MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

58 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Any news about it ? That was supposed to happen in 2022. Were they just talking about the uploads on streaming patforms of the singles and the upscales of the videos ?

The next big release should come this Summer, according to rumors - and to logic, a year later from "Finally Enough Love".

"Madonna 40" makes sense, but let's see.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

Yes, it's really cool and all that, but I'll stick to my Immersion box from 2011.

It had more content. Demos, an alternate early mix from 1972, the original quad mix, backdrop videos and more.

Also this box is three times more expensive than the Immersion Box.

The only thing I want from the new box is the 160 page book, and that one is available separately.

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/pink-floyd-the-dark-side-of-the-moon-50th-anniversary-reissue/

2 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

Any news about it ? That was supposed to happen in 2022. Were they just talking about the uploads on streaming patforms of the singles and the upscales of the videos ?

FEL Box Set, RSD 2022, Erotica Picture Disc and Everybody 40th.. It started in 2022. 

39 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

FEL Box Set, RSD 2022, Erotica Picture Disc and Everybody 40th.. It started in 2022. 

Are we still classing limited vinyl as this campaign ? I still don’t feel like this campaign has properly kicked off yet until we get the holy grail of a full album reissue and whatever content she decides to include and not include - from a collectors point if view it should be both audio and video content ( not upscale YouTube crap compression ) at this point I don’t even care what album is - I just want to see what the blueprint will be for future releases …

9 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Are we still classing limited vinyl as this campaign ? I still don’t feel like this campaign has properly kicked off yet until we get the holy grail of a full album reissue and whatever content she decides to include and not include - from a collectors point if view it should be both audio and video content ( not upscale YouTube crap compression ) at this point I don’t even care what album is - I just want to see what the blueprint will be for future releases …

Yeah, I'm also disgusted with that campaign so far. I don't care for vinyls either.

9 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

It's the dramatics for me 

Of course everything from the WTG RSD release onwards is part of the campaign

12 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

The campaign specifically said special releases curated By Madonna.  Therefore, FEL and this upcoming American Life Release is all part of the campaign.  The press statement didn't just say it would ONLY include the re-issues of her albums. And there is no promise it will be ALL her albums.  Meanwhile, the video upgrades and digital releases are something separate from that.  The digital/streaming/video upgrades are simply getting Madonna up to speed by expanding her music on these platforms which is how most music is consumed these days.  Why not just enjoy it as it all rolls out?  Eventually the re-issues of her music before WTG will happen. Be patient, and I'm pretty much betting the first album is probably the first expanded re-issue being released. 

7 hours ago, Kacper said:

Yeah, I'm also disgusted with that campaign so far. I don't care for vinyls either.

I know vinyls mean good sales and money, but I don't care either. I feel happy for the vinyl collectors but I don't collect vinyls since Erotica. 

My wish: the expanded album editions. 

5 hours ago, lap said:

I know vinyls mean good sales and money, but I don't care either.

Why even bother to buy vinyls? Vinyls loose sound quality after some use. Anyway the campaign is not fair. I had to pass on RSD American Life remixes because it was vinyl only. Even if I would buy it, it's useless for me. "RSD" stands for Record Store Day. Aren't CDs records too? I'm missing something? That sucks! 😠

8 minutes ago, Kacper said:

Why even bother to buy vinyls? Vinyls loose sound quality after some use. Anyway the campaign is not fair. I had to pass on RSD American Life remixes because it was vinyl only. Even if I would buy it, it's useless for me. "RSD" stands for Record Store Day. Aren't CDs records too? I'm missing something? That sucks! 😠

Vinyls are the most popular physical format. If they made CD’s they wouldn’t sell many or make much money so there would not be much point.

47 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Vinyls are the most popular physical format. If they made CD’s they wouldn’t sell many or make much money so there would not be much point.

Yeah, but they could do both. Vinyl and release this on CD as well, as any new release these days. They would sell even more copies then... 

Not sure what's the point to have it only on vinyls. Because I will definitely pass on this exactly for this reason. 

Someone posted this on PopJustice:

The first issue is coming this july/august with the tour and it's gonna be the first album. For what I know they are going to release them in chronological order. Also the same team that are working on the Prince reissues is working on these for Madonna.

No idea how reliable that is, though.

8 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The first issue is coming this july/august with the tour and it's gonna be the first album. For what I know they are going to release them in chronological order. Also the same team that are working on the Prince reissues is working on these for Madonna.

Is completely reliable in my heartAww Cuteness GIF

12 minutes ago, shakeyerdix said:

Come on ! They release a ROL blanket... Why are people unhappy ???

Best way to celebrate best album ever = release a blanket !

You do know it takes time to put these re-issues together? While I understand you are anxious, but it's pretty clear they are starting with the first album.  It only makes sense to release that around the time of it's 40th Anniversary release.   I'm sure there will be complaints no matter what they release, but I prefer they take their time and do this right.  I don't want them to just slap together a new re-issue of what we already have.  I have faith they are putting together something special for the first album.  Again, I expect some will find fault in whatever is released, but we have to remember this deal is meant to be a 'Multi-year' deal.  Her team is obviously trying to put some time and effort in this.  Isn't that what we want? 

10 hours ago, HC Charge said:

Yeah, but they could do both. Vinyl and release this on CD as well, as any new release these days. They would sell even more copies then... 

Not sure what's the point to have it only on vinyls. Because I will definitely pass on this exactly for this reason. 

When it comes to the album re-issues I'm sure it will be in multiple formats.  But let's be realistic here, most people stream now.  Still, there are people such as myself who like to own a physical copy.  In my younger days, I would go for the CD format, but these days I welcome Vinyl because that's how an album should be enjoyed.  The album 12 inch album artwork is enough reason why to own the Vinyl.  And if you take special care of your Vinyls, you can enjoy them for years without diminishing quality

24 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It seems to make total sense to re-issue this album first. I'm so excited.  

5 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Pretty much perfect. BUT there was a lot of unreleased stuff with him. And of course he was dead so he couldn't stop them from putting there anything they wanted.

Yes, they were soooo good! That's the wild card here - Madonna is a perfectionist, it'll be interesting to see what (if any) unreleased gems she approves to be included. 

It was such a nice surprise to get Your Honesty - but what's more surprising is why it wasn't included back in the day as a b-side - its sound was very BS.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Isn’t that Prince’s estate?

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

are the Prince reissues good?

Yes and no. As Prayer said, he has sooooo many unreleased recordings. While they include so many bonus tracks, there’s still so many CONFIRMED unreleased things that haven’t leaked that are strangely left off these releases.

But besides that, they are well curated and packaged. Lots of attention to details.