MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

We haven’t gotten anything yet. They are down the pipeline. 
If anything these MJ anniversary releases are cash grabs. Ugly redesigned covers, hardly any unleaked and unreleased stuff, some from the off the wall era, no remixes, ugly standard black vinyl without any of the extras, no variants, no boxset, horrendous merch. 
The only good thing they did is the mofi remaster and the 4k videos. And don’t even get me started on their previous “anniversary” releases. 
And yeah, I’d prefer to wait and get something amazing than a half assed poor quality release.

That being said I pray Madonna and Warner don’t screw up lol

I’ll be genuinely shocked if they don’t screw it up. My expectations are extremely LOW at this point 😹

9 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Dvd? In 2022? Most people would have nothing to put that thing in.

But some of us still do, and DVD and/or blurays are still very common and often expected in these editions.
Pink Floyd includes both formats in their deluxe editions. The last one, Animals, was released two months ago.

47 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

I’ll be genuinely shocked if they don’t screw it up. My expectations are extremely LOW at this point 😹

Same. I wasn’t impressed with the presentation of FEL.

But I’m hopeful they’re taking their time to make these reissues the “definitive” versions of her albums

14 hours ago, Celebration said:

But some of us still do, and DVD and/or blurays are still very common and often expected in these editions.
Pink Floyd includes both formats in their deluxe editions. The last one, Animals, was released two months ago.

I understand and I’m sure hardcore sure MJ fans would appreciate it. But I don’t think it’s a make or break thing for the Thriller release. Maybe a Bluray with all the videos in 4K would have been a cool addition.

In Madonna’s case id be happy if they released them for download from Tidal for us collectors. I don’t do discs much anymore. But I do know a lot of fans still do.

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

With all this talk about Goodtime and Warning Signs, is anyone else DYING for them to release SOMETHING UNRELEASED! They better have the first reissue announced soon with several unreleased tracks

How strange is this buzz & desire, since most people seemed to be very satisfied and all about Erotica Pdk & Everybody 12'' reissue. Someone was even spending a "small fortune" and said we've been got full of treats by WB / Rhino :lol:

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

With all this talk about Goodtime and Warning Signs, is anyone else DYING for them to release SOMETHING UNRELEASED! They better have the first reissue announced soon with several unreleased tracks

It would be amazing if they packaged the first album and LAV in a big boxset with the demos and unreleased songs from the eras and the virgin tour uncut on Blu-ray 

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

I'm hesitant to get too excited by the reissues if the demos are going to be tinkered with.

45 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

It would be amazing if they packaged the first album and LAV in a big boxset with the demos and unreleased songs from the eras and the virgin tour uncut on Blu-ray 

What I would give for something like that. Virgin Tour was my first time seeing Madonna in concert.

1 hour ago, MisterMistere said:

How strange is this buzz & desire, since most people seemed to be very satisfied and all about Erotica Pdk & Everybody 12'' reissue. Someone was even spending a "small fortune" and said we've been got full of treats by WB / Rhino :lol:

A fucking mess. Who the hell would be satisfied by them uploading shit that has been available for 30+ years :Madonna051:

27 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I'd 100% be happy with a Madonna "ERAS" approach for her 80's stuff and in a lesser way though the 90's  

MADONNA + LAV + (Vision Quest + DSS) + Live Aid + THE VIRGIN TOUR Box set. 

TRUE BLUE + YOU CAN DANCE + WHO'S THAT GIRL - WTG Tour Box Set

LIKE A PRAYER + I'M BREATHLESS + BLOND AMBITION Box Set

Those eras sort of feel housed together for me living through them. 

Looking at the eras through the lens of the live element and the tours that supported them might go some way in repairing and promoting the good will for a future tour too.

Yeah that’s definitely the way to go

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

I'd 100% be happy with a Madonna "ERAS" approach for her 80's stuff and in a lesser way though the 90's  

Looking at the eras through the lens of the live element and the tours that supported them might go some way in repairing and promoting the good will for a future tour too.

Woah yea I definitely agree with this. A lot of those projects blend together and this is the perfect way to incorporate them all

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

This is a cool idea.

7 hours ago, steady75 said:

You are spot on, its baffling to me how badly mismanaged Madonna's legacy has been handled. For an artist of her stature and longevity these kind of releases should be a no brainer.

On 11/22/2022 at 8:54 PM, steady75 said:

This probably won't happen though, cause Madonna herself doesn't seem to have this kind of understanding of her eras. Remember how pissed she was that they put American Pie on international editions of Music?

I think they will definitely put out her singles discography first and then start curating those re-issues, probably with newly remastered versions of the original albums, demos/outtakes and maybe interviews or something.

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Oh yes, the Kylie boxes are so beautiful.
The picture discs are perfect.

Pity Howard Jones' picture discs in his deluxe boxes for the two first albums sucked. Especially Dream Into Action could have been gorgeous.

On 11/22/2022 at 12:20 PM, Shoful said:

They already did! We got the Love Profusion Ralph Rosario Edit Mix! :Madonna056:

On 11/22/2022 at 8:54 PM, steady75 said:

No, please. Keep the tours separated from the album re-issues, with its own extras (different tour recordings, studio versions, etc, etc).