MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

1 minute ago, Jackie said:

It was such a nice surprise to get Your Honesty - but what's more surprising is why it wasn't included back in the day as a b-side - it's sound was very BS.

I remember Madonna saying that Your Honesty was too dancey and she rejected it. Too bad. This and Let Down Your Guard are great songs.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Kacper said:

I remember Madonna saying that Your Honesty was too dancey and she rejected it. Too bad. This and Let Down Your Guard are great songs.

lol really? It's almost identical to Survival - maybe that's why it was rejected on the album - but still should have been a b side, a great track!

1 minute ago, Jackie said:

lol really? It's almost identical to Survival - maybe that's why it was rejected on the album - but still should have been a b side, a great track!

Funny thing is that.... Your Honesty and Survival were both made by Dallas Austin 🤭 Although Survival was not produced by him but by Nellee Hooper.

13 minutes ago, Kacper said:

12 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Not “Dancey,” but too “hip hop”

“She said it was too hip-hop recalls Kevin Parker, assistant engineer on the song. Daniel Abraham was called in at the last minute to remix the song. “The label wasn’t happy and they held up production of the CD to see if the remixes would allow them to use the tracks.” Abraham remixed Your Honesty and Don’t Stop, with were both set to be cut from the album, but only Don’t Stop passed the Abraham remix test. 

1 minute ago, deathproof said:

“She said it was too hip-hop recalls Kevin Parker, assistant engineer on the song. Daniel Abraham was called in at the last minute to remix the song. “The label wasn’t happy and they held up production of the CD to see if the remixes would allow them to use the tracks.” Abraham remixed Your Honesty and Don’t Stop, with were both set to be cut from the album, but only Don’t Stop passed the Abraham remix test. 

Thank you for correction. I tried to find the information but could not find it. 

I have those prince re-issues - purple rain, 1999 and sign of the times and they are all wonderful releases - especially the SOTT box set which has 7 or 8 cds(i cant remember how many) plus a remastered dvd of one a 1987 new years eve gig and full unreleased live cd !! - the mastering on them is also good - i think bernie grundman did them - he is way better than mike dean who just seem to hit the loud button on everything and quite frankly is shit at remastering ... if shes going to keep using him they really need to get their act together -  dont know if he was invloved in the gambler digital single but that sounds awful -imagine what M could do if she does follow the Prince releases instead of jsut teasing with limited vinyl issues and blankets(wtf ?? )

21 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Thanks! Interesting- it’s a great track!

30 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I'd love to hear the original versions some day.
Maybe they'll be included if there's a reissue of Bedtime Stories. And they could also finally let us hear Something's Coming Over, the rejected Shep Pettibone production of Secret.

30 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I have those prince re-issues - purple rain, 1999 and sign of the times and they are all wonderful releases - especially the SOTT box set which has 7 or 8 cds(i cant remember how many) plus a remastered dvd of one a 1987 new years eve gig and full unreleased live cd !! - the mastering on them is also good - i think bernie grundman did them - he is way better than mike dean who just seem to hit the loud button on everything and quite frankly is shit at remastering ... if shes going to keep using him they really need to get their act together -  dont know if he was invloved in the gambler digital single but that sounds awful -imagine what M could do if she does follow the Prince releases instead of jsut teasing with limited vinyl issues and blankets(wtf ?? )

Yes, it was Bernie Grundman who remastered Sign "O" The Times and 1999.
He also remastered parts of Purple Rain, and His Purple Highness remastered the album itself.

Bernie really is absolutely top notch when it comes to this.

6 hours ago, Prayer said:

Someone posted this on PopJustice:

The first issue is coming this july/august with the tour and it's gonna be the first album. For what I know they are going to release them in chronological order. Also the same team that are working on the Prince reissues is working on these for Madonna.

I hope this is true!

7 hours ago, Prayer said:

Someone posted this on PopJustice:

The first issue is coming this july/august with the tour and it's gonna be the first album. For what I know they are going to release them in chronological order. Also the same team that are working on the Prince reissues is working on these for Madonna.

No idea how reliable that is, though.

FUCK YES!!! GIVE IT TO US

2 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Every fan base has fans like that lol

So true. Did you hear on the recent Red Hot Chilli Peppers tour in Oz fans complained about the setlist and so the band made changes to keep them happy and added a heap more of their older songs. The fans have WAY too much say now. Let the artist be the artist.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

So true. Did you hear on the recent Red Hot Chilli Peppers tour in Oz fans complained about the setlist and so the band made changes to keep them happy and added a heap more of their older songs. The fans have WAY too much say now. Let the artist be the artist.

Yeah and Guy is their manager - I know fans complained about the MX setlist too 

12 hours ago, tscott said:

You do know it takes time to put these re-issues together? While I understand you are anxious, but it's pretty clear they are starting with the first album.  It only makes sense to release that around the time of it's 40th Anniversary release.   I'm sure there will be complaints no matter what they release, but I prefer they take their time and do this right.  I don't want them to just slap together a new re-issue of what we already have.  I have faith they are putting together something special for the first album.  Again, I expect some will find fault in whatever is released, but we have to remember this deal is meant to be a 'Multi-year' deal.  Her team is obviously trying to put some time and effort in this.  Isn't that what we want? 

I just hope it will !!!

Nobody would complain about their shitty blanket IF in parallel reissues of music happened...

