MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I would bet money after this one there will be less than 20,000 copies printed of the next one

That's my fear.  While I was able to get a copy of the 6LP set of FEL, I would think some of the bigger singles deserve a wider release than just 6000 copies.  I hope the following releases get at least 20,000+ copies

1 hour ago, tscott said:

That's my fear.  While I was able to get a copy of the 6LP set of FEL, I would think some of the bigger singles deserve a wider release than just 6000 copies.  I hope the following releases get at least 20,000+ copies

I think the increase in numbers is two fold, firstly the amount of stores involved in rsd is increasing every year and secondly the Madonna titles always sell well as the scalpers literally buy anything to flip.

4 hours ago, tscott said:

1 hour ago, TOpher said:

But 20 000 of Everybody 😂😂😂

I don't know if we can compare both releases. First of all, record companies are now at the mercy of the slots available at the vinyl manufacturing plants, maybe there were not more manufacturing slots available when the "FEL" box set was pressed (or it was just meant to be a fan edition and that's it).

Besides, 6.000 copies of a 6LP edition are still 36.000 vinyl records pressed ONLY for that box set run. And "FEL" had other vinyl editions too (black, silver, red) and we don't know how many copies of those were pressed.

:cute:

12 hours ago, Shoful said:

Will this ever happen for us :Madonna041:

NEVER. When we think the expansive deluxe editions will finally see the light of the day after a year and half, she'll change her mind again and will make some remixes feat. Terri Joe or with a dumb skateboarder. 

15 hours ago, tscott said:

To be fair, much of this is re-issued work that has been previously available on earlier anniversary editions.   The demos and left off tracks aren't up to par to what made the album. 

It contains many songs never released, all the remixes, b-sides, demos. What more could they do?

44 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

It contains many songs never released, all the remixes, b-sides, demos. What more could they do?

They could include a dvd with all videos remastered, and the previously rejected 5.1 remix of the album.

And wlile they're at it, include the super cool 7" US edit of Thriller, and the extended versions of Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' and Billie Jean.

There's also instrumentals if you wanna dig deeper...

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Yeah, I spoke too soon.  There were several songs I noticed that weren't available before.  But I doubt those tracks would have made it on the 40th if Jackson was still alive.  I can understand artists not wanting to present their unfinished or work in progress songs.

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

If Madonna released an anniversary edition like this one we would literally storm her house with pitchforks. It would be a huge meltdown moment around here haha

What are you talking about we haven’t gotten ANYTHING. As far as I’m concerned this is better than any cash grab vinyl we’ve been getting forever. I bet her anniversary editions will never be as expansive as this 

Idk why I’m not allowed to compare her to Michael Jackson, yea so he’s dead but he’s legit the only artist that is ok her level.

They aren’t going to be releasing 80th anniversary editions of Madonna’s album when she’s dead, that’s the whole frickin point of this deal :Madonna009:

14 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Idk why I’m not allowed to compare her to Michael Jackson, yea so he’s dead but he’s legit the only artist that is ok her level.

They aren’t going to be releasing 80th anniversary editions of Madonna’s album when she’s dead, that’s the whole frickin point of this deal :Madonna009:

Exactly - didn’t Guy O seary even say to the effect of “ stuff Madonna fans have been asking for years “ or something like that ? And I don’t think he meant frozen or hung up remixes with nobodies 🙈

7 minutes ago, Shoful said:

What are you talking about we haven’t gotten ANYTHING. As far as I’m concerned this is better than any cash grab vinyl we’ve been getting forever. I bet her anniversary editions will never be as expansive as this 

I think it's fair to say that this is new territory for Madonna, so at this point we don't know what to expect.  Right now, I see her team updating her digital catalog quite nicely with what was originally released commercially.  The fact they added numerous promo mixes (ie: You Can Dance Single Edits and Fever mixes/edits) shows promise. I rather wait until the first expanded edition is released before freaking out about what we may never get.  Then again, I'm not expecting to get demos especially unfinished ones. I assume no matter what is released, there will be those who will find some disappointment.  Still, I have faith when the expanded editions are released they will be nice.  I have a feeling next year, there is going to be an increase push to her 40th Anniversary in the music business being her first album will reach it's 40th. :)

4 hours ago, Shoful said:

We haven’t gotten anything yet. They are down the pipeline. 
If anything these MJ anniversary releases are cash grabs. Ugly redesigned covers, hardly any unleaked and unreleased stuff, some from the off the wall era, no remixes, ugly standard black vinyl without any of the extras, no variants, no boxset, horrendous merch. 
The only good thing they did is the mofi remaster and the 4k videos. And don’t even get me started on their previous “anniversary” releases. 
And yeah, I’d prefer to wait and get something amazing than a half assed poor quality release.

That being said I pray Madonna and Warner don’t screw up lol

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

We haven’t gotten anything yet. They are down the pipeline. 
If anything these MJ anniversary releases are cash grabs. Ugly redesigned covers, hardly any unleaked and unreleased stuff, some from the off the wall era, no remixes, ugly standard black vinyl without any of the extras, no variants, no boxset, horrendous merch. 
The only good thing they did is the mofi remaster and the 4k videos. And don’t even get me started on their previous “anniversary” releases. 
And yeah, I’d prefer to wait and get something amazing than a half assed poor quality release.

That being said I pray Madonna and Warner don’t screw up lol

And this was all after a MJ fan backlash on the artwork too - the MJ Estate had to redesign it lol

17 hours ago, Celebration said:

They could include a dvd with all videos remastered, and the previously rejected 5.1 remix of the album.

And wlile they're at it, include the super cool 7" US edit of Thriller, and the extended versions of Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' and Billie Jean.

There's also instrumentals if you wanna dig deeper...

Dvd? In 2022? Most people would have nothing to put that thing in.