MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

True and I would not blame her if she didn’t want to release those things as going by what we have heard most of what hit the cutting room floor is not up to the standard of what’s on the albums.

I would love box sets of the albums with all the remixes and b-sides included though.

Yes we are more likely to get unreleased finished tracks (like Caresse organised Your Honesty for release in 2003)

Re: demos, M and her team are obviously aware of all the leaks over the last 20 years or so, it would depend on how M feels about it in terms of if she would include any of the previously leaked stuff or decide not to. 

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

If any demo's were to be considered, it would be those that are finished and for whatever reason were cut (i.e. Triggering, Across the Sky) - 

I can't see her re visiting any of the ROL demo's - they were a completely different sound and very rough - 

But then who knows what gems from that era are hidden in the vaults.

I would love some unreleased remixes from that era

7 hours ago, lap said:

I really hope she (or Warner) hires a professional designer to work with the expanded albuns. 

And I still have hope about unreleased demos. 

I don't even think they have any, probably they have an art director/coordinator/whateverator to do all the job and don't care any further. It's Rhino after all.

One professional designer that I can name of and doing a tremendous job with expanded albums is Titus James. He's doing an amazing job recreating old assets like logos, also he's restoring and retouching and even expand old photos. But... he's usually work on soundtracks.

Edited by Haralampos (see edit history)

Thank you Madonna for the expanded Erotica cover image on your homepage (very SEX book), the revised cover logo, the new merchandise and all of the digital extras curated on your homepage. Streaming Erotica now on TIDAL and it sounds like the funkiest record ever.

Looking forward to more digital re-releases. IMO If the release doesn't include a lot of NEW music or isn't a compilation (which I love) then why a physical release.

Save the BIG BOX SET RE-RELEASES for the eras with a lot of new/un released music. Like A. Prayer with extra Pat Leonard tracks, the Shep Pettibone Bedtime Stories scrapped project or the Ray of Light and Rebel Heart demos for example.

I  also would really want a Madonna movies themed compilation. A great way to group all of her soundtrack contributions both films she starred in or just did a song.

Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 9.09.25 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 9.09.30 PM.jpg

On 10/27/2022 at 11:12 AM, Erotico said:

Don’t think that’s totally true: if she didn’t like “You thrill me” she would have never sang it live during confession. And if she didn’t feel “Let down your guard” was ok it would have never been a b-side (although it wasn’t a masterpiece). To me what is cool about a demo is the creation process. And in the case of the first album it would be great to hear something coming from that era coz it’s where she surfaced from the anonymity of the clubs. So as having a “Warning signs” or “Desperately seeking Susan” track would reveal how the metamorphosis from unknown artist to megastar did take place. But still that’s just my point of view and what really drives my interest in her discography ( sad to say more than I am today with Tokisha and Sickick and those unrequested “remixes”)

They are certainly interesting to hear and of course I would love to hear them. But the best stuff is on the albums I think. Really, it’s up to her if she wants to put demos out.

On 10/29/2022 at 12:25 PM, Lucky90210 said:

Save the BIG BOX SET RE-RELEASES for the eras with a lot of new/un released music. Like A. Prayer with extra Pat Leonard tracks, the Shep Pettibone Bedtime Stories scrapped project or the Ray of Light and Rebel Heart demos for example.

Erotica has loads of unreleased songs

On 10/25/2022 at 3:34 AM, HC Charge said:

My point was a bit different. I don't really care what fans say.. We all know there are gonna be a lot of negative comments about every reissue. This is expected. 

What I am saying is that they announced reissues back in August 2021 (!!) promising us a new info #soon... And absolutely nothing happened. I would expect to give us at least some basic schedule or at very least some info "expect an announcement of first reissue album in, idk, December 2022" (even if I wouldn't believe them at this point). I don't expect any specific info about any reissue, nor track list, just want to know WHEN it is going to happen because this dead silence for way over a year is not doing any good 

Finally Enough Love was the first of the reissues, and I seem to remember that CAC was left off FEL because it was on the WTG Super Club Mix.

So first release of the series is FEL which was announced and released within the first year of the press release for the reissue series.

The more comments I read, the more I realize how the internet hasn't done anybody any favors as far as patience goes .  In the first year of the reissue campaign, we've gotten a 6 LP box set, a new compilation EP,  the much-wanted Erotica picture disc, and we are about to get a reissued Everybody 12".  All before the first true reissue has been announced.  And STILL fans are freaking out and calling this whole campaign disappointing or a failure.

On 10/25/2022 at 4:12 AM, wtg1987 said:

The Prince releases shit all over M - they included demos , all remixes , a concert and all presented in a beautiful box - I don’t consider one off vinyl releases and remix collection from M anywhere near in the same league as his released - everything she has put out under this “ deal “ is stuff we have heard before - it’s just been repackaged because they can’t be bothered to put effort into it - we’ve seen 2 anniversaries this year and M has done fuck all with it ….

It hasn't even gotten to the first album yet!!  How is there even a comparison?  Why would she put some unreleased ANYTHING on a 50 #1 Billboard hits compilation??  What sense would that make in any sane universe?

Sorry, I haven't had my coffee yet, but I just can't with some fans.

29 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

as far as I remember, the insiders said when Madame X was released there are hardly any unreleased songs from that era

Ughhhh I believe it too. She didn't have many writing sessions and there were 18 tracks included (and one included on Maluma's, if they wrote that at the same time)

Dear Father

Goodbye To Innocence 

You Are The One

Shame

Isn’t that it? 4?

Hardly loads I wouldn’t call early versions on songs we already have unreleased songs. 

We know Jitterbug isn’t a thing just a musical idea. 

I’d be highly surprised if we get anything else from that era. It was already the first era where a Madonna album had 14 songs in the CD 79 minute era. (Previous studio albums were 8,9,9,10 + AOC

The amount of projects she had going on at that time I cannot image there were more than 18 songs made. 19 if you include TUTBMP. 

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

Dear Father

Goodbye To Innocence 

You Are The One

Shame

Isn’t that it? 4?

Hardly loads I wouldn’t call early versions on songs we already have unreleased songs. 

We know Jitterbug isn’t a thing just a musical idea. 

I’d be highly surprised if we get anything else from that era. It was already the first era where a Madonna album had 14 songs in the CD 79 minute era. (Previous studio albums were 8,9,9,10 + AOC

The amount of projects she had going on at that time I cannot image there were more than 18 songs made. 19 if you include TUTBMP. 

There’s the Jamaican rapper version of Whys It So Hard, demos of various other songs, the alternate take of Playground. Not all of the Shep songs were written and demoed during the Rain Tapes! Some were written and recorded after the fact! Andre Bettes!

Go listen to the MLVC podcast interview with Stephen bray!

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Oh I’ve listened to that podcast it’s great. But I was referring to songs not on that album that  we specifically know are unreleased which as far as I’m aware there are just four of. All of which have leaked. 

But the point is that just because something isn’t registered on a database doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Case in point: the Erotica album tape with the alt versions of Thief of Hearts and Goodbye to Innocence.

14 hours ago, deathproof said:

But the point is that just because something isn’t registered on a database doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Case in point: the Erotica album tape with the alt versions of Thief of Hearts and Goodbye to Innocence.

Love Hurts! We didn’t even know it existed until it leaked 5 years ago

I just learned that the legendary french singer Veronique Sanson will start reissuing her classic albums in Dolby Atmos starting next year.  Those albums are with Warner!  Is it possible Madonna is planning to do the same and that's why we haven't heard anything yet about album reissues?  That could explain why Erotica wasn't reissued on its 30th anniversary.