MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Yes but my point is fans should not EXPECT things that are beyond the scope of this campaign and were never promised.  
I mean we should all criticize whatever shortcomings there are and say what we’d ideally love to get so these releases keep improving. But saying that everything they’ve done so far sucks is extreme.

These types of fans will always complain no matter what. I’m sure if we got unreleased stuff they would complain it’s not more, or whatever specific demos they are expecting are not there or it doesn’t sound good etc. 

I’m pretty sure when the Erotica and Everybody records were announced @wtg1987 complained about not getting enough digital EPs. Since then we got a bunch of those but apparently now those suck too…

I think @wtg1987 was seeing the thing in general. And yes, as I said many times, to me a PARTNERSHIP and a NEW DEAL promises more than what we had till now. We got anything different than what we did before this deal. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're currently getting FED. I'm not sure if you are aware of this but Janet who is currently acting like a legacy act is not even releasing all her singles to streaming. She did it for the one album she cares about but the others are getting paid dust.

And don't even get me started on MJ...his legacy is being treated like shit.

2 hours ago, MisterMistere said:

I think @wtg1987 was seeing the thing in general. And yes, as I said many times, to me a PARTNERSHIP and a NEW DEAL promises more than what we had till now. We got anything different than what we did before this deal. 

The original press release stated "expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums." I think the frustrations from fans is based on that, since they haven't released an "expansive deluxe edition" or announced one yet.

We are still being fed, with updates and corrections (tho we still don't have the Hung Up remixes on AppleMusic US..) to Madonna's streaming catalog, which is a BIG added bonus and doing great for her streaming numbers. Plus some bonus physical reissues like the Erotica picture disc and Everybody RSD release. But the bigger picture and selling point has always been the "expansive deluxe editions." We just have to continue waiting for that to finally come....

36 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

So she posted a story with a Burning Up demo playing in the back :eyes: Could this be a hint?

image.png.6b6246dcbf3e64cf361e2c2c6f617e6e.png

FUCK YES GIVE US SOMETHING GIRL. MAKE US WET

I love how she loves Burning Up. It’s actually a timeless song and it doesn’t get enough love from fans

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

The original press release stated "expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums." I think the frustrations from fans is based on that, since they haven't released an "expansive deluxe edition" or announced one yet.

We are still being fed, with updates and corrections (tho we still don't have the Hung Up remixes on AppleMusic US..) to Madonna's streaming catalog, which is a BIG added bonus and doing great for her streaming numbers. Plus some bonus physical reissues like the Erotica picture disc and Everybody RSD release. But the bigger picture and selling point has always been the "expansive deluxe editions." We just have to continue waiting for that to finally come....

Yes, I will be glad to be proven wrong on complaining. Sure, now the hopes are near to 0.... but who knows... 

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

Whatever the delay is I think it’s gonna work in our advantage. Since the deal was announced a lot of great “expansive editions” have been released and they’ll probably use them for inspiration. 
Also this time is probably being used to dig up old stuff from the archives. 
And also we’ve given a lot of feedback on what has been released and it’s obvious they pay attention to it so this will give them a chance to taylor the releases more to our liking.

I think it’s better to give them all the time they need to prepare these releases throughly. 
Hopefully the first reissue will be amazing and well done 

3 hours ago, lucasciccone said:

So she posted a story with a Burning Up demo playing in the back :eyes: Could this be a hint?

image.png.6b6246dcbf3e64cf361e2c2c6f617e6e.png

Seems to me, you may be right.  I wondered the same when I saw this.  It's possibly, Warner is working on re-issuing a Burning Up single/remix, and we may see a pre-order for a physical Vinyl release soon.  

It's shaping up as if Warner and Madonna are doing the re-issues chronologically.  Burning Up's 40th is in March.  The Debut album and Holiday celebrate their 40th by next summer.  I'm expecting some announcements coming regarding the debut album re-issue probably in the new year.

2 minutes ago, tscott said:

Seems to me, you may be right.  I wondered the same when I saw this.  It's possibly, Warner is working on re-issuing a Burning Up single/remix, and we may see a pre-order for a physical Vinyl release soon.  

It's shaping up as if Warner and Madonna are doing the re-issues chronologically.  Burning Up's 40th is in March.  The Debut album and Holiday celebrate their 40th by next summer.  I'm expecting some announcements coming regarding the debut album re-issue probably in the new year.

Hmm. Record Store Day 2023 is on April the 15th...

I guess we'll get an updated edition of Burning Up then, and a reissue of The First Album by july. :)

1 minute ago, Celebration said:

Hmm. Record Store Day 2023 is on April the 15th...

I guess we'll get an updated edition of Burning Up then, and a reissue of The First Album by july. :)

Makes sense to me since that's how they handled Everybody's re-issue.  I personally wish they would just make it readily available to online stores because I have no RS near by that will carry this. :)

21 minutes ago, tscott said:

Makes sense to me since that's how they handled Everybody's re-issue.  I personally wish they would just make it readily available to online stores because I have no RS near by that will carry this. :)

Her RSD releases are not limited at all. You can always find the record after in many online stores and Discogs at retail price 

7 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Her RSD releases are not limited at all. You can always find the record after in many online stores and Discogs at retail price 

That very well maybe the case for what's been released so far, but if they are only making X amount of copies, then that still makes it limited.  I don't expect the Everybody release is going to be a hard find after the initial RSD release being there will be 20,000 copies available.  That song isn't a Madonna single that I feel is heavily sought after.  But imagine you will, if they continue releasing the bigger singles on RSD at a limited capacity.  It will be harder to get. :)

On 11/17/2022 at 10:29 AM, tscott said:

That very well maybe the case for what's been released so far, but if they are only making X amount of copies, then that still makes it limited.  I don't expect the Everybody release is going to be a hard find after the initial RSD release being there will be 20,000 copies available.  That song isn't a Madonna single that I feel is heavily sought after.  But imagine you will, if they continue releasing the bigger singles on RSD at a limited capacity.  It will be harder to get. :)

I would bet money after this one there will be less than 20,000 copies printed of the next one