MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/5/2022 at 1:26 AM, Prayer said:

He didn't say exactly that:

"At the end of the day, the songs we did were not particularly impressive, though one of them, 'You'll See', was really great. Madonna had written a great lyric ('You think that I can't live without your love / You'll see') and I thought my music was great"

Oh right. Well then he didn't shade You'll See at all.

6 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Nope. I like it too. It's not one of my favourites by any means but I don't understand why people hate it. It's different to anything else she ever did.

The music was nice even though it sounded very similar to extremes “more than words “ - her vocal take was very weak especially the line “ that you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gonnwwwnnn “ I can’t listen to it anymore 😂

49 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

The partnership has already yielded a massive treasure chest of video upgrades, major remix streaming additions, Who's that Girl Super Mix on vinyl, Everybody 40 on vinyl, a massive #1's compilation,  digital, Like a Prayer 30, and digital True Blue 35.  M has also released numerous reimagined classics such as Frozen, Material Gworrrl, and Vogue.  There is definitely more to come.  I believe that all of the looks that she has been serving are gonna be used for rereleased expanded albums too.  There is just too much effort and expense to waste.  

I guess we have different expectations, and that’s fair. 

For me upgraded videos, vinyls, already available remixes and mostly unimpressive renditions of classics just isn’t exciting. 

Just now, DaddyZ said:

I guess we have different expectations, and that’s fair. 

For me upgraded videos, vinyls, already available remixes and mostly unimpressive renditions of classics just isn’t exciting. 

Then you shouldn’t be excited about the campaign in general. Since it’s about reissues not previously unreleased material.

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Then you shouldn’t be excited about the campaign in general. Since it’s about reissues not previously unreleased material.

Didn’t it state somewhere that unreleased stuff was part of the deal, like demos etc? Stuff that “fans have been wanting for for years”? 

You’re right, none of this shit so far really excites me. 
It’s nice and neat but far from exciting, to me. 

2 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

There is definitely more to come.  I believe that all of the looks that she has been serving are gonna be used for rereleased expanded albums too.

That's better be it because the colorful hairstyles she served were gorgeous and the most she has ever experimented with her own hair, she better use it and make them memorable and not throw em away for another wavy hair album shooting... otherwise I'm gonna deflat her ass and throw it away! 

34 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

Didn’t it state somewhere that unreleased stuff was part of the deal, like demos etc? Stuff that “fans have been wanting fur years”? 

"NEAT?! Anybody that says my show is neat has to go" 

1 hour ago, DaddyZ said:

Didn’t it state somewhere that unreleased stuff was part of the deal, like demos etc? Stuff that “fans have been wanting fur years”? 

They said that in the intro to an interview in some publication.
I hope for much more than this. Expanded releases of landmark albums was what the press release said.

2 hours ago, DaddyZ said:

Didn’t it state somewhere that unreleased stuff was part of the deal, like demos etc? Stuff that “fans have been wanting for for years”? 

No nothing like that was officially said. That’s fan theories based on what other artists have been doing. 
I’m sure some of that stuff is gonna be part of it but I wouldn’t expect much at this point.

Usually when they kick off these campaigns they plan multiple anniversary releases every 5 years or so. So they’re not gonna give away all the honey from the start

31 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

No nothing like that was officially said. That’s fan theories based on what other artists have been doing. 
I’m sure some of that stuff is gonna be part of it but I wouldn’t expect much at this point.

Usually when they kick off these campaigns they plan multiple anniversary releases every 5 years or so. So they’re not gonna give away all the honey from the start

There really has been no “honey” so far at all. 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, DaddyZ said:

There really has been no “honey” so far at all. 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️

I guess it's different for everyone.  I am personally loving all that we got this year.  WTG RSD re-issue, FEL, all the Frozen mixes and videos, and Everybody re-issue. I love how her digital catalog is starting to shape up.  The video upgrades.  It's nice to see her catalog getting some treatment after all these years.  Technically, she started her career 40 years ago this past October, but that was just with a club release of Everybody.  The album came the following year in '83 and I have a feeling, next year is going to be a huge year, regarding more re-issues.  The press release said this is a multi year deal, so I knew we wouldn't get it all in one lump, and why would they?  It would only be quite overwhelming for a fan, and there is no way many will be able to afford it all.  A tour next year will definitely be an added plus.  I'm predicting we'll be seeing two more single re-issues (Burning Up and Holiday), early next year, leading up to debut album expanded re-issue.  There are so many other possibilities as well that can come next year such as ROL 25th Anniversary and American Life 20th.  Perfect time to re-issue an expanded set on those. 

1 hour ago, tscott said:

I guess it's different for everyone.  I am personally loving all that we got this year.  WTG RSD re-issue, FEL, all the Frozen mixes and videos, and Everybody re-issue. I love how her digital catalog is starting to shape up.  The video upgrades.  It's nice to see her catalog getting some treatment after all these years.  Technically, she started her career 40 years ago this past October, but that was just with a club release of Everybody.  The album came the following year in '83 and I have a feeling, next year is going to be a huge year, regarding more re-issues.  The press release said this is a multi year deal, so I knew we wouldn't get it all in one lump, and why would they?  It would only be quite overwhelming for a fan, and there is no way many will be able to afford it all.  A tour next year will definitely be an added plus.  I'm predicting we'll be seeing two more single re-issues (Burning Up and Holiday), early next year, leading up to debut album expanded re-issue.  There are so many other possibilities as well that can come next year such as ROL 25th Anniversary and American Life 20th.  Perfect time to re-issue an expanded set on those. 

I’m genuinely happy for you and everyone who’s excited about all the stuff that was released so far. 🤗

The speculation of what might come when is getting a bit tiresome but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for next year. 

31 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

I’m genuinely happy for you and everyone who’s excited about all the stuff that was rehearsed so far. 🤗

The speculation of what might come when is getting a bit tiresome but I’m keeping my fingers crossed for next year. 

Maybe it's "speculation", but I believe since we got a re-issue of "Everybody" that we are following a pattern of re-releases (at least for the first album) as the 40th Anniversaries come along.  It was 1983 when the debut album was released, so it makes sense to start the album re-releases in 2023.  When the press release was announced, there was no specific date when anything would be released and it was clear that this would be a multi year deal.  I have great faith good things are to come.  Then again, I'm not expecting anymore than what was said in the press release.  Demos were not promised, and knowing Madonna isn't too fond of sharing her unfinished work, I am not expecting demos to be included.