her old albums through the years but she never had remastered versions of her maxi singles or demos and extra tracks added. The best Bowie expanded versions came after his death (though the Parolophone remasters suck) and they are milking it drop by drop, there's yet another version of Hunky Dory coming up after various ones and this time with extra tracks (already available unofficially), Prince's glorious expanded albums came once he was gone. Even for his Hits compilation in 1993, Warner paid him not to intervene on it. Lennon died 41 years ago, it's probably up to Sean Lennon to curate his stuff now so maybe better nuggets are being digged from the vault than when it was Ono. 

What keeps bugging me, and i can't find this interview, is Pat Leonard saying he was against expanded versions in an interview for an anniversary of Like A Prayer.  

The Michael Jackson ones while he was alive were pretty awful, it took all this time to finally have most of the already available demos on various projects put together one album with Thriller 40.

5 hours ago, deathproof said:

Nothing has changed - FEL was the priority and that took 12 months + of planning, we have been getting special things for RSD and anniversaries and I expect the expanded album reissues will commence next year given the lead up time required for vinyl etc 

On 8/16/2021 at 2:05 PM, Shoful said:

Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events,

Hi everyone.  I have been avidly reading all of your comments every day since the above announcement from M Towers which seems to simply have been some bad dream I had a thousand years ago. Sadly, it is time for your uncle to share with you what shit is really going down. It's time I put in my two cents worth.

Having watched with interest our good lady's "musical" output since the ANNOUNCEMENT (TM), I have arrived at a sad realisation. 

So "Madonna will personally curate" clearly means "Madonna will nod or shake her head when presented with a product" ie "yes, bitch, no bitch (shakes ass)".

"Expansive" clearly means "a few, not all (of the mixes currently available) and some previously un-released mixes eg the KIT mix on FEL and OYH video verson on FEL". Cue, Queens in TEARS (TM) and M's (ironic, go Madge!) Tears of a Clown (ie absolutely no regrets/ fcuks given yada, yada... y'all Queens buy the shit anyway.  It wasn't me anyways, it was some wannabe bitch.  Shakes ass.)

"Deluxe editions" clearly means "expensive releases" eg Everybody vinyl that y'all didn't like, WTG/CAC National Record Day release and Erotica vinyl (as someone said, what about us poor folk who only have digital listening capacity, bitch!).

"Editions for many of her landmark albums" means the continuation of the digital singles eg the recent BG/ Fever release (at long last!  Me thirty years ago would have sold my soul to the devil for such content; now, I'm like "oh yeah?" *boils kettle)  Notice that it is FOR many of her landmark albums and not "OF her landmark albums" ie NO expanded box sets with nice booklets and romantic musings from M or her producers 4 CDS long with unreleased HQ shit that we have all been gagging for these last 40 years.  I mean, why oh why am I nearly 48 and STILL do not OWN the original (MUCH) better version of Burning Up????

I do enjoy your good humour though.  Please keep it coming.  I'm grateful to the Madonna Infinity fam for making me feel included.  Because of all the Erotica chat these last few weeks, I have been listening to it on repeat and have really been enjoying being 17 again.  Which I NEVER thought I would hear myself say.  Lord, it was shit enough the first time.

Let's burn incense and sacrifice things at altars to try and conjure up what we are all hankering after.  Maybe then, all of the fecking albums remastered properly and with all of the available shit (mixes, instrumentals, edits, concerts, videos etc).  It should have happened YEARS ago anyway.  Shame on Madonna for not getting it out there and donating the MILLIONS of dollars this would generate to good causes all around the world.  Never mind disturbing the peace; how about being the role model you used to be and proving that love really does make the world go round.  We can make this happen, girl. The gays have got the funds, baby; you got the motion.

Much love from Scotland.  Over and Over and out. PS Steady75- you got it going on! 

9 hours ago, beastwivvin said:

Hi everyone.  I have been avidly reading all of your comments every day since the above announcement from M Towers which seems to simply have been some bad dream I had a thousand years ago. Sadly, it is time for your uncle to share with you what shit is really going down. It's time I put in my two cents worth.

Having watched with interest our good lady's "musical" output since the ANNOUNCEMENT (TM), I have arrived at a sad realisation. 

So "Madonna will personally curate" clearly means "Madonna will nod or shake her head when presented with a product" ie "yes, bitch, no bitch (shakes ass)".

"Expansive" clearly means "a few, not all (of the mixes currently available) and some previously un-released mixes eg the KIT mix on FEL and OYH video verson on FEL". Cue, Queens in TEARS (TM) and M's (ironic, go Madge!) Tears of a Clown (ie absolutely no regrets/ fcuks given yada, yada... y'all Queens buy the shit anyway.  It wasn't me anyways, it was some wannabe bitch.  Shakes ass.)

"Deluxe editions" clearly means "expensive releases" eg Everybody vinyl that y'all didn't like, WTG/CAC National Record Day release and Erotica vinyl (as someone said, what about us poor folk who only have digital listening capacity, bitch!).

"Editions for many of her landmark albums" means the continuation of the digital singles eg the recent BG/ Fever release (at long last!  Me thirty years ago would have sold my soul to the devil for such content; now, I'm like "oh yeah?" *boils kettle)  Notice that it is FOR many of her landmark albums and not "OF her landmark albums" ie NO expanded box sets with nice booklets and romantic musings from M or her producers 4 CDS long with unreleased HQ shit that we have all been gagging for these last 40 years.  I mean, why oh why am I nearly 48 and STILL do not OWN the original (MUCH) better version of Burning Up????

I do enjoy your good humour though.  Please keep it coming.  I'm grateful to the Madonna Infinity fam for making me feel included.  Because of all the Erotica chat these last few weeks, I have been listening to it on repeat and have really been enjoying being 17 again.  Which I NEVER thought I would hear myself say.  Lord, it was shit enough the first time.

Let's burn incense and sacrifice things at altars to try and conjure up what we are all hankering after.  Maybe then, all of the fecking albums remastered properly and with all of the available shit (mixes, instrumentals, edits, concerts, videos etc).  It should have happened YEARS ago anyway.  Shame on Madonna for not getting it out there and donating the MILLIONS of dollars this would generate to good causes all around the world.  Never mind disturbing the peace; how about being the role model you used to be and proving that love really does make the world go round.  We can make this happen, girl. The gays have got the funds, baby; you got the motion.

Much love from Scotland.  Over and Over and out. PS Steady75- you got it going on! 

Waiting for @GregVsMatt to explain to us we should wait another thousand years till first reissue is going to be released, even if reissues were announced like 18months ago and nothing happened... Yet :D

#soon

11 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Nothing has changed - FEL was the priority and that took 12 months + of planning, we have been getting special things for RSD and anniversaries and I expect the expanded album reissues will commence next year given the lead up time required for vinyl etc 

Sorry but you can record a brand new album in 12 months and still have time for 2 vacations. If such compilation as FEL took them 12 months, I am really worried if I see any reissue in my lifetime, and I am 35yo btw :D