MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Ha ha that was not part of the plan 

Yeah I would take crud back that up to beat over anything unreleased from like a prayer 😂😂😂 Guy o seary knows that fans want the full concerts too - I remember him saying that at various tours that fans were constantly hounding him for blond ambition, reinvention etc so I’m just hoping this will also be part of this Warner deal - it would just be nice if they announced SOMETHING that’s all I’m saying here ….

4 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Yeah I would take crud back that up to beat over anything unreleased from like a prayer 😂😂😂 Guy o seary knows that fans want the full concerts too - I remember him saying that at various tours that fans were constantly hounding him for blond ambition, reinvention etc so I’m just hoping this will also be part of this Warner deal - it would just be nice if they announced SOMETHING that’s all I’m saying here ….

They lost out on so much money not releasing them at the top of her popularity or around her 30th anniversary in 2012 after the Superbowl

9 hours ago, TOpher said:

Nowhere does it state that the reissues with correlate with anniversary dates of albums. There is nothing stating that the first album reissue will be on the 40th anniversary or ROL on the 25th. It’s all speculation so it’s silly to make those statements like it’s fact 

And yet we have just seen a large Erotica 30 campaign and an Everybody 40 release at the very beginning of her resigning to Warner. Admittedly there was no erotica album but they are marking the occasion. 
Celebration tour is a 40th celebration.

There is literally zero point in a rerelease campaign if there are no unreleased or demos. None. The vinyls and CDs are all still available to buy everywhere. 
bar like maybe Celebration. And rhino already milked the colour variants over the years when they couldn’t release anything new. 
I think @GregVsMattis being coy or trying to temper expectations a little which is understandable, but the math doesn’t add up to me considering her contemporaries (Prince, MJ and Mariah to some extent) have all had expanded editions with unreleased material and different versions. 

I mean we’ll see but I think all hell will break loose in the fandom if after 40 year wait for some back cat recognition we get nothing new. 
Queens will riot. 

51 minutes ago, steady75 said:

There is literally zero point in a rerelease campaign if there are no unreleased or demos. None. The vinyls and CDs are all still available to buy everywhere. 
bar like maybe Celebration. And rhino already milked the colour variants over the years when they couldn’t release anything new. 
I think @GregVsMattis being coy or trying to temper expectations a little which is understandable, but the math doesn’t add up to me considering her contemporaries (Prince, MJ and Mariah to some extent) have all had expanded editions with unreleased material and different versions. 

I mean we’ll see but I think all hell will break loose in the fandom if after 40 year wait for some back cat recognition we get nothing new. 
Queens will riot. 

exactly - Prince re-issues have really set the bar its just a shame they have gone really quiet since the amazing SOTT box set which included 7 cds !! a full live concert(unreleased) on dvd and cd !! the sort of stuff M and Warners should be putting out - god knows they have plenty of stuff to choose from ...

The potential for Madonna reissues is huge. Particularly because she is still with us to promote them. Unlike Prince rest his purple soul. I’d like Madonna to break new ground with these and have both historical items unearthed and bring some versions along with maybe going the Taylor Swift route and releasing a single per rerelease. One she loved but didn’t get to release as a single. 

let’s not forget Gambler was also released in streaming, which is something the fans have been asking for for years. 

I really think they are doing their best to release good stuff, considering Madonna is probably withholding most of the unreleased things. 

i would really love a re-release though. Erotica was such a missed opportunity. I don’t think they did any money with that, nothing of notice (except the vinyl single) was put on sale. 

10 hours ago, tscott said:

There you have it.  The media is known to misinterpret.  That is why they are constantly challenged and sued, but in most cases, do not lose.  Like mentioned, anyone trying to misconstrue that Madonna is going to release "demos" or "unreleased" material is hardly something anyone will take to task.  Fans can assume.  Fans can hope.  Fans can believe or assume, but at the end of the day, it never means it's true.

Oh I get it…. So the media can just print or say any false info that could cause financial losses because, hey, they misinterpreted. Interesting. I wonder what the retraction page is for…

I have faith in demos and unreleased. 
They know fans want this

They know fans trade and get this from leaks and other avenues. Guy knows this. 

They may as well profit from stuff that is already out there.

Back That Up is an unreleased demo. 
They released it. 

Will we get everything? Unlikely. But I’d expect two or three unreleased and a couple of demos and a couple of remixes on a standard deluxe and more potentially on a four disc boxset like George Michael’s Older. 

They’re not dumb. They know she’s been at it 40yrs. They know her fanbase is ageing. They know her commercial power has dipped in terms of product ( not touring) and they know that artists are increasingly looking to sell their catalogues. 

M will likely make bank for the next five years on the reissues (so she’ll want as much product out there while she has the chance to profit and curate) and then she’ll sell the rights for a fortune. Her selling with stuff still in the vaults is poor business. Mamas down for the Double bank. 

It’s a bit of a case of now or never. In ten more years who cares? 
She’ll be canonised and then it’s about future generations and not her immediate fanbase. This is a commercial farewell to her legacy fanbase of sorts. Then it’s all Madonna Gold. Essential Madonna etc. 

6 hours ago, steady75 said:

And yet we have just seen a large Erotica 30 campaign and an Everybody 40 release at the very beginning of her resigning to Warner. Admittedly there was no erotica album but they are marking the occasion. 
Celebration tour is a 40th celebration.

No and yet. We didn’t get an erotica reissue on the anniversary. We got tidbits that’s all. There’s nothing stating these reissues will be released on their respective anniversaries. We have no idea what’s coming or when. And I agree with you there is no point in reissues without unreleased material. I won’t be shelling out any money for a reissue amid there is nothing new on it. 