And btw, yes I know perfectly well the work of making this kind of project as I realized for Universal France the complete box set recording of 18 cd of a French singer whose records were lost in different records companies. Most of records companies were not existing anymore for years so it was particularly hard to follow history and discovering who had bought rights and archived. I visited forgotten basement to find a little tape for a missing unreleased track whom I knew the existence. Most of people were dead so it was a real work to communicate with someone who knows some one.... So I had to find all tapes back to remaster everything and it was stuff from 60's and 70's. 

So for Madonna who starts recording in 1979, who had only 2 records companies with 90% of people still alive, it would be extremely easy to work on it. Nothing seems to be lost. She was extremely successful since 1984. 

Nobody ever threw away some orignals of Madonna. Nothing was lost at all. They all know they own something important.

Jellybean still have the tape of Working my fingers on the bone waiting for an official demand to use this track some day. NOTHING IS LOST. It just need a motivate team to start the work...

I just hope the level will be high as for the moment it's not...

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Fans are paying exorbitant amounts of money for tickets. They have a right to air their grievances. It’s up to the band whether or not to take their complaints into consideration. 

19 hours ago, Jackie said:

I've always thought she did not put it on the album because it was about 2pac and since he broke up with her she wasn't releasing a track glorifying him EVEN THOUGH i suspect Forbidden Love is also about 2pac but since it kind of touch on the reason why it did not work (racism) she kept it.

8 hours ago, shakeyerdix said:

I just hope it will !!!

Nobody would complain about their shitty blanket IF in parallel reissues of music happened...

And btw, yes I know perfectly well the work of making this kind of project as I realized for Universal France the complete box set recording of 18 cd of a French singer whose records were lost in different records companies. Most of records companies were not existing anymore for years so it was particularly hard to follow history and discovering who had bought rights and archived. I visited forgotten basement to find a little tape for a missing unreleased track whom I knew the existence. Most of people were dead so it was a real work to communicate with someone who knows some one.... So I had to find all tapes back to remaster everything and it was stuff from 60's and 70's. 

So for Madonna who starts recording in 1979, who had only 2 records companies with 90% of people still alive, it would be extremely easy to work on it. Nothing seems to be lost. She was extremely successful since 1984. 

Nobody ever threw away some orignals of Madonna. Nothing was lost at all. They all know they own something important.

Jellybean still have the tape of Working my fingers on the bone waiting for an official demand to use this track some day. NOTHING IS LOST. It just need a motivate team to start the work...

I just hope the level will be high as for the moment it's not...

Agreed. This isn't like Michael Jackson, who once lost an entire multitrack tape to one of his songs and has missing songs in his estate's official vaults. Madonna has her organizational shit together.

9 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Totally agree.  Thank goodness Madonna doesn't listen to her fans.  I'm convinced if she did, her career would have gone down in the dumps long ago.  At the end of the day, she's the artist and while fans may have the right to complain, it's not their art they are wanting to share.  Madonna has always been the sort of artist who does things unconventionally and hardly succumbs to societal expectations. :)

25 minutes ago, xpressyourself said:

Agreed. This isn't like Michael Jackson, who once lost an entire multitrack tape to one of his songs and has missing songs in his estate's official vaults. Madonna has her organizational shit together.

This is easier said than done.  While I agree Madonna may have her "organization shit together", it doesn't mean she has access to everything at such ease.  Fans tend to want to disbelieve anything if it doesn't meet their expectations.  For instance, Alek Keshishian says they lost or can't find additional concert footage or it just doesn't' exist from the shows he shot for BA/Truth Or Dare, but some fans insist it's a lie or what not.  Maybe it is, maybe it's not, but all I know is Madonna has had a phenomenal career and has done a lot.  It's quite possible people have lost track of a lot of her unreleased stuff.  Not only that, Madonna has been quite adamant about not wanting to release unfinished work. Now, that may be changing for her since she's becoming more and more of a nostalgic act and she might want to start pulling out the unfinished and/or unreleased work to capitalize on it, but I prefer to respect her wishes if she's not interested in sharing such work.  Whether we may think it's good or not "as is", it doesn't mean Madonna is comfortable with releasing it as an artist.  It may be when she's passed and long gone when this stuff might resurfacing. 

20 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I have all of the reissues too since my only favorite artist before Madonna is Prince.  I have the SOTT singles collection, too; I'm so proud of it that I have not even been able to open it lol.  The estate's attention to detail has been wonderful but I just wish that they would release everything.  Call me selfish :whip:but there is nothing that I would enjoy more.  

2 hours ago, angelamanda623 said:

I have all of the reissues too since my only favorite artist before Madonna is Prince.  I have the SOTT singles collection, too; I'm so proud of it that I have not even been able to open it lol.  The estate's attention to detail has been wonderful but I just wish that they would release everything.  Call me selfish :whip:but there is nothing that I would enjoy more.  

I so want Parade and a clean version of Heaven ( a 1985 unreleased track). That said, call me picky BUT, yes the estate did a great job with these Prince releases BUT a lot of vault tracks were slapped on the wrong albums. It's especially true for Purple Rain, most of the unreleased tracks were recorded after the release of the album and movie and a lot of real Purple Rain demos and unreleased tracks were left in the vault instead. Same with 1999 but it's the one that is the most faithful to the recording order of the unreleased material.....but it still misses the unreleased album Prince did between 1999 and Purple Rain (he talked about in his 1985 Rolling Stone interview). What i dislike about Sign O The Times is they could have put a fake Dream Factory album together, even a Crystal Ball one. Some tracks from that era are still missing. 

12 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

It’s a balance right - fans keep them in business - so there’s an element of needing to please- if you are a legacy artists vs if you are looking to build and attract new ones.