MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

3 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Hey I'm not involved in the -project

Got it, sorry just assumed since it seems you have some inside knowledge like on how long FEL has been planned. Was that just knowledge you acquired from connections since you are very involved in the fandom?
Sorry if it sounds like I’m grilling, I’m just a curious mind and trying to get some questions straight that I think a couple members here have. Feel free to tell me to stfu whenever :Madonna006:

You’re one of the members I truly enjoy, since you always have good decorum and always have positive energy in what can be entire pages of negativity 

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Got it, sorry just assumed since it seems you have some inside knowledge like on how long FEL has been planned. Was that just knowledge you acquired from connections since you are very involved in the fandom?
Sorry if it sounds like I’m grilling, I’m just a curious mind and trying to get some questions straight that I think a couple members here have. Feel free to tell me to stfu whenever :Madonna006:

You’re one of the members I truly enjoy, since you always have good decorum and always have positive energy in what can be entire pages of negativity 

Hey I have established some connections over many years and am careful never to ask questions or expect specifics before an announcement - eg the FEL questions I asked after the release as a geeky collector who was interested in the process 

52 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I have to echo this statement regarding @GregVsMatt.  I enjoy his posts and how he doesn't assume more than what is said.  I see so many fans get fired up about things, and start turning false narratives into facts, so it's good to have reasonable people like him to remind people what is fact and what is fiction.  The fact is; the campaign has already started for the fans and soon enough will be seeing re-issues of fthe albums.  My bet is we're getting the First album this year and possibly another along with it.  :)  

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

The extra content from remastered albums was discussed in that Paper Magazine issue last year.

Anyway, what the hell is "Allright (sic) Now" ? This is Madonna"s ideas for the Virgin Tour and she's talking about a song called "Allright now"

4121155-orig.jpg

Probably a mash up with the 70s song All Right Now by Free. I can hear the guitars working with Burning Up.

43 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

im surprised no-one has mentioned the 20th anniversary of AL is coming up soon even though its probably her worst album imo ...

Had some nice remixes tho. I remember vacationing in Greece at that time in Mykonos and i asked a bartender (it was a small pub) to play "I'm So Stupid" it was my jam at that time. 

I love American Life, it's up there with her best. 

Just a reminder of the Paper interview from last summer :

"Naturally, a compilation was the least she could do. Finally kicks off a multi-year initiative to reissue all her past albums, remastered, which will include previously unheard versions and rarities so mythic the reveal of them could send certain corners of the Madonna fandom into bouts of foaming-at-the-mouth hysteria."

On 1/29/2023 at 9:54 AM, adirondak said:

Oh I get it…. So the media can just print or say any false info that could cause financial losses because, hey, they misinterpreted. Interesting. I wonder what the retraction page is for…

In the US I think that if the comments are done in "good faith" and not recklessly disregarding the truth, then it's not something they'd get sued for. Their statement could easily be a reasonable deduction given the press release (many of us assumed there'd be unreleased material before that interview was even published). If they're wrong, they could retract their statement if they wish, but I don't think for legal reasons, but for their reputation.

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I love American Life, it's up there with her best. 

Just a reminder of the Paper interview from last summer :

"Naturally, a compilation was the least she could do. Finally kicks off a multi-year initiative to reissue all her past albums, remastered, which will include previously unheard versions and rarities so mythic the reveal of them could send certain corners of the Madonna fandom into bouts of foaming-at-the-mouth hysteria."

Same kind of thing I said before, it could be a misinterpretation of the release. However, previously unheard versions could be "White Heat (Instrumental)" and rarities could even refer to RSD releases like Everybody. Even that doesn't promise demos. I would LOVE it if there were though, because that'd actually be fun. But unless someone in Madonna's team is stating this clearly, I'm not getting my hopes up.

On 1/29/2023 at 6:45 AM, Blue Jean said:

Honestly I am way more excited for the tour than any boxset 

That's funny, I'm the exact opposite!  I love seeing her live and knowing I'm in the same space and breathing the SAME AIR, lol.  But for me, the music and records and cool collectibles are a tangible reminder of my relationship with this most Iconic of artists.  And maybe I'm just a Material Girl (but not necessarily a Material Gwoooorl, I think I'm far too old for that,lol).

On 1/30/2023 at 5:34 PM, wtg1987 said:

im surprised no-one has mentioned the 20th anniversary of AL is coming up soon even though its probably her worst album imo ...

I love American life.Wash all over me should have been on that album😍💅hahaha but seriously Its a good album in my opinion but she literally has no interesting unreleased from that era.I would love the singles on streaming though😍