2 hours ago, musicinferno said:

The rumourmill implies that Bedtime Stories is coming first but I highly doubt this. They would be fools to pass up the debut 40th anniversary in July to coincide with the launch of the tour. But then again, who knows. Madonna and her team are extremely unpredictable. 

I think it's just a "rumor".  Really doesn't make sense to re-release BS since it really isn't hitting any particular milestone this year and as you pointed out you'd think the 40th Anniversary of her debut would be the album they want to re-issue.  I guess they could release both this year though?  ROL 25th makes more sense before BS. 

12 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

It has not been stated officially but to me it seems it was implied there MIGHT be some unreleased material. 
And I’m pretty sure we’re gonna get some surprises in that sense. 

But some of these fans are taking it to a whole new level. They imagine the vaults have been open and it’s a free for all. Like every reissue will come with 15 unreleased songs we never knew of before. And that’s just not gonna happen.

I find this to be a reasonable assumption.  When I read "expanded" versions, it's easy to think they could possibly include some unreleased material, but as you said, some are expecting they are going to release the vault.  It ain't happening.  I prefer to keep my expectations of this campaign low, so if anything special does show up, it will be a pleasant surprise. 

21 hours ago, steady75 said:

Madonna also just posted a which “Madonna album are you?” game

And it came it as Bedtime Stories for her and she winked.

this is no coincidence 

So you honestly think Madonna took the time out to do multiple rounds of that game just to get the Bedtime Stories one to post?

I don't buy it.

I love Bedtime Stories but that being the first reissue would be a flop. We need one of the massive albums to be first. LAP, ROL, LAV, COADF, TB or debut just cause it’s the first album and its 40th. 

It truly concerns me when @GregVsMatt keeps trying to temper expectations on this cause I really don’t see the point of these releases without unreleased content. In the past couple of years, we’ve seen her dancing to her demo tapes and shit. And all of her contemporaries release unreleased songs for their reissues. Even Taylor swift knows her re-recordings won’t sell well without unreleased songs. As much as Imm trying to be a hopeful stan, I truly do not understand business wise that they would set out on this endeavor without putting out unheard songs

33 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I love Bedtime Stories but that being the first reissue would be a flop. We need one of the massive albums to be first. LAP, ROL, LAV, COADF, TB or debut just cause it’s the first album and its 40th. 

It truly concerns me when @GregVsMatt keeps trying to temper expectations on this cause I really don’t see the point of these releases without unreleased content. In the past couple of years, we’ve seen her dancing to her demo tapes and shit. And all of her contemporaries release unreleased songs for their reissues. Even Taylor swift knows her re-recordings won’t sell well without unreleased songs. As much as Imm trying to be a hopeful stan, I truly do not understand business wise that they would set out on this endeavor without putting out unheard songs

No, I stick to facts - fans that present assumptions or their own expectations as facts are giving themselves license to complain later by setting a false narrative. I would love demos etc on the upcoming expanded editions. 

And no it was just a question from Rhino 

10 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Guy is the person who set up the Warner deal and he has always been an advocate for what fans want so anything is possible.

8 hours ago, steady75 said:

Queens will riot. 

Here's the thing, we are very likely to get demos and previously unreleased tracks / edits / remixes on the upcoming expanded editions however when fans made statements claiming this is a fact and was promised, I just want to be clear it has never been. 

I think we are in for an amazing year and it's likely what we will get will exceed expectations

2 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

No, I stick to facts - fans that present assumptions or their own expectations as facts are giving themselves license to complain later by setting a false narrative. I would love demos etc on the upcoming expanded editions. 

And no it was just a question from Rhino 

Yea I figured. They do stuff like that all the time with a bunch of artists and it amounts to them just engaging with fans. I think the assumptions come down to this sole question: “What is the point of this without unreleased songs?”. And I think based on past releases from her even prior to this deal, we have gotten new/unreleased songs. Immaculate- Rescue Me, JML; Celebration - Revolver, Celebration, It’s So Cool, Broken; STR - You’ll See, that cover 😅; R&R - Your Honesty. Expanded curated deluxe editions to me does imply extra songs and I don’t think songs like Frozen on Fire, Hung Up on T, etc will be those extra tracks since that happened long after the press release and as a result from her songs taking off on tiktok. By the 2021 press release. There had to have been some plan in place on what these editions would look like. 

If you are able to disclose, vaguely what has your involvement been on this project thus far? 

1 minute ago, Shoful said:

Yea I figured. They do stuff like that all the time with a bunch of artists and it amounts to them just engaging with fans. I think the assumptions come down to this sole question: “What is the point of this without unreleased songs?”. And I think based on past releases from her even prior to this deal, we have gotten new/unreleased songs. Immaculate- Rescue Me, JML; Celebration - Revolver, Celebration, It’s So Cool, Broken; STR - You’ll See, that cover 😅; R&R - Your Honesty. Expanded curated deluxe editions to me does imply extra songs and I don’t think songs like Frozen on Fire, Hung Up on T, etc will be those extra tracks since that happened long after the press release and as a result from her songs taking off on tiktok. By the 2021 press release. There had to have been some plan in place on what these editions would look like. 

If you are able to disclose, vaguely what has your involvement been on this project thus far? 

Hey I'm not involved in the -project

6 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Here's the thing, we are very likely to get demos and previously unreleased tracks / edits / remixes on the upcoming expanded editions however when fans made statements claiming this is a fact and was promised, I just want to be clear it has never been. 

I think we are in for an amazing year and it's likely what we will get will exceed expectations

Ahh ok gotcha! You’re just making clear that nothing has been promised, which is true we don’t have an exact definition on what they meant in the press release. 

I feel it in my bones that this year will be amazing for Madonna. Return of her touring greatness, along with at least one reissue and potentially some new project release containing new songs