MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

41 minutes ago, gafuller said:

By no means a perfect album. But I can’t think of many of her albums where there isn’t a song here or there I couldn’t see having needed a bit more work. MDNA is just crushed underneath an already dense and vivid catalogue unfortunately.

I think part of the problem was also the 4 year wait, and Madonna always bouncing immediately back after an underperformance. Hard Candy was widely considered a subpar album for Madonna's standards, so people expected a smash hit and she didn't deliver that. I don't think MDNA is as bad as it gets credited with. I love 3 songs, I strongly like another 4, and the rest isn't very good. 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, adirondak said:

I think part of the problem was also the 4 year wait, and Madonna always bouncing immediately back after an underperformance. Hard Candy was widely considered a subpar album for Madonna's standards, so people expected a smash hit and she didn't deliver that. I don't think MDNA is as bad as it gets credited with. I love 3 songs, I strongly like another 4, and the rest isn't very good. 

But she bounced back with Rebel Heart, even after the leaks, and Madame X but then strongly came back up with FEL and the Frozen remixes. :D

9 hours ago, adirondak said:

I can agree. And in those four years a lot of pop acts popped up with strong runs with their first two albums in those four years. And she was half paying attention with it, but still not the worse. Again when you’re Madonna, you’re expected to have Ray of Lights and Confessions each album but that’s hard sustain when the GP’s attention span shifts so much. STR, Celebration, and FEL are great because they pop into the GP’s view. Or the live albums too.

Do we have any predictions for the 25th anniversary of Ray of Light next year? It was a commercial and critical success, one of her favorites, and finally won her a Grammy. 

I'm sure there will be a 360g translucent picture disc quadruple vinyl with only 1-2 songs per side, selling for $99.99 (this is a knock on the record industry, not Madonna). But other than that, do we have any ideas?

10 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

If he thinks "You'll See" sucks, then he must be. 

He so actually a great producer and I think he says you’ll see was a good collaboration but thinks one more chance and I can’t forget we’re shite and I agree with him - not sure if he was a producer on the song used in the Takara commercial ? 

31 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

Do we have any predictions for the 25th anniversary of Ray of Light next year? It was a commercial and critical success, one of her favorites, and finally won her a Grammy. 

I'm sure there will be a 360g translucent picture disc quadruple vinyl with only 1-2 songs per side, selling for $99.99 (this is a knock on the record industry, not Madonna). But other than that, do we have any ideas?

Yes, I heard her team & Warner are preparing beautiful t-shirt with ROL logo & also cool Spotify Playlist especially for this occasion. Can't wait. 😍

So Excited Hype GIF by TV Land

4 hours ago, Andreo said:

The way she's gonna pay no attention to ROL 25th (let's be real, that's what's gonna happen) will be my villain origin backstory.

You might have to eat your words here.  I have a feeling ROL and the First Album are going to be the first to roll out next year as expanded re-issues.