MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, madgefan said:

Maybe he meant it was leaked out of nowhere. Totally unexpected! Was it Junior Vasquez who posted it on Soundcloud?

This is an early version of ‘Erotica’ with a different chorus and slightly altered lyrics (“I’ll hit you like a Mack truck” compared to the official version’s “I’ll hit you like a truck.”) Leaked to the internet by Junior himself in March 2017.

18 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Hold up. Wasn’t Angels With Dirty Faces released with Madonna’s approval cause of that auction?? She’s gotta be aware of the demand for unreleased songs and the money behind them. 

I don’t think Madonna approved that at all. Pat leaked tracks from that LAP demo tape to help combat the online auction/trading-selling that was happening at the time.

42 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I thought he said he asked her first before releasing it?

I remember reading this as well at the time, that he uploaded those demos with her permission in order to make the auction lose power.

Legally they couldn't stop it but once they were posted on YouTube the demos were not unreleased anymore obviously.

It's also the 30th anniversary of that damn NME article mentioning a ballad called "Show and Tell" as the journalist was recalling listening to a tape of the album in Madonna's bedroom. My guess is that it's "Bad Girl" but damn, 30 years of wondering just because the journalist could not get it right hahahaha. And since that article was released before the album we were all expecting that track to be on it....just like "No Entry" a total fabrication from the press. 

OR maybe not ^^

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

@deathproof Are there any other known  Erotica songs that haven’t leaked

Most likely. Why’s It So Hard was done after the rain tapes (Fever too, but that’s a cover) so it’s possible a few other songs were written and demoed around that time. The NME magazine interview mentions a ballad called “Show and Tell.”

tomorrow on Rhino 

SEAL:DELUXE EDITION (4CD/2LP) first album reissue 

https://www.lexermusic.com/seal-seal-deluxe-edition-4cd-2lp-set

Seal: Deluxe Edition’ boasts a disc of rarities featuring “premix” versions of six album tracks. These versions featured early mixes that were available briefly on early pressings before they were replaced by Horn’s final mixes.

The collection also showcases many of the incredible dance remixes created for album singles, including standouts like William Orbit’s dub mix for “Killer” and the Giro E Giro Mix for “The Beginning.”

The collection ends on a high note with a previously unreleased concert recorded at the Point Theatre in Dublin, Ireland, on December 16, 1991.

* Previously Unreleased labeled only live cd ...1 of 4 CD...

32 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

tomorrow on Rhino 

Seal: Deluxe Edition’ boasts a disc of rarities featuring “premix” versions of six album tracks. These versions featured early mixes that were available briefly on early pressings before they were replaced by Horn’s final mixes.

The collection also showcases many of the incredible dance remixes created for album singles, including standouts like William Orbit’s dub mix for “Killer” and the Giro E Giro Mix for “The Beginning.”

The collection ends on a high note with a previously unreleased concert recorded at the Point Theatre in Dublin, Ireland, on December 16, 1991.

0D5D424E-4658-437E-B0F3-33D48E13541A.jpeg.5185cdab4ee8af506a8bfd62716163da.jpeg

2 hours ago, Askeroff said:

tomorrow on Rhino 

What's good about this is that it's also a Rhino release, so bodes well for when we do eventually get our dues...

2 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

When my Erotica (Single) Vinyl was dispatched, for about 24 hours, I had an unclickable download button for "Erotica (2022 Remaster)" in the email. And the day of the launch, that button disappeared.

There is remaster of the song out there somewhere.

I’m pretty sure Someone on this forum said they received a download link with their purchase…

I think this clearly shows there has been some delay of some sort. I mean what’s the point of releasing just singles? This was probably a side bonus for when erotica was re-released, and then something delayed the album and the singles/videos were left as a “main attraction”

this would explain also all the mistakes in these emails, the leak by that Serbian label, etc. so fingers crossed it’s still coming