MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

14 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I swear to god if all we are getting is another vinyl re-issue im gonna lose my shit tere - where is the first deluxe album re-issue with unreleased songs M and Warners ???

For the umpteenth time, no one has promised "unreleased songs" with these expanded re-issues. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy Oseary said: “Over the past 30 years, I’ve been fortunate enough to meet and spend time with many of Madonna’s incredible fans, and this new partnership will bring to fruition what so many of them have been patiently waiting for: a celebration of her groundbreaking catalogue. My partner Sara Zambreno and I are working closely with Warner Music Group to bring new life to these iconic works.”

https://www.papermag.com/madonna-cover-2657875747.html#rebelltitem85

quoted :

Naturally, a compilation was the least she could do. Finally kicks off a multi-year initiative to reissue all her past albums, remastered, which will include previously unheard versions and rarities so mythic the reveal of them could send certain corners of the Madonna fandom into bouts of foaming-at-the-mouth hysteria.

15 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

yes they did ... it was mentioned in an article last year and guy o even said " stuff fans have been waiting years for " do you think he meant vinyl re-issues by that ???

Actually yes possibly - the Erotica 12" Picture Disc is an example of something that fans have been wanting for years!

21 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

yes they did ... it was mentioned in an article last year and guy o even said " stuff fans have been waiting years for " do you think he meant vinyl re-issues by that ???

19 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Guy Oseary said: “Over the past 30 years, I’ve been fortunate enough to meet and spend time with many of Madonna’s incredible fans, and this new partnership will bring to fruition what so many of them have been patiently waiting for: a celebration of her groundbreaking catalogue. My partner Sara Zambreno and I are working closely with Warner Music Group to bring new life to these iconic works.”

11 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

quoted :

Naturally, a compilation was the least she could do. Finally kicks off a multi-year initiative to reissue all her past albums, remastered, which will include previously unheard versions and rarities so mythic the reveal of them could send certain corners of the Madonna fandom into bouts of foaming-at-the-mouth hysteria.

Nothing you posted says "unreleased" material will be included.  Going by what the official press statement says....

This new deal heralds the launch next year of an extensive, multi-year series of catalog releases that will revisit the groundbreaking music that made her an international icon. For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more. 

We can only assume that we could get "unreleased" material, but there is no promise.  I'm just saying. 

10 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Actually yes possibly - the Erotica 12" Picture Disc is an example of something that fans have been wanting for years!

Exactly.  I'm sure it's weighted differently with each fan.  FEL also is part of this deal, and I don't consider that "the least she could do" either.  It's all part of the special releases mentioned. :)

Meanwhile, re-issues of the albums will soon start, but as the official press statement stated, it's a "multi-year" deal, so it's going to happen over the next few years.  We just need to be patient for the album re-issues. 

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

quoted :

That's a quote from the journalist who wrote the article - not anyone from M's team

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

You've clearly communicated for the last 12 months+ that you only want unreleased tracks and demos (and have also been clear that you're only interested in tracks that have not already leaked online) I think you need to be prepared that an expanded edition of an album from the back catalogue may not include demos and demos have never been promised. 

8 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

You've clearly communicated for the last 12 months+ that you only want unreleased tracks and demos (and have also been clear that you're only interested in tracks that have not already leaked online) I think you need to be prepared that an expanded edition of an album from the back catalogue may not include demos and demos have never been promised. 

To add also - Madonna is notoriously flakey when it comes to re editions - so until something is actually pressed and released - I wouldn’t be holding out for anything than what’s already out there.

22 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Thank you.  It's not out of the question that an expanded edition may include unreleased material or demos (depending on the artist), but to walk away from the official press statement issued regarding this campaign, as if  Madonna is going to release demos or unreleased material is setting yourself up for a disappointment.  Especially since Madonna has been clear about how her demos and unreleased work have leaked.  She is an artist who prefers perfection. Doesn't mean she isn't incline to share her demos in the future, but since it's not been stated officially, we can only assume what may be included.

26 minutes ago, tscott said:

Thank you.  It's not out of the question that an expanded edition may include unreleased material or demos (depending on the artist), but to walk away from the official press statement issued regarding this campaign, as if  Madonna is going to release demos or unreleased material is setting yourself up for a disappointment.  Especially since Madonna has been clear about how her demos and unreleased work have leaked.  She is an artist who prefers perfection. Doesn't mean she isn't incline to share her demos in the future, but since it's not been stated officially, we can only assume what may be included.

I think our biggest chance for demos are the ones she has posted on Instagram - eg the Burning Up 1981 demo etc  

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

That's a quote from the journalist who wrote the article - not anyone from M's team

A journalist can't just say that or they put themselves at risk for a lawsuit. Fans would be disappointed it didn't include what the journalist said and it could have a detrimental effect on sales as a result. There's no way that wouldn't have been approved by M's team. 

37 minutes ago, adirondak said:

A journalist can't just say that or they put themselves at risk for a lawsuit. Fans would be disappointed it didn't include what the journalist said and it could have a detrimental effect on sales as a result. There's no way that wouldn't have been approved by M's team. 

Are you serious?  The media is known to spin things.  There are many ways journalist are able to report things without being sued.  No one from Madonna's team is going to target anyone who tries to assume demos and unreleased material will be included.  Besides, no one in the media has really stated she is releasing unreleased material or demos.  It's FAN fiction.  Some fans are so impatient and desperate for some of her unreleased material they will read into anything to assume what they wish.

36 minutes ago, tscott said:

Are you serious?  The media is known to spin things.  There are many ways journalist are able to report things without being sued.  No one from Madonna's team is going to target anyone who tries to assume demos and unreleased material will be included.  Besides, no one in the media has really stated she is releasing unreleased material or demos.  It's FAN fiction.  Some fans are so impatient and desperate for some of her unreleased material they will read into anything to assume what they wish.

They can’t say something like that without qualifying it’s alleged in some way. They can’t just make a baseless claim that could cause lost sales over raised hopes. It is definitely grounds for a lawsuit. So… yes, I am serious. 

9 minutes ago, adirondak said:

They can’t say something like that without qualifying it’s alleged in some way. They can’t just make a baseless claim that could cause lost sales over raised hopes. It is definitely grounds for a lawsuit. So… yes, I am serious. 

Not sure, but I think they can say that without legal reprimand if it was just an innocent misinterpretation of the press release (ie not bad intentions).

19 minutes ago, adirondak said:

10 minutes ago, Glassy24 said:

Not sure, but I think they can say that without legal reprimand if it was just an innocent misinterpretation of the press release (ie not bad intentions).

There you have it.  The media is known to misinterpret.  That is why they are constantly challenged and sued, but in most cases, do not lose.  Like mentioned, anyone trying to misconstrue that Madonna is going to release "demos" or "unreleased" material is hardly something anyone will take to task.  Fans can assume.  Fans can hope.  Fans can believe or assume, but at the end of the day, it never means it's true.

1 hour ago, adirondak said:

No, there are many articles over the years that include an M interview that make assumptions or misunderstand press releases.

11 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

No, there are many articles over the years that include an M interview that make assumptions or misunderstand press releases.

It has not been stated officially but to me it seems it was implied there MIGHT be some unreleased material. 
And I’m pretty sure we’re gonna get some surprises in that sense. 
But some of these fans are taking it to a whole new level. They imagine the vaults have been open and it’s a free for all. Like every reissue will come with 15 unreleased songs we never knew of before. And that’s just not gonna happen.